Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > 2012-03 OLD MAN'S WAR: roll call and initial impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Please let us know if you're reading, planning to read, or have read Old Man's War by John Scalzi.

No spoilers in this topic please!

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments I have read this but won't have time for a re-read. I'll try to participate in the discussion as my time and memory allow. Here's a link to my review from Dec. 2008.

message 3: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 807 comments I just finished this morning. I still haven't decided on my rating. Overall I enjoyed it, there were a few spots that really bogged down for me and I had to fight my way through them.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments Read it a month or so ago. Enjoyable. I'll have to skim back over some parts to be able to provide any coherent comments.

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I read this last summer and enjoyed it. Made me rush out and buy some more of his books

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 98 comments I'm planning on reading it. I'll try to provide clear enough comments that those of you that read it earlier can refresh your memories =).

message 7: by Jasmine M (new)

Jasmine M | 19 comments I'm planning to read it this month, but there are other books I started and didn't finish yet :(

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 187 comments I've read it, and enjoyed it. Doubt I'll have time for a re-read but will try to participate in the discussion.

message 9: by Bill (new)

Bill (kernos) | 334 comments I've read the 4 books in the Old Man's universe. They are all good, the 1st the best, IMO. I'll try to participate, IIR

message 10: by Marty (new)

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I've read this and will chime in if I have anything to say.

message 11: by Ric (new)

Ric (ricaustria) | 28 comments Have read it and enjoyed it. Gave it a rare 5-stars. here's a link to me very brief review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Am now working my way through the sequel, The Ghost Brigades.