Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Cynthia Hand
This topic is about Cynthia Hand
Series Discussions > Unearthly Series - Cynthia Hand

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Feel free to chat about the Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand here!

How does this book compare to other Angel themed books you've read?

About Spoilers:

Let's keep them covered!! Use the (view spoiler) code so that no one has to have anything revealed until they get there. Post where you're at. If you don't know how to do it just ask!

Nothings worse then getting spoilers!!

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand Untitled (Unearthly, #3) by Cynthia Hand

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wong | 6 comments I've only read the first book but I had fallen in love with it. I cannot wait to get my hands one the second one.
This is one of my favourite angel books along with the hush hush series. Also the cover art is gorgeous

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments The cover art is stunning.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (DeirdreAstraia) I started reading the first book yesterday evening, and just started the second... Once I started, I just couldn't stop reading anymore!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) I'm really upset because I could have sworn that I had an ARC for this, but I can't find it...

message 6: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I can't wait to start this one. I've ordred Hallowed from book depository so I want to wait until that arrives before I start Unearthly...don't want to be stuck dying for book 2 to arrive. :)

message 7: by Dusky (new)

Dusky (dusklikedawn) | 26 comments I just finished Unearthly and I am definitely hooked. I couldn't wait for the second one and I got that too. There are so few books lately that have grabbed me and held my attention as much as this one. The angel thing is new to me, though. I read Fallen And it was okay, but not on the same plane with this one. I am, surprisingly, loving this.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I started Unearthly . . . did anyone else feel like there were too many "I" and "I's" in the first person??

Other then that it's got me hooked.

message 9: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I just started it too, not quite 100 pages in. It has a nice flow that just makes it easy to read, even though not a lot has happened yet. I'm definitely into it though.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments That's good. I think once I really get into it I'll enjoy it more.

message 11: by juuree (new)

juuree I love this series! I anticipate the third book :). 2013 is so far away.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments At least it's only a one year wait, that's all that matters!!

All right I'm really starting to enjoy this book now!

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I started Unearthly . . . did anyone else feel like there were too many "I" and "I's" in the first person??

Other then that it's got me hooked."

I just started it and had that same thought! I am only a couple chapters in but I am not really into yet. I am sure that will change as I continue to read it. I find it interesting but slow so far.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments the too many "Is" start to tone done.

The concept behind the book has me hooked.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments Thanks!

message 16: by Dusky (new)

Dusky (dusklikedawn) | 26 comments I haven't been feeling well the last three days, so all I've done, literally, is lay in bed and read. I just started reading my seventh book of the three day period. The first book I read was Unearthly and I was so enthralled with it, that when it ended I had to get Hallowed. And those two books have remained in the forefront of my mind through the others. I just can't get over the emotion. I don't know that I have ever read a book that has made me feel so much. I hate knowing it'll be a year before the third one comes out.

Hallowed was actually the better of the two in my opinion. There was a lot less action, but the characters, who they are, the angst, etc. practically jumped off the page. (view spoiler)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Wow!! Sounds like you really enjoyed them!

message 18: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I couldn't go to sleep last night until I finished Unearthly...so I was up til 3am. And I have to say...I totally dig a cowboy. I usually like more action but I didn't feel like I was missing out with this.

Shera, I know what you mean about the I's, I think what throws me off is the first person present tense. Usually the first person narrative is in the past tense.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments It's kind of stopped bothering me know.

It's nice to finally read a book that takes place with a place that I'm familiar with. Jackson Hole baby.

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarasugar) | 1 comments I loved these books. I love that the mc has a nice simple name, Clara, and not something frou frou with so many vowels. I love that the mistakes she makes are realistic (as realistic as they can be when you are part angel 0.0) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tucker, I think he is super swoon worthy and that their romance is believable and sweet, and not instant. Hallowed is one of the better middle books that I have read, and I cried more than once. I love this series.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I'm still at the point were Tucker is a jerk face.

message 22: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 240 comments found them on my nook color:

Unearthly #1
Hallowed #2

both are in e form but I have added them to my wish are and hope to get to them soon.
this will be my first angel series and it sounds good if some one has a nook and has them all ready can I barrow them thanks?

message 23: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'm still at the point were Tucker is a jerk face."

Lol. Have you seen the show 'Hart of Dixie'? Tucker reminds me of Wade on that show.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Sorry I bought my ebook copies else wear.

Julianne you are so right!! Makes me love Tucker even more. (Hart of Dixie is my it's-lame-I-know-I-shouldn't-love-it-but-I-do series!!)

About Christian (view spoiler)

Boy, that was a windy spoiler.

message 25: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (fairydragonstar) | 20 comments I have the first 2 on my Nook and I am willing to share...SO far I have read the first book and I loved it...the suspense and the mystery captivated me and the romance portion really brought the whole thing to gel for me...the relationship between mother and daughter also spoke to me

message 26: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 240 comments well if you want to do nook friends need real name and email address like this:

timothy adams tfadamst@yahoo.com

let me know.

message 27: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 240 comments common no spoilers. have yet to read it. alos looking for nook friends if any one here has a nook let me know.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments PEOPLE NO SPOILERS!!!!! PLEASE. PUT THEM IN THE SPOILER TAG.

