Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > "The force is strong with you" (Sci-fi)

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by No One (last edited Jun 01, 2012 02:21AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
Space, aliens, technology, futuristic science, paranormal abilities. What more could one want? Your inner nerd may come forth.

So grab your lightsaber and discuss all sorts of science fiction movies.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

have u seen tron yet?

message 3: by No One (new)

Nope, but several people have told me I should. I wanna watch it because of the special effects.

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ I saw Tron a little while ago (Not Tron Legacy, TRON, as in Tron 1!) and it wasn't too bad considering the costumes looked like they were made from cardboard. Oh well, special effects has come a LONG way since that time

message 5: by No One (new)

I saw Blade Runner the other day and loved the effects. When watching new movies it feels like they're relying too much on computer technology. Many of the scenes in Blade Runner were painted on a glass. Now I think that's far more interesting than animation.

message 6: by CJ (new)

CJ seriously, not just drawn on paper, painted on glass?! DUDE, THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME!!!

message 7: by No One (new)

I know! Unfortunately I didn't see this magic. I was only told of it.

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ awwww, sad. But that is something new. Maybe it could bring a whole new dimention to animation.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That's really cool.

message 10: by No One (new)

I wish they would take some note of it. They rely too much on computer graphics nowadays.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

My brother would probably give you a whole lecture about how much computer graphics are nessicary, but hey, he's a computer freak, and he's proud of it.

message 12: by No One (new)

It's necessary, but they overuse it. That's why I think it's somewhat refreshing to see an old movie.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I love old movies so much! Mosly when they're films, but some old cartoons are good too.

message 14: by No One (new)

Especially Star Wars. Man, such a great movie.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Eh, I could never really get...into...it... *gets ready for ridiculing*

message 16: by No One (new)

No need to ridicule anyone. We all have our different tastes. I wasn't a real fan before I pushed myself to watch them, and then I was so amazed by the result.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe I should force myself to do that.

message 18: by CJ (new)

CJ no. I don't know why Noe did that, but if you don't like the movie the first time, you probably won't like it the second time. I think they're good, just like POTC and LOTR, but some people just don't like them, and that's perfectly fine.

message 19: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I read this article about how now sci-fi's getting like less popular or something Or like how fantasy is taking over bc we haven't met the unrealistic goals we set in like the 70's.

Ooh idk if this is off topic but it's kinda sciency. Scientists are gonna try to bring back the wooly mammoth

message 20: by Nate (new)

Nate just make a hairy elephant and enlarge its tusk...

(that sounds so wrong)

message 21: by No One (new)

I didn't force myself. HEhe! Using the force ... I just wanted to watch it since everyone said it was great.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Karishma wrote: "I read this article about how now sci-fi's getting like less popular or something Or like how fantasy is taking over bc we haven't met the unrealistic goals we set in like the 70's.

Ooh idk if th..."

ya I've heard that.

@ No one: I'd HAVE to force myself.

message 23: by CJ (new)

CJ why would you WANT to bring back the wooly mammoth?

@ No one: ha ha lolz.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

idk...

message 25: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Oh right, so one of my cousin's was the lucky one and didn't have the ending of the Star Wars series spoiled for him, so when he got there it was like "Whoa...*mindblown*"

I think I'm more of a Star Trek person

I'd want to bring the wooly mammoth back...but I'd hope it wouldn't kill us and I'd have to know the dimensions and stuff

message 26: by No One (new)

I've never seen Star Trek. I feel like I've really missed out on something there.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen a little bit...

message 28: by CJ (new)

CJ my heart goes out to both of you, live long and prosper, but don't be happy. I have nothing more to say to you, unless you want to watch the original Star Treks, then...Can I come? I grew up on The Next Generation, so alot of regular Star Trek stuff is lost to me *sob*

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm kinda a mix of "next generation" kinda person and "old-school" kinda person. So yeah.

message 30: by No One (new)

Oh man! I wish I could have a slumber party with you guys where we watched a bunch of movies and got sick of eating too much ice cream.

Slumber parties rock.

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ yeah, the only thing is they can make or break a friendship. 3 am, everyone's cranky but too proud to go to bed, fights start real quick.

message 32: by No One (new)

Unless you're the owl. Then you end up watching everyone else fall asleep and struggle with your conscience on whether to draw or not draw a moustache on the sleeping people.

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ my conscience always loses, but i wake them up cuz I don't draw light

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

No One wrote: "Oh man! I wish I could have a slumber party with you guys where we watched a bunch of movies and got sick of eating too much ice cream.

Slumber parties rock."

Lol that's be fun...

@ Knight (that's what I'm gonna call you 'cause I think it's cool): Yeah, that happens. Luckily that's never happened to me though...

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ (ha aha @ knight, at night, we're talking about sleepovers {wow that was lame})
me niether, and I've actually never drawn on someone's face before. Drawing glasses & a mustache may have been REALLY rude a long time ago (and kinda funny), but I mostly think it's immature

message 36: by No One (new)

Someone always stop me when I'm about to do it ...

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ at least you have the guts to go through with it, i have, like, 3 and 2/2 friends (2 frienemies=1/2 friend) so if I draw on someones face...bye bye TODOS friends y frienemies

message 38: by No One (new)

Eh, no problem. I didn't like the guy.

message 39: by CJ (new)

CJ ha ha ha

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I'm always the first one out:( Well usually, although there is that awesome moment when someone falls asleep and you're awake for it

message 41: by No One (new)

Then you're a nice victim.

message 42: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Idky 'Womanizer' popped into my head

message 43: by No One (new)

Haha! Hey, the girls come to me, not the other way around *winks*

message 44: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Haaa, they come to you (read it again and imagine one word emphasized)

message 45: by No One (new)

Bahahah!

message 46: by No One (new)

I have seen Prometheus and what to say? Effects, yes, they are great, but the movie? It wasn't what I expected. There were some things introduced they just left hanging, and the ending seemed rushed. But I really liked the ending scene. For all those Ridley Scott fans it was a/an(?) "aha" moment.