Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > "You’re a wizard!" (Adventure)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by No One (last edited Mar 01, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
Every kid has a wild imagination and who hasn't had that one dream of being special? We make up our own stories filled with magic every day. That's why we love watching adventure films and get lost in the fairy tale.

So grab your imaginary friends and go on an trip to discuss all sorts of adventure movies.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2012 01:16PM) (new)

"You're a wizard, Harry."
Is that what you were quoting? If so, I WIN!

Okay, You know how when books are made into movies, almost everyone likes the book better? Well, my biggest, most awesomest goal I have for doing things for becoming famous (besides becoming a world-wide known author) is to make a GOOD movie right from the book with all the details and nothing in messed up. THAT would be AWESOME. An adventure movie would do wonderfully. I mean, who does love a good adventure movie besides those little 3-year-olds who watch My Little Pony all the time?

message 3: by No One (new)

That's the correct answer!

I like the LOTR films a lot better than the books, but that's because I think there are many "fillers" in the books. But it would be awesome if you made a good movie based on a book. Sometimes it's just impossible to get it right.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, especially with the special effects and things.

message 5: by No One (new)

Special effects, great actors, music, scene ... LOTR's got everything.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I've actually never really been interested in LOTR...

message 7: by No One (new)

Really? I'm a real LOTR nerd ... You've seen them all right?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, whenever I start watching, I can't really get into it as much as some movies, like Pirates of the Caribbean. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that series, but I haven't seen the fourth one. I REALLY need to see it. I doubt that it would compare to the previous ones though.

message 9: by No One (new)

The fourth isn't as great as the other ones. Especially because of the new romance in it. Seriously, it feels like another film within the film. I sat there wondering why the heck they had that idiotic story line in the plot.

message 10: by CJ (new)

CJ Go ask Johnny Depp, he practicaly writes the entire thing now. But I hope number 5 is better, revenge of Angelica. Nothing worse than a woman scorned, except maybe an evil eye watching your every move (back to LOTR, sorry)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

No One wrote: "The fourth isn't as great as the other ones. Especially because of the new romance in it. Seriously, it feels like another film within the film. I sat there wondering why the heck they had that idi..."

oh, I'm sure. A lot of people talk about how great the 4th one is, but I'm sure it's a load of junk.

message 12: by No One (new)

Johnny makes the scipt? Dang. How can he make such a cliché story? I'm disappointed.

message 13: by CJ (new)

CJ Because he is the star, he gets the most imput i think, and now he is giving ideas to the writers or something. And cliche as in the fountain of youth? that, yes, other wise, I don't think it was that cliche at all. All your favorite charries are gone (which is why so many didn't like it. if there is a number 5, most of the characters have to come back or EVERYONE on the POTC fan list will be gone

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope that there is no 5th one. There should have NEVER been a 4th one.

message 15: by CJ (new)

CJ You haven't seen #4 so you can't judge. If you have seen it, that's a different story.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I guess I can't. But still, the ending of the 3rd one suggested the end to the series.

message 17: by CJ (new)

CJ not if you saw what the map said

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Map?

message 19: by CJ (new)

CJ at the end of 3, it said FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 12, 2012 05:47PM) (new)

Oh. I guess either I just haven't noticed it, or it's been too long since I saw the 3rd one. (Dang it, I keep wanting to put "last one" instead of "3rd one"...)

message 21: by CJ (new)

CJ that's ok, it was the last one to many ppl and will always be the last since Orlando is gone (boo hoo, NOT)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Orlando Bloom! Keira Knightley wasn't my favorite actress in POTC, but she was okay.

message 23: by CJ (new)

CJ I think she was a better governor's daughter than pirate, but oh well, she was still good

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, she is a better governor's daughter. Johnny Depp is still the best, but Orlando Bloom is definitely the best looking lol.

message 25: by CJ (new)

CJ out of all the pirates, yes, out of all famous ppl, no. Plenty of better looking guys than him

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Well of course. But in the movie, yes, he's the hottest.

message 27: by CJ (new)

CJ yeah, Bloom vs Rush...no contest

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

what movies does he play in?

message 29: by CJ (new)

CJ Rush or Bloom?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Rush.

