White Cat (Curse Workers, #1)
This topic is about White Cat
Series > White Cat

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Love the idea that what we would see as "gifted" people become the mafia. Makes so much sense- I don't know why I haven't seen it before!

Elizabeth Just stared reading this book yesterday

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I've only read this one and part of the second installment. I'm excited to get back into this series. :D

Amber Marie (ambermarie_39) | 1 comments I read this book a while ago, but I absolutely loved it! One of my all time favorite books :) I'd definitely be able to re-read it too. I feel in love with Cassel as soon as I started the book <3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

oooohh i really want to read this!!!!!! it sounds so good! ive read cassandra clares books and holly black and her are like close mates so i wonder if their writing is similar

Elizabeth I loved this book just finished it it's a new way of looking at gifted people and it leaves the mystery to be solved later in the book so you keep reading to figure out what is going on
Loved it

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments This is on my to-read list and I shall get my hands on a copy before march 30-hopefully!! I need to read this I've read Holly Black's Tithe and shall read valiant and ironside soon, I've also read the spiderwick chronicles so I think I'll enjoy this a lot! I've read the blurb and it seems like a really original idea and plot!! Looking forward to this read!!

Rachel (rmenard) | 7 comments I thought it started out really slow and the break-up of the text was jarring and seemed to have more "tell" than "show." But by the end, I really liked it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Katrina (katrinarose) I agree with Rachel, it started out slow but by the end I was really enjoying it. I totally didn't see the con coming and I loved the way it played out. Black also did an amazing job of writing from a male POV! What did you think of the worker politics in it?

message 11: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished the entire series (it only took a week) and I LOVED it. It is now one of my favorite series and I can't believe I didn't read it sooner. If you haven't read it you don't know what you're missing!

message 12: by Annabel ♥ (new) - added it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I really want to read this series!!!

Vyki (On The Shelf) (vykic37) | 1 comments I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I was going to. I don't usually read crime family type stuff, but it sounded interesting, so I decided to pick it up and I am glad I did :)

message 14: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't think I know anyone who didn't like this book! I mean what's not to like about it?

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments *raises hand* It gets over too quick!!! :(

message 16: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 02, 2012 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

True it is a very short series. I wish there were more books about Cassel.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Maybe we should sign a petition!!!

message 18: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

lol yeah. The We Want More Cassel Petition!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments That's actually not a bad idea, even though I said it in jest... *strokes chin thoughtfully*

message 20: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 03, 2012 04:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha I wonder what it could be about...

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Maybe Cassel reloaded or something.

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 03, 2012 10:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah or it could be about (view spoiler) I need to reread the last book. I read it way too fast...

message 23: by Annabel ♥ (new) - added it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I was at a bookstore recently and was looking around, and I've been wanting to read this series for a really long time, so I was excited when I found the series but then I realized the only one they had was the 2nd one! Was so mad!

message 24: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
It's been on my to-read list for awhile do I picks it up for my plane rides Monday/Thusday/Wenesday. I really wish I hadn't put it off for so long cause now I don't have access to book 2 till I get back ;( I like it way more than I thought I would... I wasn't really expecting much, just the average YA book ya' know? But it was totally original and awesome! I can't wait to read the rest!

Missy (missy_aurora) I'm going to get it from the library today been meaning to read it since it became BOTM. I"m always months behind on reading selections. Thanks to every one who suggests series i've started so many since joining!

Hannah (hannah1) LOVE LOVE LOVE this series amazing I couldn't put it down it was just to good! And yer Deffinetly want more Cassel :)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Jenny wrote: "Do not shoot me but this is what i thoguht,
to be honest, i really did not like this book. first of all i felt that Lila was just really annoying and i just didnt like how the curse worker world wa..."

Don't worry, I hate Lila too. She's annoying and childish.

message 28: by Martin (last edited Aug 13, 2012 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Martin I just finished the book and I was disappointed. I mean the series has an interesting concept but it felt like it was executed poorly. The first thing about this series that i did not like is the fact that the reader is thrown into the worker world with no knowledge of it whatsoever. No explanation or some sort of guide. You just have to pick things up as you go. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that it was pretty predictable. Now, obviously some things are hard to hide and the author shouldn't always be doing so. But Cassel (view spoiler) was obvious and once you realize that you can basically piece the whole book together. I wasn't a fan of the style of writing either. I mean I'm obviously going to cut Black some slack because I'm just not used to it and that opinion could change over time.

BUT I am going to continue and finish the series. There were some things that I did like too. I guess I just had too high of hopes for this one

message 29: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (ckd18) what age would you recommend this book for ??

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Cameron wrote: "what age would you recommend this book for ??"

13-15 year olds.

Hannah (hannah1) I was 21 when I read this book so I would recommend and even high age group as well

Hannah (hannah1) I was 21 when I read this book so I would recommend and even high age group as well

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Well I'm older than what I said too but it can be read by that age group up.:)

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Cameron wrote: "what age would you recommend this book for ??"
teens and young adults

Natasha (natashasnow) Maybe mature teens?
There IS mention of slicing open the skin on a penis and inserting pearls... so.... just sayin'.

message 36: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
Natasha wrote: "Maybe mature teens?
There IS mention of slicing open the skin on a penis and inserting pearls... so.... just sayin'."

When did that happen... I remember Cassel cutting some stones into his skin, but it wasn't there...

Rosal May Ruda (rmruda) | 23 comments Hmm, I'm really having second thoughts on reading this one, combine with all the book overload and my first novel on purely magic, it just keeps on slipping my reading list.

Can you guys lend me a hand and share what you thought about this?

message 38: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 81 comments I loved the book, the characters, the plot, the unique writing.I liked how the writing and the plot was different, this was an amazing world set up, with the workers and all, that just made my interest bigger. The main chracter Cassel, i loved him, i liked how snarky,cocky,sarcastic, manupaltive he was, he looked and pictured himself as the villain in his story, who in fact, he wasn't. I would recommend this book who are fans to fantasy novels, who like to think and understand this book.