Jane Austen discussion

Films made from Austen Continuations?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
Are there Austin retellings/variations/continuations (fan fiction) that you would like to see made into films?

message 2: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (saanichlori) | 48 comments I think the Carrie Bebris "Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mysteries" might be fun to see as films. So far there are 6 books, one for each of JA's novels, and each features characters from those novels.

message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments i would love to see "An Arranged Marriage" as i imagined mr.darcy as colin firth through the whole book!! but of course i dont think he could do it, but i waould loveto see it as a film! :D

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments any of the life after marriage for Lizzie/Darcy and also maybe the Darcy's diary/ Knightly's diary etc nice to see their side of the story. :)

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Lorraine wrote: "I think the Carrie Bebris "Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mysteries" might be fun to see as films. So far there are 6 books, one for each of JA's novels, and each features characters from those novels."

I totally agree - they are excellent books. I heard the author speak last fall and she was wonderful. As a thank you to all the audience for being there, she gave everyone an autographed paperback copy of one of her books! Very nice woman!

message 6: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Very nice, Megan, and you were in a rather large audience I bet. I should read some more of the Bebris books. I can visualize these as movies too, Lorraine.

I havent yet read Arranged Marriage, but I would like to see something like that on film -- something that is a retelling, but not straying too far off the main story.

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Gulley I would prefer to see Stephanie Barron's books done as a series.
OTOH, for a huge laugh, I'd like to see Anne's sister Elizabeth's story from the books Mercy's Embrace by Laura Hile. And Lydia Bennet's story by Jane Odiwe.
Patg
www.patgulley.com

message 8: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Those sound like good suggestions, Pat. I wonder if there is any move toward any of the mysteries of Bebris or Barron in the film industry?

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Gulley I don't know, Sarah, haven't heard a thing, but I'd support a lot of the sequel novels. Not the paranormal or the rewrites, but those that would expand upon the characters dearest Jane created.
Patg

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill (bill_bee) | 81 comments I vote for Stephanie Barron's Jane Austen mysteries as the Jane Austen spin off I would most like to be filmed. - Bill