Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 March - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments What have you just read, currently reading, or about to read in March? And how are they?

Stop by and share.

message 2: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments I just finished Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75) by Nalini Singh . I was so looking forward to Galen's story and man, it was soooo good. The letters between Galen and Jessamy were so sigh-worthy. Even though it was like novella, it was fully developed. Just like Sara and Deacon's. I can't wait for the next Guild-Hunter novel. Also, just realized that we haven't seen much of Aodhan as well.

I'm planning to pick up Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs for a BR and maybe Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas next.

message 3: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I am about to start Hush by Kate White . When Lake Warren learns that her husband, Jack, is suing for full custody of their two kids four months after their separation, she's pretty certain that things can't get any worse. The upside is that she's working with the Advanced Fertility Center as a marketing consultant, alongside the attractive, flirtatious Dr. Keaton. But the morning after their one-night stand, Lake finds Keaton with his throat slashed and discovers that things can indeed become worse—they can become deadly.

This month I plan to read for sure Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc, # 7) by Cindy Gerard Critical Care Sierra Mercy by Candace Calvert The Dry Grass of August by Anna Jean Mayhew The Violets of March by Sarah Jio

message 4: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) I just finished This Duchess of Mine (Desperate Duchesses, #5) by Eloisa James which i really liked, and now i'm gonna read the last of this series A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses, #6) by Eloisa James

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Read The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #2) by Kat Martin and I really enjoyed it! I have to check out the rest in the series...started Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2) by Sarah MacLean and loving it so far!

message 6: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments It's only the 2nd but I've already started & finished No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks .

I'm also starting Awakened by a Kiss  by Lila DiPasqua & The Demon in Me (Living in Eden, #1) by Michelle Rowen .
I know I'm going to run out of steam eventually but hopefully it will be no time soon.

message 7: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Was the Maya Banks book good, LL?

message 8: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments I liked it well enough, Vi. I'm not a fan of RS but this series has managed to work for me for the most part. The only thing I really had a problem with in NPTR was how cheesy the Kelly family was.

message 9: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm almost finished Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75) by Nalini Singh which I bought yesterday.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Renegade (Elite Ops, #5) by Lora Leigh which was a good read. now on to Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh . it's been a while since i read Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh so i'm a bit lost. i'm hoping as i read i'll get a recap somewhere (first time i've wished this).

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann Lee (goodreadscomannlee) Personal Protector (Colby Agency, #5)

I just joined the group. I usually read nonficiton. However, I thought, I might broaden my horizon by reading Romance novels. So here goes

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 269 comments Just finished Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon and starting Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 13: by Roci (new)

Roci | 2 comments finished Lover Eternalsoon starting Kiss of Snow

message 14: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Reading Patricia A. Mckillip The Book of Atrix Wolfe by Patricia A. McKillip

message 15: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Oh, yeah. I remember that from the first book too. They were cheesy and it had sequel bait all over.

LethalLovely~I'm Superman & It's My Show wrote: "I liked it well enough, Vi. I'm not a fan of RS but this series has managed to work for me for the most part. The only thing I really had a problem with in NPTR was how cheesy the Kelly family was."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my... I have so many books I'm reading I cant even keep up... but I have been re-reading Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini
I LOVE this book and the whole series. Ive read it once already, but its just one of those books I cant put down. The whole romance of it all just moves me.

message 17: by Irina (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 504 comments Just finished I've Got Your Number A Novel by Sophie Kinsella and i'm starting with Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3) by Jaci Burton

message 18: by Misskim (new)

Misskim | 50 comments I am reading a number of books, as always, one of my good/bad habits. I have just joined this challenge and plan to read Madame Bovary, as I know nothing about it, but hope it contains a splendid romance.

