Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Curtis Reincarnation
This topic is about The Curtis Reincarnation
Archive (Buddy Reads) > March m/m buddy read: The Curtis Reincarnation

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments Hi everyone! I'm pretty sure Jane is away right now so I thought I would make the thread for our March m/m read.

I just bought The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest at Smashwords.com for 5.95. Looking forward to reading it this month and chatting with all of you about it :)

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments 'Yay Fran! Thanks for posting this :)

I'm a definite, of course. Will hop in and buy it on Smashwords tomorrow...

Probably won't start it for at least another week, but I'm really looking forward to this one.

message 3: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Gökırmak (tugcenidasevin) i think i will be joining too. hey Fran and Jane!!!

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments Hi E!!

So glad you are joining us! This one looks good :)

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (josmut-dickted) | 332 comments I have not read this either and would like to join. It might be a week for me as well before I start. Is it available on amazon?

message 6: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments Hi Joellen!

It's only available on smash words or the author's website. Happy you are joining us!

Bitchie (matron) I'll be glad when you guys start discussing this, it's a favorite of mine, and Curtis' condition really hit home for me.

message 8: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments this was a book that I was only going to read like a couple of chapters before I went to bed....4 hours later I had read the entire thing...lol!

Bitchie (matron) Don't you just love books like that! I think I probably did the same thing.

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments yep ;) I could probably do it with the Angel Martinez one I started today, but I made myself put it down

Bitchie (matron) Oh you decided to read that one for Bingo? Me too, glad to hear it's going good!

message 12: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Mar 07, 2012 03:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Glad you are joining us E and Joellen!

I'm thinking I'll start this one next week sometime...

I still have to get through a couple of other books first. (Gotta finish Hell's Pawn before the next Bingo category!)

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I started this last night, and so far I think it's great! Very cute :)

Bitchie (matron) I was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading this!

message 15: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments I started it but I am addicted to Jet Mykles Heaven series right now. I'll have it done in a few days. But I am a tiny bit turned off by Curtis- he acts so young! Like 12. I've only read the beginning, I'm sure it will get better :)

Bitchie (matron) It does, and I LOVE Heaven Sent! Which one are you on?

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments you find out why he acts the way he does...

message 18: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments I'm up to Faith, Darien's book. I love these guys! I think Hell is my favorite so far- the book and the character. I actually love all the guys except Luc, I like him, just not in love with him.

message 19: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments Dee wrote: "you find out why he acts the way he does..."

So far his manager is ridiculously abusive. There is no one to watch out for this kid? Not one person to stand up for him? I'm only 10% in so there's a long way to go. I hope he kicks that guy's butt :)

message 20: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments it'll all work out in the end - trust me...lol! but yeah, the kid is kinda getting screwed

Bitchie (matron) Hell was my favorite too!

But back on topic- yes, you do find out why he acts the way he does, and it's heartbreaking.

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I loved this book! I've just finished it. Yes, the story line is out there, but I just loved the snark b/w Jordan and Bec and then Bec and Alec. It's just a great fun read with a very satisfactory outcome for all concerned :)

message 23: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments any ideas what we are going to do for the April m/m buddy read?

message 24: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments I think you mentioned Frat Boy and Toppy Dee.

I have a bunch of m/m sitting on my kindle just waiting to be read if anyone has any interest in any of these-

Forever in One Second
Anything for You
Clear Water
Break and Enter
Dreaming of You
St. Nacho's
In Bed With The Boss
Hot Head
Stirring Up Trouble
Truth in the Dark

message 25: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I need to read Clear Water plus about 100 more!! Shell and I are going to also buddy read Between Sinners and Saints but I think most of you may have already read this one :)

Basically I'm up for any of them - but I have just finished St Nachos and I've read Hot Head (HOT - I read this with DG so it must have been one of our early RRRC M/Ms) and Truth in the Dark...

message 26: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i haven't read between saints and sinners yet

Forever in one second sounds good - I read Finn's other book a couple of months ago and liked it

Bitchie (matron) Dee, you haven't read Between Sinners and Saints? I LOVED that one!

Fran- Clear Water- read it now! Excellent. So is Truth in the Dark, excellent, in a totally different way.

message 28: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments I agree with Bitchie, I LOVED Between Sinners and Saints!

Jane, since you are reading that one anyway and Dee hasn't read it, do you want to make that one the April pick? I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do.

