Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6) Bloodrose discussion

Is Bloodrose worth reading? *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter I read Nightshade and Wolfsbane. I really loved them.I couldn't wait for Bloodrose so i decided too look up spoilers, i know i shouldn't have, but the wait was killing me. Plus it's still not released where i live.
I'm %100 team Ren and i hate Shay, that sounds mean but honestly i wanted him to die.
So should i still read it? Or will it just leave me angry and depressed? Because i really do love Ren and i was shattered when i found of what happens.
Feel free to answer this and be honest :) I need opinions.

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 01, 2012 01:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer This is hard for me to answer because I love Shay. I love Ren too though. But I completely understand and respect your feelings because I am the same way with some books. Sometimes you just love one character and hate another. That is why I'm not reading Shine when it comes out because I hate Zach and want him to die even though others love him. lol So back to Bloodrose I think it as still an exciting book. I dunno I could give you more spoilers to help in your decision. I don't know what all you heard.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Thanks for understanding :)
Who is shine written by?
I know that he was killed by his father, i think i'll feel better reading it if Calla was actually upset over Ren's death. I know that sounds weird but yeah haha so how did it all actually happen and what happened afterwards?

Jennifer Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Shift (Shade, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready Shine (Shade, #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready

Oh yeah Calla is really upset. She cried and clutches by his side. It was sad.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Oh wow i almost cried reading that. I think i'll have to read it though, for Ren, but i'm going to be an emotional wreck.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Amanda wrote: "I read Nightshade and Wolfsbane. I really loved them.I couldn't wait for Bloodrose so i decided too look up spoilers, i know i shouldn't have, but the wait was killing me. Plus it's still not relea..."

You definitely have to read it based on the fact that you read the first two lol. And despite some things the book was still very good, and you learn a lot more, and are introduced to new and interesting characters.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Yeah i think i'm going to have too. I can't not finish the series. It'll probably just take me some time before i can gather the courage to read it.
Is there more Ethan and Connor in it?

Jennifer Amanda wrote: "Yeah i think i'm going to have too. I can't not finish the series. It'll probably just take me some time before i can gather the courage to read it.
Is there more Ethan and Connor in it?"

Yup lots of Ethan and Connor. It is good so I hope you enjoy the other parts of it. Read it when your in the right mood for it.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Oh good, i really like them :)
I don't know if i'll ever be in the mood to read about Ren dying but i'm sure i'll be fine, eventualy lol. Hopefully i'll be able to look past it and enjoy the rest. Is it true that Calla is really annoying in it? People keep saying that.

Ashley I had the book for awhlie before I read it, I did not read any of the spoilers but all the reviews were bad so I was nervous and for good reason too. But I can say that I do thing Calla was truly upset about Ren and Calla was a bit annoying but not as bad as Shay was in the other 2 books, I would just slap him if I could.

Victoria Parker YES!! Read on i loved Ren to and also Shay thr 3rd book will or might leave you dissapointed depends on who you like but i liked both of them and you might find you will change youre mind! I would say just read the book people have different opinion only you would know if you liked it or not!

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter *Ash3* wrote: "I had the book for awhlie before I read it, I did not read any of the spoilers but all the reviews were bad so I was nervous and for good reason too. But I can say that I do thing Calla was truly u..."

I think i'll do that too, just buy it and wait until i'm ready to read it. Haha it sounds pathetic but i really am annoyed that Ren had to die and i know i'm going to bawl my eyes out. He was my favourite character. And i try to like Shay, but he just pisses me off and everytime i see his name on the page i want to somehow jump into the book and kill him or something. That sounds means, but anyway. How annoying was he in it?

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Victoria wrote: "YES!! Read on i loved Ren to and also Shay thr 3rd book will or might leave you dissapointed depends on who you like but i liked both of them and you might find you will change youre mind! I would ..."

I've never liked Shay, I did like Calla but she gets on my nerves now and i just love Ren. I think love in an understatement actually.
I'll have to read it though, no matter how much it makes me cry haha.
I'm almost certain i'll be dissapointed but i'll get over it, eventually. Maybe.
I just wanted some opinions on what it'll be like reading it as i'm a massive Ren fan :)

Jennifer Amanda wrote: "*Ash3* wrote: "I had the book for awhlie before I read it, I did not read any of the spoilers but all the reviews were bad so I was nervous and for good reason too. But I can say that I do thing Ca..."

haha it's okay. I can't really answer that since I don't find him annoying. Well I found everyone a tiny bit annoying at some point. I thought he was pretty cool in this one. Shay is trying to become stronger since he is the key to ending this. He actually does kind of a nice thing by striking up a deal with Ren. He doesn't think he will make it so he tells Calla to be with Ren and that Ren truly loves her. But Calla says no she wants to be with Shay and he will make it. Like I said with Shade, Shift, and Shine I'm the same way tried to make myself like Zach but reading about his scenes with Aura make me want to barf. I get extremely emotionally invested in books. One my favorite series I just read the couple I waited 4 books to get together broke up in the 5th book so I threw it on top of my book case and don't plan to read anymore! LOL

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Oh wow, it seems like he's matured or something a bit then. Before he was really nasty about Ren, though i don't exactly blame him. I would be pissed off too. So does Calla actually love Ren? Or is that she loves him but just loves Shay more?
Haha so do i! I also get extremely annoyed when things don't work out or go how i wanted it. I wish i wasn't like that but i can't help it.
I just feel sorry for Ren, he doesn't get the girl and to top it off he dies.

