Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Minichallenges > March '12 minichallenges

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Sorry for the delay! Goodreads decided to go down last night right when I wanted to put up the challenges, so instead here they are now!

Note #1: The challenges put up in February are still running - they will end along with the below challenges with this month's readathon.

Note #2: Note #1 means that the TBR challenge won't show up below, since you can still do more and more books the Fortune Cookie way even this month.

So, without further ado, the challenges for the month!

1. Dusting the shelves: Do you have some titles languishing in your home that you haven't read because you no longer like the title name, or you don't like the author's name, or maybe the cover looks ghastly to you now? Whatever excuses you are making, why not get that broom out (a gentle broom!) and start getting those books out. It's time you spring-cleaned!
Give yourself 5 points for each book finished.

2. Country Spotlight: Syria has been in the news lately, thanks to all the protests and the atrocities happening there. How much do you know of this country? Learn something new about Syria by reading a book set there. For suggestions, check this link and this one.
Give yourself 2 points for each book finished.

3. The Oscar for Best Books: This year's Oscar nominations had more than the usual amount of bookish presence. How many of them have you read? Check out the full list.
Give yourself 3 points for each book finished.

So there you go! No overlaps - except with February's Chunkster tremor!

message 2: by LynnB (new)

LynnB I love having some fresh mini-challenges! Thanks!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 394 comments Well, on the Oscar list thing--I've already READ some of the books/stories. I read Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, the Help, Puss in Boots and Jane Eyre. lol, so I was ahead on those already. :o)

message 5: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments I am not sure I understand #3 - the Oscar ones. If we have already read them, do we count them? Or do we have to read them this month? I have already read a few of these when they came out, and was wondering if they count.
Thanks.

message 6: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Nancy wrote: "I am not sure I understand #3 - the Oscar ones. If we have already read them, do we count them? Or do we have to read them this month? I have already read a few of these when they came out, and was..."

Ok, I am really sorry for having not replied earlier. Not sure why I didn't get a notification!

The challenge is only for books you read this month. Sorry that you cannot count the ones you have already read - I know, I have a few like that too! :-/

message 7: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments Athira wrote: "Nancy wrote: "I am not sure I understand #3 - the Oscar ones. If we have already read them, do we count them? Or do we have to read them this month? I have already read a few of these when they cam..."

Thanks, Athira. That is what I thought but I was just checking.

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 40 comments 3. The Oscar for Best Books:
3pts - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Read (finished March 25th)

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 274 comments Dusting the shelves:
Time Out of Joint 3/3/12
Magic Bites 3/9/12
Vanished 3/21/12

15 points total