Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > "What was that sound?" (Horror)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by No One (last edited Mar 01, 2012 10:45AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
My personal favorite. I usually divide horror movies into two important groups: splatter horror and paranormal horror. We're talking all from Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th to The Grudge, The Ring, Amityville Horror, and so on.

So grab your defense weapon and discuss all sorts of horror movies.

message 2: by No One (new)

I'm really looking forward to 7500! I just hope it won't be a disappointment like most new horror movies are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6a2bz...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Unfortunately, I haven't seen many horror movies. there's A LOT of things I need to do in my young life, like watch horror movies, go to a haunted house, cool stuff like that.

message 4: by No One (new)

You should watch horror movies and be afraid. It's a good thing.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, yes it is.

message 6: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Oh I'm sure people can, but I'm not your girl:/ lol they're not my..I just don't watch them enough

It's so freaky bc I keep hearing things in my house! And today a door in the other room shut randomly. I'm just like wth

message 7: by CJ (new)

CJ oh my gosh, I used to randomly hear my name being called when I would lie in bed, but everyone would be in the living room watching something and not asking where I was

message 8: by Nate (new)

Nate I want to see chernobyl diaries when it comes out.

message 9: by CJ (new)

CJ have fun with that, I don't do horror...so Dark Shadows would probably be fine

message 10: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Nate wrote: "I want to see chernobyl diaries when it comes out."

I think of the history when I hear that name, But is it supposed to be really scary? It didn't look bad (though it has been a while since I've seen the commercial)

message 11: by Nate (new)

Nate I'm not expecting it to be all that scary though I think it will be a good comedy. It should be even more entertaining with a group of easily scared girls.

message 12: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Smh that poor girl (Becky I think is her name, she came to mind)

When is that supposed to come out?

message 13: by Nate (new)

Nate I will def have to make sure they invite her.

I think end of this month, or sometime next month.

message 14: by No One (new)

Chloe wrote: "I LOVE horror films, my favorites are House of wax (the remake)n and all the original Holloweens. But as much as I love horror films I havent saw one that has been able to scare me in a long time :..."

Hmm ... House of Wax as a favorite and the Halloween movies. Judging from those hints it seems you're more up to a crazy person killing people than the supernatural stuff. Am I right? How about Friday 13th and one of the Amityville Horror movies? I like Amityville 2: The Possession from 1982. The camera movements are great. On that time they liked to experiment a lot, nowadays everyone just follow the rules ... Other than that I guess you can watch the new version Amityville Horror from 2005.

message 15: by No One (new)

I've heard Cabin In The Woods is great. Anyone that can confirm that?

message 16: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I can't:( But I'll ask around

We had a Horror Film category in our class jeopardy today:D But of course I didn't know anything, but someone else did. They were fairly easy

message 17: by No One (new)

Well, now I've seen it, and I didn't think it was that great. The concept reminds me of some manga I've read and it wasn't even scary. I want a scary movie that is actually scary.