Jennifer Amanda wrote: "Oh wow, it seems like he's matured or something a bit then. Before he was really nasty about Ren, though i don't exactly blame him. I would be pissed off too. So does Calla actually love Ren? Or is..."

Yeah can't blame him because Calla was leading them both on really. When she first brings Ren back he is a little pissed but since their night in the garden he assumes she has picked him. And well it's clear she has but she doesn't admit it. She says they have to have a truce and all work together to get through this. When it's over she will choose. So poor Ren says he won't give up. But she goes to Shay and sleeps with him again so its clear she has made her choice but just doesn't want to throw the alpha balance off until the end. I think she definitely cares about Ren and loves him but yeah just not as much as Shay. They do have one steamy scene in the locker room. But Shay and Ren finally buddy up when Calla is kidnapped and held by the other side. They both go crazy wanting to save her so the others tie them up together and that's when they bond and Shay admits that Ren really loves her and if something happens to him he wants Calla to be with him. I do feel very sorry for Ren. He was a great character and he just found his sister. I wanted him to be able to find someone else. I knew from the beginning Calla's heart was with Shay and I wanted them together because it felt like they really loved each other but I really didn't think Ren would die. I figured he would find someone else. Also the very ending is crazy! Don't know if you heard that spoiler. A big shocker.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Jennifer wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Oh wow, it seems like he's matured or something a bit then. Before he was really nasty about Ren, though i don't exactly blame him. I would be pissed off too. So does Calla actually ..."

Yeah i agree. I think Calla from what i've read is quite a strong heroine but when it comes to who she loves i was like oh god make up your mind girl! I have to stop reading books with love triangles. I always find myself liking the guy that the girl never chooses.
I'm actually quite relieved to hear that about Shay. I think i might actually be able to like him now :)
I guessed that too, that she would end up with Shay. It was quite obvious. I wish he didn't die. I thought it would have been more dramatic if she chose Shay and told Ren then have Shay killed, then she would end up with no one. I'm not saying that to be mean to Shay, but i thought it was have been a shock since we knew Ren would be screwed over.
Oh don't they end up being wolves permanetly? I wasn't expecting that.

Jennifer Amanda wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Oh wow, it seems like he's matured or something a bit then. Before he was really nasty about Ren, though i don't exactly blame him. I would be pissed off too. So doe..."

Yeah they have to end the unnatural magic so everything will go back to the way it is supposed to be. I thought that meant they would be human forever but no it means wolves forever. And Calla and Shay are devastated because Shay is a new wolf and they are not sure if that means he will end up human or wolf. But in the end he was enough wolf that he turned into a wolf and ran off to be with Calla.
I also usually want the other guy to get the girl. This is one of the few series where I was happy with how things turned out. I would have actually been pretty happy no matter who she ended up with.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Wow it would suck being stuck a wolf.
Imagine if Shay stayed human and Calla was stuck as a wolf. That could have been interesting.
So when Ren dies, he doesn't know that Calla has already chosen Shay does he?

message 20: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 23, 2012 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Amanda wrote: "Wow it would suck being stuck a wolf.
Imagine if Shay stayed human and Calla was stuck as a wolf. That could have been interesting.
So when Ren dies, he doesn't know that Calla has already chosen ..."

No he doesn't know. That part actually made me kind of happy that Calla did keep putting him off so at least he didn't die heartbroken. Ren was mad at Shay because of their deal but then he smelled like Calla and Shay said he tried but Calla wouldn't accept it. Ren said he was still not giving up. Calla thought in her mind well I've already made my choice but she wasn't going to tell him until after the fight so he never knew.

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Jennifer wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Wow it would suck being stuck a wolf.
So when Ren dies, he doesn't know that Calla has ..."

Yeah, atleast he didn't die heartbroken. Did Ren actually know that Calla loved him though?
*sighs* I really feel for Ren.
I still haven't read it yet because it hasn't come out where I live.

message 22: by Dede (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dede Verdon Hey guys! I'm a huge fan of Connor and Adne and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they end up dating? Could you tell me something from the story that states it? :) thanks!

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) yeah they do :) Connor admits that he likes Adne and they confess their feelings for one another and they start making out. Later, Adne almost dies after being attacked by a fire wolf and Connor practically breaks down.

message 24: by Dede (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dede Verdon Rachel wrote: "yeah they do :) Connor admits that he likes Adne and they confess their feelings for one another and they start making out. Later, Adne almost dies after being attacked by a fire wolf and Connor pr..."

Yay! Thanks! I'm so happy lol

Elizabeth I'm team Shay, so I don't know what to tell you. I was upset that Ren died, but I was happy with the ending.

Morgan The ending was really weird but I liked. Sad Ren had to die though