*sigh* I hate it when people ruin the story. I'm gonna go binge on some chocolate.

message 29: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (fairydragonstar) | 20 comments Ok I read Hallowed and Intense...it is the only word I could come up with...this is one of the best stories I have read in the longest time...it touched parts of my soul I did not even know I had.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Wow!! I need to read these books faster, it sounds like you guys are just loving them.

message 31: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I got Hallowed in the mail today!! Can't start it til tomorrow after work. :(

message 32: by Nichola (new)

Nichola connor (httpgoodreadsnicconnor) | 17 comments OH ive only just started this
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand this morning!!
Today's my day for chilling out so i should be able to sink my teeth right in and work my way through it by the end of the day hopefully. :)

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments I have been so busy I've hardly read any of Unearthly so far. But I just got introduced to Tucker and since someone mentioned it, immediately my mind keeps going to Wade from Hart of Dixie (also a guilty pleasure show of mine) :)

I have to agree I do see the similarities!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Yeah, Heather!! It's good to share a guilty pleasure.

message 35: by Alex (new)

Alex (acobaf) | 25 comments I really like this series so far, I can't wait for the third one to come out! Good choices for this month!

message 36: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Heather wrote: "I have been so busy I've hardly read any of Unearthly so far. But I just got introduced to Tucker and since someone mentioned it, immediately my mind keeps going to Wade from Hart of Dixie (also a ..."

And not a bad visual to have while reading. :D

And Hart of Dixie is totally my favorite show these days. It's the only show I watch the day it's on as opposed to letting it pile up in the PVR til I'm ready for a break from reading.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments All right I'm moving slowly through Unearthly but I just (view spoiler) Now the authors going to use this time apart to try and make Christian look better.

message 38: by Dusky (new)

Dusky (dusklikedawn) | 26 comments That was definitely a hard part to get through, Shera. But it gets better. I love how Cynthia Hand makes you feel everything she writes. But it makes some parts difficult to read.

message 39: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn M | 10 comments I have not read this yet but I love the recommedations

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I'm definitely feeling all of the emotions.

message 41: by Nichola (new)

Nichola connor (httpgoodreadsnicconnor) | 17 comments Well finished Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand this morning and have to say I really enjoyed it was a light easy read and will have to get the second one now.

message 42: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) Ok I bought this book a while ago, but I haven't read it yet. Out of my 20 or something books sitting on my shelf in my bedroom, this is probably my most anticipated. I have a feeling (I really hope it's right!) that this'll become my new favorite series! And this thread totally got me pumped for it too. I can't wait! And I love Hush Hush too, so is that a good sign that I'll like this?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments It probably is a good sign Destiny. Some Hush, Hush fans I've seen really love this series.

message 44: by Jean (new)

Jean | 7 comments I just finished Unearthly and I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!! After reading so many PNR's and getting the same sappy love story over and over again, this book was like a breath of fresh air to me. I loved Hand's writing. It reminded me alot of Stephanie Meyers writing. I'm not trying to compare twilight to Unearthly just pointing out that Hand has that awesome ability to make you feel what the character is going through, much like Meyer does. All of the characters are realistic. I feel like I may have met them at somepoint in my life because they are so real. (besides the whole having wings thing) At the end I actually yelled "WTF" and imidiatly bought Hallowed. Cant wait to get started on it.

message 45: by Mishka84 (new)

Mishka84 | 14 comments Hallowed is one of my favourite books of all time! Its better than Unearthly - hard to believe, I know - but any author that can stimulate the emotion I felt whilst reading this gets five stars from me! I wont elaborate you'll understand when you read it!

message 46: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (goodreadscomgwendolyn) | 4 comments SOLD! And that why I love my nook! Early Sunday morning, laying in bed, learning about a new book people are RAVING about, getting the book with the touch of a button.....its like magic! What i dont like about my Nook? I spend sooooo much time reading about books, FaceBook!!!! and general messing around on the net, I dont read near as much. Saves money though, my book "bill" has gone waaaay down!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I've been dragging my feet because I don't want this one to end!! But I will finish this today, I can't prolong my suffering any further. (view spoiler)

message 48: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I read Hallowed last night. I wasn't planning on reading the whole thing but once I started I couldn't put it down. I afree with what everyone above says about the emotions. Wow, what a rollercoaster. lol. And I realized that usually in books with a love triangle one of the guys seems clearly way better than the other one and I'm always cheering in my head for the one I like. With this book I didn't think about it, I just followed where the author took me and it always felt right. Again, just Wow.

message 49: by Ashi (new)

Ashi | 3 comments heyy i havent read that series. Whats it about?

message 50: by Mishka84 (new)

Mishka84 | 14 comments Susanna wrote: "I haven't been feeling well the last three days, so all I've done, literally, is lay in bed and read. I just started reading my seventh book of the three day period. The first book I read was Unea..."

Exactly how I felt, the only time I felt like that was the end of 'My sisters' keeper' takes a certain something to write like that doesn't it?

Does anyone know if they are classed as YA and does anyone have any idea what the third book will be called or has it not been announced yet?

« previous 1

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unearthly (other topics)
Hallowed (other topics)
Boundless (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jodi Picoult (other topics)
Cynthia Hand (other topics)