Good YA Series discussion

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
This topic is about Catching Fire
The Hunger Games > What do you think of Catching Fire?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Apr 01, 2012 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
What did you think of Catching Fire?
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins
I love this series. As fan of the the previous book the Hunger Games, I was all pepped up ready for anything with this book. I actually started reading it the minute after I finished reading the last page of The Hunger Games. While I was reading the first book, I realized how much of a spectacular series this was, and I went out and bought this book so it was buy my side when I finished reading the Hunger Games.

A lot of people have said this is their least favorite book within the series. I understand that. This book did feel less complete than the other two. It felt more like a transition book. However that is what I was excepting. After reading so many young adult series, you kind of figure out that the second book will almost always be the the worst book (not necessarily a bad book) out of the series. That is the rule: book #2 will not live up to book #1. But I still loved this book. It made me so emotional afterwards. For me, if a book can pull out these strong emotions from me by the end, then it was a well written book. At least to me.

I loved Peeta more by the end of this book. Although there was a new character that happen to distract me from my love of Peeta. I am talking about Finnick Odair. I did like a lot of the victors. I was surprised by how likable they were. You'd think being victors for so long would make them just as snobby as people from the capital, but they all had to survive the Hunger Games. I think that's what people everyone on the same level as each other.

People I hated: basically everyone from the capital especially Snow. I hated how they could just distance themselves away from the tributes' pain. Katniss had been through enough. The games totally altered Katniss's life. She can't even make a choice between Gale and Peeta because of the pressure from the games.

What are your thoughts?

To see this book's poll click here.

The one thing I didn't like about this book though was the cliffhanger. That was not an ending. Those kind of endings make me go crazy while I'm waiting for the next book. Luckily I already had Mockingjay on hand so I could start it immediately.

Sarah (sb3626) | 4 comments I really couldn't stand this book until about the last few chapters it was way to slow

message 4: by Courtney (last edited Apr 01, 2012 08:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney | 6 comments I think Catching Fire is my favorite in the series, and Mockingjay is my least favorite. I liked the clock arena in Catching Fire. Mockingjay was just too slow and there were too many unnecesary deaths in this book. I also hated the ending! It seemed rushed, and being a Gale fan, it was extremely dissapointing. After everything shocking in the past books, I was dissapointed that Suzanne went with the expected ending.

Courtney wrote: "I think Catching Fire is my favorite in the series, and Mockingjay is my least favorite. I liked the clock arena in Catching Fire. Mockingjay was just too slow and there were too many unnecesary de..."

I'm sorry Courtney, but can you adjust your comment so there are no spoilers for mockingjay. I specifically mean just the gale part really.