Awakened (House of Night, #8) Awakened discussion

WHYY??? (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Allison WHYY did Jack have to die!!? I loved his character and now he's gone! i just read that part and i gotta say, its just not fair! Poor Damien, and poor Zoey. Their friends/more then friends keep dieing. First Stevie Rae, good thing she came back, then Heath, who i personally didnt really like cuz he was holding Zoey back, and now Jack! Why did they have to make Jack, of all people did???

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam I cried when he died D:
It was so tragic! I can't even listen to my Wicked cd anymore without getting all teary eyes just thinking about him.

message 3: by Allison (last edited Mar 20, 2012 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Allison Samantha wrote: "I cried when he died D:
It was so tragic! I can't even listen to my Wicked cd anymore without getting all teary eyes just thinking about him."

i cried when stevie rae died too! all my favorites die at some time or another :(

Alec John I cry every time a character dies. I amlmost stopped reading the books when Jack and Stevie Rae died

Lena I hated it when Jack died! I'm sorry, but was that even necessary? I miss him already!

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter They're are going through a war, of course people are going to die. Yes it was sad, but it happens.
As Ytzalia said it shows just how evil Neferet or whatever her name is ( i haven't read the book for ages so bare with me). She's a villain, that's what villains do.
I would have rathered someone else die like Zoey to be honest though.

Rita I cried when they both died. I love this series.

I am going to be so disappointed if Zoey leaves Stark for this Heath replacement.

Darci-lynn Alec (GayBoy) wrote: "I cry every time a character dies. I amlmost stopped reading the books when Jack and Stevie Rae died"

I almost stopped reading too when they died.

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I'd like Zoey to stick to one guy for a while. Stark is great and I like Heath, too. But the love triangle angle is getting WAY too old!

Ashley Smith I cried like a baby when Jack died. I remember siting on the couch and crying. My husband just looked at me and said "It's just a book it's not like you really knew them." I wanted to get up and punch him for that because I fell like I did know him. I understand that it had to happen to show how bad Neferet was and all, but why sweet Jack of all people. I kind of hoped it would have been one of the twins (but that's because I don't care for them.) And like some of the other post I hope Zoey doesn't leave Stark to go with what ever that Heath replacement is.

Victoria M. I WANT JACK BACK!!!!!!

message 12: by Trish (new)

Trish Victoria wrote: "I WANT JACK BACK!!!!!!"

ME TOO! He was sweet and bubbly and everything nice! And I dont want Heath back. He DIED! Zoe is finally happy with Stark, I wouldn't want Heath to ruin that. :/

message 13: by Trish (new)

Trish Ashley wrote: "I cried like a baby when Jack died. I remember siting on the couch and crying. My husband just looked at me and said "It's just a book it's not like you really knew them." I wanted to get up and pu..."

Yeah! Heath sucks! He should have stayed in Nyx's realm.

message 14: by Abby (new) - added it

Abby walker Rita wrote: "I cried when they both died. I love this series.

I am going to be so disappointed if Zoey leaves Stark for this Heath replacement."

ya i know right but...if she leaves Stark ,I'll take him lol :) but ya i cry when anyone dies....anyone besides Kolona and Neferet that is lol .....:)

Tammy Allison wrote: "WHYY did Jack have to die!!? I loved his character and now he's gone! i just read that part and i gotta say, its just not fair! Poor Damien, and poor Zoey. Their friends/more then friends keep diei..."

I agree, I don't think Jack should have died, but I think it is definitely necessary for the progression of the story. Sad though it may be, it had to be someone pure and good, and he was the only one who really fit that description. I don't know why I hadn't really seen it before hand, but then again, I wasn't really thinking into it. It's sad he dies, but I think if the series continues on far enough Jack and Damien will be together again. :)

Tammy Like many of the other posters on here, I think I'd be very disappointed if Zoey goes back to Heath. I understand where she's coming from and why she would go back to him, but she loves Stark, and really, it gets a little old when she keeps going back and forth. She loves Heath because he reminds her of her life before becoming a fledgling, and because he is the only thing that tied her to her family, but Stark is what is, what can be and what should be. Heath was a good guy for the most part, just had a few problems, and like another person said, he was holding her back at times. Though he may have been the only one who could truly help her in times of need (when she's injured) bringing him back (though it was predictable) shouldn't have happened the way it has.

Breanna Stevie Rae came back and so did Heath...so the same could happen with Jack

Alec John Thats what I think but she can't do that for everyone cuz it would lose its shock. Sometimes people just have to die.

message 19: by Trish (new)

Trish Alec wrote: "Thats what I think but she can't do that for everyone cuz it would lose its shock. Sometimes people just have to die."

I dont believe he can. Besides, neferet was the one doing the resurrecting. And i think she would never, in a million years do it for jack.