ROBUST discussion

Author to Author > Amazon distinguishes between giveaways and sales

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andre Jute (last edited Mar 01, 2012 05:16AM) (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Check your KDP Report. I can't see it yet but apparently Amazon is adding Free Promo and Free Price Match columns. That should enable us to to tell the difference between sales for money and downloads for promos.

I've never thought of giveaways as "sales" anyway.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments That's going to save me a lot of checking. I've been writing down figures before and after free promotions, so that I can add up real sales long before the month's report comes out.

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I can't see it yet - but I'm glad this is happening. It gets SO confusing.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments I'm glad, too. I wrote to KDP support asking them to do that and they said they'd pass it on to the team that handles the reports. I'm guessing lots of authors requested they do that and/or authors thought they were making sales that weren't sales & they were accusing Amazon of withholding their royalties.

I'm having problems with the new report format. It runs off the right side of my screen now and I have to adjust the view size to see everything without arrowing sideways.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments It would be nice if they had a spreadsheet conversion. Click a button, get the report in a spreadsheet.

Oh well, maybe next time.