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily Right now I'm reading The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen and debating whether or not I want to dive into A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

message 20: by Annie (new)

Annie (anamika84) | 1 comments Cuurently in the middle of Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts not sure what I'm going to read next. I have the shopaholic series on my kindle. Thinking of going through those / or some Nicholas Sparks (my guilty pleasure)

message 21: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Emily, do read A Game of Thrones. I loved that book! It's on my top favorites.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily Vi, I probably will, since I have the book. I just need to get over the daunting size of it. haha.

message 23: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished The Book of Atrix Wolfe by Patricia A. McKillip which i really liked, and now i'm gonna start with Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner

message 24: by -RininTa- (last edited Mar 06, 2012 04:16PM) (new)

-RininTa- (rinz) Just finished The Choice by Nicholas Sparks It's a good book and I really like it. :)
Now I'm starting with Sunshine Becomes You by Ilana Tan It's Indonesian romance book. so far this book got positive comments and good ratings from Indonesian goodreads authors and readers so I decided to read it now :)

message 25: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King this afternoon and it was brilliant! Now I've started reading Four to Score by Janet Evanovich.

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished Anna and the Duke (An Avon True Romance, #3) by Kathryn Smith , what a sweet story! Started Reckless (Highland Brides, #3) by Hannah Howell .

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2012 02:25AM) (new)

started Jill Mansell An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell .. so far .. it seems good

message 28: by Alxx (new)

Alxx I just started reading A Certain Slant of Light (Light, #1) by Laura Whitcomb not sure if i like it yet

message 29: by Angie (new)

Angie | 1 comments I am currently reading Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) by Robyn Carr and I really like this series. There are so many books and they all tie together so the reader continues to get more info on the past characters as well as new ones.

message 30: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner which i liked, and now i'm reading Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4) by Robin Kaye

message 31: by Boosmummy (new)

Boosmummy I've finished The Mile High Guy by Marisa Mackle and waiting for Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole to arrive

message 32: by Linda (new)

Linda | 403 comments Just finished. To Love a Thief by Julie Anne Long reading The Perils of Pleasure (Pennyroyal Green, #1) by Julie Anne Long .
Loving these books by this author

message 33: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 269 comments I am reading both Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward and as a back up Smokin' Six-Shooter by B.J. Daniels

message 34: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) First book that i've ever read by this author Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden

message 35: by Nelly (new)

Nelly (atqevale) | 26 comments I just finished reading pandemonium, it was awesome. i'm about to start reading "nightfall" the fifth book in the vampire diaries.

message 36: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Took a break from romance and read the entire Hunger Games trilogy! Amazing!!!!

message 37: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've just started The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.

message 38: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished and liked it Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden but now i'm completely hooked on the first pages of Seanan Mcguire "Rosemary and Rue" Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire .

message 39: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm in the middle of A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux and Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1) by Sue-Ellen Welfonder . Both are really good so far.

message 40: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm rereading Now You See Her by Linda Howard and reading The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri

message 41: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments I'm reading Shades of Grey (Shades of Grey, #1) by Jasper Fforde which is Jasper Fforde at his weirdest. The author is very inventive - quirky and weird but inventive. The other downside is I need to concentrate while reading otherwise I miss the details of the world.

The other book I'm reading is I, Robot by Isaac Asimov . I'm really really enjoying it. Though, these two books are the worst combo to read together.

message 42: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Souza (passionateaboutbooks) I am reading Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1) by Delilah S. Dawson "Wicked as they come" by Delilah S. Dawson. It is amazing! I am also reading Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher "Finding the lost" by Shannon K. Butcher. I love this series.

message 43: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Souza (passionateaboutbooks) Alxx wrote: "I just started reading A Certain Slant of Light (Light, #1) by Laura Whitcomb not sure if i like it yet"

I really liked this book but it is very different. You won't forget it once you finish.

message 44: by Ning (new)

Ning (dragonceres) | 33 comments Reading How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3) by Sabrina Jeffries and will be reading Candlewax by C. Bailey Sims . Waiting for The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) by Gena Showalter in the mail.

message 45: by Jay (new)

message 46: by Boosmummy (new)

Boosmummy just finished Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange now started Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Read Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and for my first time reading this author, not bad! Started He Said Yes (Gentleman's Club, Book #1) by Patricia Waddell , a bit slow but hopefully it'll get better!

message 48: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Just finished "Rosemary and rue" Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire and loved it. Another series to keep on reading :) and now i'm gonna start with "Silver Borne" Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs

message 49: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Susana, I love the October Daye series. It's one of my favorite UF series. The books just keep on getting better.

message 50: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) I believe you :) i loved October, the world -building was interesting, and cant wait to read more about Tybalt. Now i'm just gonna have to wait until i receive the others in the mail!

« previous 1