South Shore Readers discussion

Are you a South Shore native?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 870 comments Mod
How long have you lived in the South Shore area? Did you grow up here?

I grew up in central MA and went to college in Boston where I lived for several years after graduating. A few years ago we moved to the South Shore and we just bought our first home here last year.

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Sharon First 10 yrs of my life my parents and I lived in Boston and then we moved to the South Shore. I knew nothing outside Boston...except for Brockton where my aunt used to live. I always thought this place was soooo far away...till I got older and realized, it's less then 30 min drive. So, last 27 yrs have been spent in the South Shore and I will probably grow old here as well.

Jessica, congrats on your first home!

message 3: by Lalita (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Lalita | 19 comments I grew up somewhat in the West Quincy area and then moved here when I was around 13 yrs. old. I've been here ever since and I really like it too.

message 4: by Joanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Joanie | 423 comments Mod
I grew up in Braintree and then we bought a house in Weymouth. I can't imagine living anywhere else!

message 5: by Julianne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Julianne | 7 comments I was born in Pennsylvania and moved to Scituate when I was 4 yrs. old. I've traveled near and far, but we chose to settle where our roots are. We bought a house in Hanover and we love our little community!

message 6: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Clare | 21 comments I am a South Shore girl through and through. I lived in Wollaston (part of Quincy)until we moved to Scituate when I was eight. I went to three different high school - Scituate, Braintree, and Marshfield High from which I graduated in 1964 (yup, I'm that old). In adulthood I have lived in Hanson, Hanover, Halifax, Plymouth, and now Rockland. Plymouth is my favorite town; I loved living near the ocean. I spent about 20 years there. Rockland has been a big adjustment (no beaches, no supermarket even) but I was offered the chance to buy a condo at a great price and couldn't pass up the opportunity. My kids have homes in Hanover and Norwell so I am glad to be nearby.
What's your favorite spot on the South Shore? Mine would probably have to be Long Beach in Plymouth which is only accessible with a 4-wheel drive and a Plymouth address now I think. Clare

message 7: by Dina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Dina | 21 comments I'm born and raised in South Weymouth, but have been living in Abington for the last 6 years with my husband. Lived in NH at school and miss it a lot. I just came back from VT again and really hope to move there or buy a second home. I love rural and homey! It's really neat to go to the general store for lunch!

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I was born in West Roxbury, moved to Needham when I was two, lived there until I was 31, and now I'm living in Plymouth! I love the South Shore and I'm so happy that I live close to the water.

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (Nancy_M) | 39 comments I was born in Boston but raised in Dedham.

After college, I lived in Cambridge and Brookline before deciding to buy my condo in Marina Bay. After 12 years here, I'm getting restless and am thinking about moving to the South End of Boston.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I love the South End Nancy! I think at some time I would love to live in the city, just for a year.

message 11: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (JenniT) | 13 comments I was born in Weymouth, lived in Cohasset, Norwood and then lived in Foxborough for middle & high school. As an adult I lived in Boston and Quincy. I bought a condo in Pembroke and then moved to Weymouth with my husband seven years ago. We are in our second house in Weymouth. I have been trying to find a house in Hanover, hubby wants to stay where we are near the water. We work in Quincy so we will definitely stay on the South Shore, until we retire to Florida!

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise (RIBeachgirl) | 118 comments Well, I'm the odd one out then. I just moved to Quincy 7 months ago. Before that, in reverse chronological order, I lived in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Rhode Island. So far, I'm enjoying the South Shore, but I haven't explored much futher than Quincy and Braintree.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I may be even more odd, Denise, since I don't live on the South Shore! I'm originally from Kansas City and moved to Boston 5 years ago. I first lived in the South End (Nancy, go for it!), and now I live in South Boston. My husband and I love to get out of town and explore. I haven't come across a part of New England that I haven't liked yet!

message 14: by Karis (new)

Karis North Also not a native -- grew up in Baltimore, lived in DC, then moved to Hull in 1999. Love it here!

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 870 comments Mod
I lived in the South End before I got married (shortly before I first met you, Nancy!) and I loved it. I loved being able to walk to all the great restaurants and shopping.