Stolen (Stolen, #1) Stolen question

Am i the only one who found Gemma frustrating and heartless??
Vinola Vinola Mar 01, 2012 03:24AM
I suppose i'm being one sided but i seriously have something against gemma. i hate gemma and love ty, to me ty s perfect even though i am completely aware that he drugged Gemma, kidnapped her, locked her in a bathroom, etc.

I am also completely aware that gemma has every right to hate ty, but ruining his painting, pretty much turning him in after he saved her life? that's really just too far.

I found it frustrating that at the end you find out she just moves on with her old life as if she never met Ty. I was really hoping she would end up running away with him in the end. She also NEVER listened, kinda klutzy and prone to getting hurt.

Jennifer (last edited Mar 14, 2012 11:54PM ) Mar 02, 2012 08:44PM   0 votes
I completely understood Gemma's feelings but I also did end up liking Ty. I mean you have to put yourself in her shoes, if someone drugged and kidnapped you, you would think they were going to rape or kill you. Ty was a unique kidnapper and only wanted to have company and love Gemma but it took her the whole book to realize that. He wasn't a monster but he did wrong and that couldn't be erased. While I hope he did get the psychiatric help he needed and not a long sentence I don't think it could have ended any other way. But at the very end I was sad and wishing that they could be together.

george ☽ (last edited Mar 03, 2012 02:44AM ) Mar 03, 2012 02:43AM   0 votes
Yeah, I agree with Jennifer. I mean, Gemma was perfectly right to hate Ty at the beginning, and then maybe, hate him less as the book progressed, but still, Ty did kidnap her, so even though Ty was likable, Gemma was at a perfect liberty to destroy Ty's painting and turn him in.

Kay (last edited Mar 07, 2012 05:01PM ) Mar 07, 2012 04:58PM   0 votes
I completely agree with Jennifer. But what I really hated was that just when she started opening up to Ty a bit she gets freakin bitten by a snake!):& the fact that it took her the whole book to realize Ty wasn't a monster and that he loves her. And yes, I really did wish that Ty&Gemma could'v been together. I wonder how old Ty is. The book never said.:O Last thing; Gemma didn't turn Ty in, he turned himself in because Gemma asked for him to be by her side at the hospital and eventually he was caught.

I really ended up liking Ty and was completely torn by the end of the book. For some twisted reason I wanted Gemma and him to be together. I mean I do watch all the law and order type of shows and so I've seen the whole victims fall in love with their captor, but he really loved her or at least thought he did. It was a fun, thrilling book and I really enjoyed it.

Lottie Eve If he never kidnapped her she wouldn't have had to wear boots... I think he should have helped her. It was the least he could do after holding captor ...more
Nov 18, 2012 06:39PM · flag

I really really hated thee end. she KNOWS she felt something for him but just let everyone else tell her what she feels. She bugged.

I hated the ending i think she was starting to love him and then she moves on. Yeah, she bugged me.

Vinola the ending of the book was actually really good, but i still hated it
Apr 26, 2012 02:31AM · flag