Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > "I wish I knew how to quit you!" (Drama)

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by No One (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
Or should I say the girl genre? Most people usually call it that since girls are the ones who prefer this genre. The movie is usually followed by a hollow feeling inside with perhaps a few tears and ... Seriously, girls, why do you like this genre?

So get your tissues ready and discuss all sorts of drama movies.

message 2: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) I am a straight male who will say to your face that I love drama if it is done right.

message 3: by No One (new)

That's fantastic, and which films are you referring to then?

message 4: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) Um, films like Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Even though it didn't do to well, did it?) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and so on. I'm not talking about lovey-dovey drama, but more like the ones I just posted.

message 5: by No One (new)

Never heard of the first two, but I've heard of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was quite different from other films.

Out of dramas I really like Crash. They have parallel story line and a really great moral. I'm not a big fan of the romantic dramas either.

message 6: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is the title of a movie, it's not two movies. It came out January 20 in theaters. And it's based off this book: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

I feel like I've heard of Crash, but I don't think I've seen it.

message 7: by No One (new)

Oh, now I feel silly. I thought they were to films related to each other. Sounds interesting.

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ I don't really care for dramas, i mean, if it's good, ok, but if not, CHANNEL CHANGE! but for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I first saw the trailer and I'm like "Oh cool, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life!" WRONG! not looking for keys and there isn't a girl in there, whoops

message 9: by No One (new)

I like some like A.I., Edges of the Lord and The War.

message 10: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close that movie about 9/11 and the boy and his dad? If it is, I wanted to see it even though I'm sure I'd get so sad about it. I'm usually stoic with really sad things, I mean I'll tear up but I've never like bawled bc of a movie, idt

message 11: by CJ (new)

CJ I NEVER cried during a movie until I saw Marley and Me where Marley dies, then it was only a few tears. But after that, certain things make me cry in a movie

message 12: by No One (new)

I forced myself to cry during Titanic. The first movie that really made me cry was Star Wars ... So many emotions rushed through me and it was very late.

message 13: by Karishma (last edited Mar 25, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Karishma Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "I NEVER cried during a movie until I saw Marley and Me where Marley dies, then it was only a few tears. But after that, certain things make me cry in a movie"

*mouth gaping and slapping air* SAME!! It was the little boy that got me (I'd teared up at other movies before that though)

I'm gonna try to cry during Titanic when I see it again, so fingers crossed. Did anyone ruin the ending of Star Wars for you or did you get to experience it?

message 14: by No One (new)

I knew the story already. I think it was the hormones and I had been sitting alone watching the movies during the night so that might be the reason. God, it's really awkward to think about.

message 15: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Why awkward?

message 16: by No One (new)

For me crying is a taboo. If you cry you're a weakling.

message 17: by Karishma (new)

Karishma That's not true, it's just not very good to cry at everything. Not imo anyway. I don't like cry a lot, but I do when I get frustrated, which is annoying, and I can be sensitive, but I don't really like admitting that I've cried

message 18: by No One (new)

When you're used to something that's just how it is. I know know that crying isn't a sign of weakness, but it's hard to get used to.

message 19: by CJ (new)

CJ No One wrote: "For me crying is a taboo. If you cry you're a weakling."

ik that feeling. I almost cried in class today (long story) and I just barely was able to bottle it up with all of my other feelings on my crammed shelf of bottled feelings

message 20: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Crying in class is the worst...Especially when most of the class is looking at you all bc you and your friends are having drama issues. Ahh middle school...And then you realize the guy you liked saw you cry. Fantastic

message 21: by No One (new)

I remember one time in first grade or something when we were playing with snow balls and one of them had a stone that hit me. Gosh, it really hurt. I just stood there with a frown, holding the tears in.

message 22: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Awww, No One. I've got a story that might be similar, like dealing with a pride thing, but idk if it actually applies

message 23: by CJ (new)

CJ Karishma wrote: "Crying in class is the worst...Especially when most of the class is looking at you all bc you and your friends are having drama issues. Ahh middle school...And then you realize the guy you liked sa..."

what are you talking about middle school? Yeah, that's were all the drama is, but I'm just a loser kid in HS who has to bottle ALL emotions pretty much and if something gets loose for just a moment...WHAM! natural disaster.

message 24: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Insert the song Natural Disaster by the Plain White T's here, but you're not loser, but I kinda get what you mean. Sucks for the poor soul who gets the (there's a word but like the person you blow up on)

message 25: by No One (new)

So why do you guys like drama? I mean, you feel horrible and you cry. What's so great about it?

message 26: by CJ (new)

CJ i don't know, maybe single girls like it cuz then they get the romance they are missing in their lives or something, idk

message 27: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Haha that could be true, idk, I'm like a cheesy person, and sappy things do make me rme but like I'll still like the movie. Like I watched My Sister's Keeper over the weekend, and it was sad at some parts. Some things I was just like calling, and in my mind I'd make little remarks but Idk, I'm not sure why drama's so popular. Maybe it's bc I was introduced to them at an early age

message 28: by No One (new)

How do you explain the girls in a relationship? Heh. I guess we all have our favorites. Must be that some people love that feeling.

message 29: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Crying is therapeutic? maybe

message 30: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I think this would be under drama, but The Untouchables? Ik I'm lame and don't watch a lot of movies but we started it in my history class and I wanna finish it! It's about Al Capone and Elliot Ness (last name spelled wrong prob)

message 31: by No One (new)

AH! I love that movie. I guess it's more of an action movie though it does have elements of tragedy in it.

message 32: by Karishma (new)

Karishma *nods* Got it

But yeah, it looks so good! I wanna finish it but we'll prob do it after AP exams

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ ick exams, at least you can study from tests, I WISH I could take tests in my hardest class so that I can study for my exam that will now be impossible

message 34: by Karishma (new)

Karishma If you have an AP exam, you could ask your teacher for multiple choice sections from past exams, those always help me.

Okay so I think most people know the scene in Titanic where Rose wants him to paint her like one of his French girls, and in the 3D version, they don't show her breasts not bc it's graphic, but bc they think people will try to reach out and touch them, thus disturbing others' viewing experience

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ thanks for that image...excuse me while I go vomit my guts out

message 36: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Okay, I'll be right here:)

message 37: by No One (new)

Seriously? Bahah! Hilarious.

message 38: by CJ (new)

CJ its out of theaters now so whatever

message 39: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Oh and they still showed them, but just not like the scene where like you see it all. I was crying, those damn kids always get me