Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
This topic is about Shiver
Series > Shiver

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
Thoughts?

message 2: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Mar 05, 2012 04:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I liked it a lot. I also liked "Linger". I haven't read Forever

Laura | 19 comments It was awesome!! So is Linger...I still need Forever though.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I haven't read Forever either, but I did love Shiver and Linger.

message 5: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Buck They are all really good books... but forever kind of left me hanging. :(

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin wrote: "They are all really good books... but forever kind of left me hanging. :("

I felt the same way. I thought that they could make another books for after that because I wanted to know more about Cole and Isabel

Erin (erincapobianco) | 1 comments I enjoyed these books. They were pretty good. I was captivated. I finished the first two books. I would like to read the third book, but I kind of lost interest. I will have to re-read the first two before I decided to read the thrid book. I heard that they were talking about making this series into a movie. I am not really sure if that is a great idea. But if they do, I will probably still watch the movie.

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) I liked Shiver, but that's it. I didn't love it. But I do plan on reading the other books.

Jessica | 8 comments i enjoyed this series as well but both erika and erin are right it did leave you hanging at the end of forever but an enjoyable series

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Schira I liked Shiver well enough that I'll eventually read Linger and Forever, but it's not a book I see myself reading over and over again.

Emily Blake (emilyblake) I loved it. Here's my review: http://emilyscrammedbookshelf.blogspo...

Kristabell (krisgichina) Lovveeedddd this book. 5 out of 5, thumbs up loved!

Jennifer (alltheraeje) I fell in love with this book. I couldn't say enough about Sam and Grace. They are two people I'd want to know in real life and have as friends. I had to buy the second book before I was finished so I would have no pause in the story.

message 14: by Kristina (new) - added it

Kristina | 121 comments After reading all the reviews here, I can't wait to read this book. I just picked it up from the library, just have a few others to read first.

Rachael (r4ch4elreads) I think this is a wonderful book, but the series sort of runs out of steam - although I do still like the rest too (I'll not say anymore so I don't ruin it for anyone that hasn't read them all yet). This one is by far the best in the series; love this one, like the rest.

message 16: by Lexi (new) - rated it 1 star

Lexi (readinglush) Once I realized it was about wolves, I really lost interest. Never finished this book, and don't really plan on trying to read this series again. Too bogged down with wolves and vampires =/

yummychocolate (lol235) | 2 comments I'm not a fan of wolves but once i got reading with this i couldn't stop, it is amazing!!

yummychocolate (lol235) | 2 comments I'm on the second book now linger it's incredible

Sherri Arnold | 14 comments I liked Shiver. I haven't read any more of the series. I thought it was a little strange that as a young girl she felt so close to the wolf and the feeling never went away. By suspending belief a little I was able to enjoy the book. I look forward to reading the rest.

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily Eastman | 12 comments I wanted to read this book but my friend told me it was kind of innapropriate. I read YA but I don't want anything too disturbing! I really don't want to start it and have to put it down. What do you guys think?

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) This book is my favorite. It's the most simple and full of love. Like how I like Twilight more than the others. There's more love, less drama and lust. :)

message 22: by Noor (last edited Mar 23, 2012 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I've read shiver and got nearly half way through Linger. Unfortunately LInger was due (got it from the library) and for some stupid reason I didnt renew the book. Once spring break is over I will get Linger and Forever! :)

I usually don't read YA books that only revolve around the love story- usually YA books with mystery, a little action, and love so this was new to me. But I liked it!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, guess I have to swim against the crowd here. I couldn't finish it. For me it was a snooze-/bore-/cheezefest.

Rachel (rmenard) | 7 comments I'm not a fan of switching narrators in first person, and often, I thought Sam sounded like a girl. I did like Shiver, but Linger, adding two more narrators, was too confusing. After that I decided not to read Forever.

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments i absolutely loved this series, on of the best.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

one of the best series ive read all though i havent read forever yet even thought i got it the day it came out .... i just dont want it to end just yet lol :)

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments i can't wait for the movie! i wonder who is playing Sam and Grace.

message 28: by Amie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amie | 25 comments so dissapointed with the ending of forever :( i mean it was very good and all, but i didnt want it to end that way :/ :)

message 29: by Amie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amie | 25 comments and uh..movie!?

Sarah Emily wrote: "I wanted to read this book but my friend told me it was kind of innapropriate. I read YA but I don't want anything too disturbing! I really don't want to start it and have to put it down. What do y..."

What did your friend mean by inappropriate?

If we're talking about the fact that there are werewolves, that's dealt with in a way that's a lot less magical than most paranormal books (teen or otherwise) that I've read.

If it's the relationship between the main characters, yes things do get pretty serious, but there's nothing very explicit. It's much more about feelings than exactly how far they go physically.

But I guess that all depends on what makes you uncomfortable as a reader.

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) I have just recently read the first two in the series and am reading Forever right now. I like them, best werewolf series I have read by far

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments It's being made into a movie!! Where did you hear that?

message 33: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Wait there's going to be a movie???

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Oh my gosh...there is????? (!!!!!!!)

Stephanie These are on my TBR list. I'm a big fan of shapeshifters.

message 36: by Noor (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments a movie??

message 37: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Apr 14, 2012 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Emily wrote: "I wanted to read this book but my friend told me it was kind of innapropriate. I read YA but I don't want anything too disturbing! I really don't want to start it and have to put it down. What do y..."

Hmmm...How old are you? I am 12 but read it when I was 11 and there was one part in the book that was "inappropriate" but I would say 12-13 and up for this book, because I read a lot of young adult/adult books even though I was 11 when i read it.

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments Anne wrote: "Emily wrote: "I wanted to read this book but my friend told me it was kind of innapropriate. I read YA but I don't want anything too disturbing! I really don't want to start it and have to put it d..."

i agree with u, it's not that inappropriate.

Bookgeek_zah It's a good read.

message 40: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) I can't wait to read this book.

message 41: by Rebekkah (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 50 comments Shiver is one of my favorite YA books. Linger was ok, however, I was seriously disappointed in Forever and didn't like how it ended.

kayla  (kaylacaylen) I have read Shiver and loved it but Linger isn't really as interesting.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

i read all of them

message 44: by Zac (new) - added it

Zac Alexander | 1 comments Read all of them. Great series. I love how I felt while reading them.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

i didn't love it

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) One of my three favorite books. ♥

Heather Reid (heatherlreid) | 58 comments Loved it! I devoured the first and second books in a week. Great series. I love Sam and Grace and how thier relationship grows.

Brittany S. (pagesplotsandpints) I was actually not that impressed with it :( Maybe I'm just not one for wolf stories? I really wanted to like it a lot more than I did

Taylor I loved these books! Okay let me rephrase, I love Sam and Grace in these books. Their relationship is absolutely beautiful and I apreciate seeing their growth throughout the novels. I also like how everything they are feeling isn't just spelled out for you. You can see how they feel about each other not by WHAT they're thinking about the other person but by the WAY they think about the other person.

I agree that the last book totally leave you hanging though.

Mimi ❤ (ohsnapitsmimi) | 77 comments Am I the only one who found this book not very enjoyable?

« previous 1 3