Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Book Club Nominations > April group read winners!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
Because I'll probably be busy by the end of the month, I'm going to get April's nominations started early.

If you haven't done this before, our rules can be found here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2... If you have questions, please ask.

Our theme for April is War and Conflict! You may nominate 2 Young Adult books, one that is themed, and one that is not. Please label your books as themed and non-themed. Nominations will run for about a week.

Don't forget to check the group's bookshelf for books we've already read. http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

Please include authors' names when nominating. Authors may not nominate their own books!

Thanks!

message 2: by Phoebe (last edited Mar 02, 2012 01:26AM) (new)

Phoebe (phoebecooper) Themed - War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
Non-themed - Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

War Horse might lean more towards children's fiction than young adult, but it's a great read all the same. Not to mention there is now a film and a theatre production based on the book!

message 3: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Perhaps people are not yet in the right frame of mind for nominating...

Themed: Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

Non-themed: Whirligig by Paul Fleischman

message 4: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I just can't decide what themed book to nominate- I am thinking about it :)

message 5: by Desiree (last edited Mar 08, 2012 08:31AM) (new)

message 6: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Themed- How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Nonthemed- Printz Winner Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley

message 7: by David (new)

David | 1 comments Themed - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Non-themed - 13 Gifts by Wendy Mass

message 10: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Brandi, we've read Impossible. Do you want to nominate something else?

message 11: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (librandian) | 206 comments Oops! I thought that we did...I should have stuck with my instincts.

How about...
Non-themed: North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Non-themed: Touch of Power
For themed I just second Ender's Game!

message 13: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Any more nominations? I'll aim to get polls up tomorrow.

message 14: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Polls are up! Vote!! Polls will be open for 1 week!

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/17...

message 15: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Our winners have been chosen!

Our themed read will be Ender's Game.

Our regular read will be If I Stay.

Enjoy!

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 82 comments loved enders game but have discussed it in so many groups. I won't do a re read but I will dicuss

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (mrslaurenberry) Hi

This is the first time I'm joining in. I adore If I Stay so very excited to re read. Enders game doesn't sound like I'll enjoy it, but I'm going to
give it a go :-)

message 18: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 82 comments Lauren, I have heard many people say they didn't think Ender's Game was their cuppa. Later they were glad they read it. Give it a try. Its well written and different then you probably expect

message 19: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Renee wrote: "Lauren, I have heard many people say they didn't think Ender's Game was their cuppa. Later they were glad they read it. Give it a try. Its well written and different then you probably expect"

My teenage son asked me to read Ender's Game because he really liked it, but I didn't want to. I read it anyway (because how can you say no when your kid is sharing books with you???) and I was pleasantly surprised! It was interesting and kept me reading the whole time.

message 20: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments I quite liked Ender's Game! I thought it was pretty cool! I'm jealous that some kids get to read it in high school, when most of what I read was total crap!