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ Rush is in Legend of the Gaurdians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, POTC, and prob others, but I don't know anymore

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah. I prefer Bloom.

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ unless you are a desprate old hag, everyone prefers Turner to Barbossa

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, totally, but Barbossa is cool, but not hot like Turner.

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ yeah, I love him in #4 for one part

Barbossa: Don't move. You have a really poisonous frog on you. Just a scratch and it touches you, you'll be dead in a few minutes. But let me touch it and put it in my jar of ten other frogs just like it.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

message 37: by No One (new)

Barbossa is cool. Bloom is a jerk in real life. Depp is awesome. Keira is irritating. There.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Keira is a little irritating. Is her British accent fake in POTC?

message 39: by No One (new)

She's supposed to be from England, but her accent might have gotten rusty. I'm not sure.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah...I was just wondering because her accent occasionally sounded a tiny tiny bit forced. Maybe I haven't seen POTC recently enough to know. *shrugs*

message 41: by No One (new)

I can't remember either. I think we need a real Brit to decide whether it's good or not.

message 42: by CJ (new)

CJ anyone know a person with a British accent? KNOW them, not know OF them, cuz if so...we can all name at least one (the QUEEN of ENGLAND!)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I know no one with a Brit accent.

message 44: by No One (new)

I know. OH. Wait, we need someone from GR.

Nate!

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 22, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

Oh yeah! After I left Writing on the Wall (don't ask why), I kinda-sorta...forgot about Nate...

message 46: by No One (new)

Now I really wanna ask why.

message 47: by No One (new)

And thus I've seen HG. Now before I start when I watched the trailer and found out how Peeta looked I would have some sort of defense mechanism every time he appeared "EWWW!". Sort of childish, but I couldn't help it. That's now how "my" Peeta looked.

Now to the movie. I laughed the first time I saw Peeta. Veronica and I sat on the front row laughing really loud. Later on the kid (yeah, kids. Everyone there was around the age of 11 to 14 with small exceptions) next to me gave me a strange look every time I saw Peeta because I chuckled. But I did great, ay? I managed to surprise the chuckling later on.

Lots of things were different which made it really stupid, and it all went so fast. Plus I didn't like the how it was filmed, it was just all too messy. And I swear to God I was about to laugh really loud when all the girls in the cinema went "aaaawwww!" when they saw Gale's reaction to Peeta and Katniss kiss. Jesus Christ ...

Anyschways, it wasn't so bad. Probably because I had low expectations in the first place.

message 48: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) You thought they changed a lot? I thought that, as adaptations go, it wasn't that bad at all. I just reread the book, so it was pretty fresh in my mind, and it seemed to me that what they changed didn't much matter.

message 49: by CJ (new)

CJ the only BIG change that was only kinda important was where she got the pin. other than that, I don't think they changed anything THAT important.
But, yeah, I did NOT like Peeta for the first few times I saw him, he looked SO ugly, but after the first half hour of being forced to look at him, he grew on me.

message 50: by No One (new)

Really? No big differences?
Peeta is supposed to be the one to “finish off” the bonfire girl, whereas this is a big shocker to the reader since he doesn’t want to kill, but in the movie the team all killed her together.
The mutant dogs are supposed to be the dead tributes.
The avox girl who Gale and Katniss met in the forest isn’t there. This shows us what happens to people who try to run away.
The pin, of course. Madge isn’t even there …
The scene with Rue being killed by boy from district one is also different. Katniss is supposed to come out and see him spear her in the net, not save her first and then watch her get speared.
And does anyone remember that Katniss actually tried to kill Peeta when the rules changed again? Seriously. I think that irritated me the most because that’s one of the reasons why I like her character so much. She struggles a lot of times with her trust, but none of that is shown in the movie.

« previous 1