Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > La la la la! (Musicals)

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by No One (last edited Mar 01, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
Musicals are all about music (du'h!) and dancing. Choreography is as important as the story and emotions are shown through the dances.

So grab your dancing clothes and discuss all sorts of musicals.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

If you have not seen Fiddler on the Roof or Cats, you are very sad and deprived. Especially for Fiddler on the Roof. Man, that was a good one...

message 3: by CJ (new)

CJ I saw some of Fiddler on the Roof when I was 11 I think, but my dad started watching it about 9:30, so Mom began shouting "BEDTIME" soon after. Never seen Cats, seen Wicked (LOVED IT!) Lion King (GREAT effects) and the movie version of Phantom of the Opera (nice songs!)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Phantom of the Opera was pretty good. and yes, I loved the songs in Phantom of the Opera. I need to see the Lion King, and I REALLY need to see Wicked.

message 5: by CJ (new)

CJ I loved Lion King because it's alot like the movie, so if you don't like the movie DON'T SEE IT!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you mean the Disney version? Because I LOVE the Disney version. My mom and my older sister have both seen Lion King, but it hasn't been shown too often anywhere near us since then. Oh well, maybe my parents will take me to see it next time it shows.

message 7: by CJ (new)

CJ there's another version of the lion king besides Disney?! wow, you learn something everyday. Yeah, Lion King on Tour is here now, but will be gone VERY SOON and since my & my mom saw it on Broadway (music trip w/ school) my dad & sis have been deprived of a good show

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well...I'm actually too unlearned to know if there is another version of the Lion King. I just wanted to make sure... *blushes slightly*

I live in a small town, and if I were to see Lion King, I'd have to drive a couple hours to do that.

message 9: by CJ (new)

CJ ah, ok, i understand (to both parts)

message 10: by No One (new)

I'm not much of a Musical type, but I like Moulin Rouge. Probably because it's funny at the same time.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty much forced to be the musical type because I am one of three daughters of a musicain. So, i play lots of instruments, and I love music. If I didn't grow up with the knowledge of playing an instrument, I probably wouldn't like music as much. I would still be a music fanatic.

message 12: by No One (new)

That's great. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano, but never had the time nor the patience. My dad's musical, but his interest didn't affect me much.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom forced me at 4 or 5 to start playing the violin. And trust me, if you EVER get into playing piano, you'll love it. It's my favorite instrument to play (plus it is the one I excel at) and then viola, the second instrument I play, comes in a close second. It's just so awesome to hear 5th graders through 11th graders playing music from the 1st POTC and it sound good. That's what we're playing right now in my mom's orchestra.

message 14: by No One (new)

Quite artistic. I can't even remember what I did at that age.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

*sigh* If only I could be four again and have no worries at all...

message 16: by CJ (new)

CJ I tried taking piano lessons, but all my teachers backed out. (NONE OF IT WAS MY FAULT!) ok, i've only had two, but still. I really wanna learn guitar, but I'm really cheap and don't EVER ask my parents if I can do anything that requires them to cough up money, except the occasional movie (which 9x out of 10 they say no, but...)

message 17: by Karishma (last edited Mar 17, 2012 07:01PM) (new)

Karishma Aww do you guys remember when Hugh Jackman hosted something and he sang and danced? I loved that one:)

When I was 4 or 5, I was outside getting stuck in trees or other tall things

message 18: by No One (new)

Damn, I read Hugh Jackman ...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "I tried taking piano lessons, but all my teachers backed out. (NONE OF IT WAS MY FAULT!) ok, i've only had two, but still. I really wanna learn guitar, but I'm really cheap and don't EVER ask my pa..."

I'm pretty cheap too lol.

message 20: by CJ (new)

CJ yeah but with this bad of an economy, I'm surprised that some of us have enough money to spend seeing Broadway shows and the occasion Big Screen Musical. Everyone is going cheap almost because they have too.

message 21: by Karishma (new)

Karishma No One wrote: "Damn, I read Hugh Jackman ..."

*facepalm* That's what I meant. Smh for the life of me I couldn't remember his right name, I was about to just put Wolverine *ASHAMED*

message 22: by No One (new)

Karishma wrote: "No One wrote: "Damn, I read Hugh Jackman ..."

*facepalm* That's what I meant. Smh for the life of me I couldn't remember his right name, I was about to just put Wolverine *ASHAMED*"

Hooray! I'm just glad it was him. There's no need to be ashamed when not remembering a name. (It rhymed!)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, it did.

message 24: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Yeah but I like him so it's just like a Duh huh moment for me (idk who says that but I think it's one of my teachers)

Speaking of, is he the one in the pic in the western thread?

message 25: by CJ (new)

CJ the guy for western pic is Clint Eastwood I think

message 26: by Karishma (new)

Karishma *headdesk* I thought so from the writing, but it didn't look like him to me.

message 27: by CJ (new)

CJ I don't really know who Clint Eastwood is, except an actor who Micheal J. Fox tried to pass himself off as in Back to the Future III.

message 28: by No One (new)

That's Clint Eastwood, yes.
This is Hugh Jackman
[image error]

Such a man ... *wipes away drool*

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

...no comment...

message 30: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Phahaha the only complaint I have is the hair. I mean I guess a little isn't bad but idk, I tend to like guys better when they've shaved. Lol sometimes ill sit there and be like "Why does he look better today..Oh he shaved, that's it."

message 31: by No One (new)

But Hugh Jackman is a man of all men. Idk how to explain it.

message 32: by CJ (new)

CJ he has muscles and that's why...at least, that's all I see.

message 33: by Karishma (new)

Karishma The muscles and hair is why I'd guess he's the 'man of all men' And he sings! Lol

message 34: by CJ (new)

CJ he sings? oh heaven help us all.

message 35: by Karishma (new)

Karishma And dances:)

message 36: by No One (new)

Something about him makes him both awesome and sexy.

He sings in a musical, but I haven't seen it ...

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ he can dance? for real, glad I didn't see that or I would be scarred for life

message 38: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Well he did the Grammy's that one year (I think it was that anyway) and he did this song and dance thing and it was good. Lol I like him:) Maybe not as much as No One though;)

message 39: by No One (new)

^^ Guilty.

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma The Sound of Music was on this weekend. I was thinking and that's probably my favorite movie

message 41: by CJ (new)

CJ I love Sound of Music, but I love the part before the intermission better than the part after the intermission

message 42: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Idt I've seen the version with the intermission, or if I have it was a long time ago bc I can't remember. Where is it?

message 43: by CJ (new)

CJ Maria gets married and then it's the intermission

message 44: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Ohhh, yeah then it gets sad. Last time I was watching it, my brother was in the room, and he was re-enacting the Family Guy spoof of what happens at the end with the nuns and how they say they've sinned

message 45: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Oh and something I noticed, While they're twirling about and their skirts are flowing, sometimes they fly right up and you can see their underwear

message 46: by CJ (new)

CJ I think that's my favorite part of the 2nd half
"Reverend Mother, I have sinned."
"I too have sinned, Reverend Mother."
"What is this sin that you have done, my children?"
*holds out car batteries*
*I LMHO*

Yeah, I notice that too(in several movies) and I'm like, "The choreographer needs to work on having his dancers not flash the audience"

message 47: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Lol *hold out head* "Oh my God that's Rolfe!!" lmbo

You'd think they would've been more careful about that back then but I guess not. Which reminds me of something I need to go write in another thread