Bitchie, I will definitely get to those two soon :)

I only listed the stand-alones and first in series m/m that I have on my kindle. I have lots more that are second, third in series to read. So many good m/m titles, so little time!

message 29: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments don't plan your pick around me guys...my reading for the next few months is kind of mapped out for challenges, and right now I don't have BS&S on the list...but i'll try if i can

message 30: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Let's leave BS&S for May or June - if Dee can fit it in her map during that period ;) Otherwise Shell and I can just buddy read it sometime...

Forever in One Second sounds good to me too. I'm also keen to read another Ethan Day (I've only read SnoHo)...

Some stand alones that I plan to read:
American Love Songs
Conquest
Fatal Shadows
Clear Water
Lies and Consequences
One Real Thing
Shades of Gray
Cheating Chance
The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters

Have Dee and Bitchie read ALL of these??! ;) (Unfortunately I suspect so!)

message 31: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments let see, i've read conquest (awesome), clear water and that's it from the list...re: ethan day, looks like one of his books is going to be group read in m/m next month

message 32: by Bitchie (last edited Mar 23, 2012 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bitchie (matron) I have read.....um...yeah, I think I have read all of those!

Both the Amy Lane books were excellent, not nearly her usual level of angst. Clear Water has the most adorable guy with ADD, who falls for an older guy who actually helps him learn to manage his ADD. I also loved American Love Songs, Conquest,(sucker for rockers) Lies and Consequences, and Cheating Chance. And was Fatal Shadows the first Adrien English? Excellent series, but one of the guys is engaged to a woman, so cheating is had.

I'd say Cheating Chance is the SEXIEST, Fatal Shadows and One Real Thing are the most thinkingest, (I know that's not a word), and the two Amy Lane books are the most cheerful happy.

message 33: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Bitchie wrote: "I have read.....um...yeah, I think I have read all of those!

Both the Amy Lane books were excellent, not nearly her usual level of angst. Clear Water has the most adorable guy with ADD, who falls ..."

LOL - love the summary Bitchie!

Dang - Bitchie - do you have any suggestions?

Otherwise I'm going to suggest Clear Water 'cos Dee doesn't want us to pick around her as her reading list is pretty much set... and I don't think Shell has read it. Nor has Joellen and I don't think it is in any other 'regulars' bookshelves...

message 34: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments Clear Water good for me Jane if you want to read that one :)

Bitchie (matron) Clear Water is HIGHLY recommended, I loved it. It had a bit of angst, nothing over the top (not near Keeping Promise Rock levels of angst), but it was really more of a happy, feel good kind of read. It just made me smile, over and over.

I'll browse my shelves and see what else I've read lately that I loved and get back to you.

message 36: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments CW was def. a good read and i'll chat about it with you guys

Bitchie (matron) Dee, Gravitational Attraction was really good, do you think they'd enjoy it here? A bit sci-fi but nothing real complicated and hard to understand.

I also really loved Shattered Glass, but the plot was a bit of the way out there variety, with hustlers and cops, and gay for you, and repressed memories, and bipolar kids and murder and mobsters and crooked cops. But somehow, it still meshed really well and turned out fabulously fun, IMO.

message 38: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I liked GA too, it was sci-fi but not totally outlandish and its a pretty new release

Bitchie (matron) Yeah, I was trying to think of fairly new stuff that these guys might not have read yet. I have tons of awesome stuff on my shelf though. I don't even know how long you guys have been doing an m/m read, or what all you have read already.

message 40: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments only a few months

message 41: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Bitchie wrote: "Clear Water is HIGHLY recommended, I loved it. It had a bit of angst, nothing over the top (not near Keeping Promise Rock levels of angst), but it was really more of a happy, feel good kind of read..."

Thanks for all the feedback :) I've been thinking about GA, but not sure if Sci-fi suits the others...

Are there any books that you haven't read yet and would like to join us on, Bitchie? One we could all read together? (Of course, we've got to find one that Dee hasn't read either! ;)

Let's go with Clear Water for April and work on a book none of us have read for May or June :)

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments OK - I'm going to post April's M/M buddy read today - Clear Water unless someone else has another suggestion :)

message 43: by Shell (new)

Shell | 2 comments I am game for Betwen Sinners and Saints for May.

message 44: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Sounds a good plan... Fran can have a month off and just throw in random comments with Bitchie!

message 45: by Fran, Moderator (new) - added it

Fran | 11055 comments You guys will love it :)

message 46: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I'm definitely looking forward to reading it :)