*~* <3 JUDGE A BOOK YOUNG ADULT AND OTHER<3 *~* discussion

AUTHORS HOT SPOT!! > SHOOTING STARS

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hodgson (lesliehodgson) | 2 comments My book is NEW in the young adult genre and is quickly gaining raving testimonials and many are saying "Must Read!" If anyone on this form wants to read it in exchange for leaving reviews, I will GIVE you an eBook coupon on smashwords to get it for free (message me) or a coupon to get it "at cost" from Amazon.com

Here is a short description:
Shooting Stars is refreshing fantasy that will keep readers turning pages as they get caught in a whirlwind of events with teenage siblings Isaac and Stella who discover their gifts, the truths about the Universe and that they've been hidden from a vicious man who still seeks to destroy the future they were preserved for. They learn to travel as Shooting Stars and set about on their missions.

A full description can be found at. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/... - Here you can get in it any eBook format as well as see the link to buy it in print on Amazon.

Here are some reviews:
"I picked up "Shooting Stars" for my twelve year old daughter. I had a few moments and glanced at the first few pages. I was hooked. She'll now have to wait. From the first paragraph the storyline in engrossing. I thought this book was for kids, but my 48 year old mind is caught up in the intrigue, the suspense and the characters" (Jack Turnbull)

"I loved Harry Potter, and my kids love the Twilight series, but SHOOTING STARS has all the excitemtnt and drama of these books without the magic and vampires in the background. It's pure fun. Leslie Hodgson is a star on the horizon. I can't wait to see what comes next. SHOOTING STARS was a pure pleasure." (Frank Dell)

"When I picked up SHOOTING STARS and started to read, it took me back to my teenage years and I learned about the North Star. To me, if you'll me to wax philosophical, it meant the star that never changed---the loadstar. It's funny now when I see so many things changing for the worst in the country I love, that this SHOOTING STARS comes along and reminds me to focus on those things which do not change. I love the story, the characters are real and grow into their roles, and the conflict seems to be an age-old conflict. SHOOTING STARS is a wonder. Way to go!" (Franklin Fredericks)

I can't get enough of the make-up of this book. When I read this sentence on page 41, I said whoa, this is a singular book: "Actually, every human has the ability to create their world ahead of them." That really got me. Thank you for this tremendous work. I've already encouraged my friends and their kids to read it. (Barry Jones)

"I love tight plots like Princess Bride. SHOOTING STARS delivers the same pace, action and character development. There is not a wasted sentence, like a trip around the Universe to places that don't fit the plot. Every point is justified, and I like that in a book. Way to go, Leslie Hodgson. You have a winner." (Bobbie Roca)

message 2: by Maylee (new)

Maylee (mayleejo) | 1174 comments Mod
WOW this looks AMAZING I'm definetly going to have to get a copy!!! Thanks for sharing it :) it looks super interesting!

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hodgson (lesliehodgson) | 2 comments Hi Maylee- I am sending a link to your message inbox so you can get the book, and also thank you Heather for wanting to read and review it as well! Anyone else just message me and you'll get a link and a coupon code!