This topic is about Full Dark, No Stars
Short Stories & Collections > Fair Extension-FDNS

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2583 comments Mod
Discuss this story here!

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Gwen (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:04AM) (new)

Gwen I liked this one. It's certainly not a new plot device (see the movie "The Box" for example), but it was nice to see King's treatment.

Erica (bookpsycho) | 109 comments I thought it was a good story, though I pissed me off to no end.

Char Why did it piss you off, Erica?
I loved it. I only live about 5 minutes away from Chicopee. I always get excited when I see a location that I'm familiar with in a book.

Erica (bookpsycho) | 109 comments Charlene wrote: "Why did it piss you off, Erica?
I loved it. I only live about 5 minutes away from Chicopee. I always get excited when I see a location that I'm familiar with in a book."

(view spoiler)

Jessica | 24 comments I agree with Erica, (view spoiler)

Megan  (trixiekitten) | 25 comments On one side, I agree with Gwen, on the other, with Jessica. I also enjoyed King's description of Mr. Elvid :)

Gregory Rothbard (polycarp55) But aren't there times when we want the life our friend has, and want equal treatment from the universe?

Gatorman | 561 comments I liked this one a lot. Goes to show that some people don't need a whole lot of motivation to screw others over, even their supposed friends. I disagree with those that say it wasn't believable. Characters like Dave exist everywhere. And remember, (view spoiler)

message 10: by Jessica (last edited Mar 07, 2012 12:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica | 24 comments Gregory wrote: "But aren't there times when we want the life our friend has, and want equal treatment from the universe?"

Maybe so (but not me, I'm not that bitter), (view spoiler)

Jamie | 16 comments I was shocked by how little remorse Streeter showed for such black luck that fell onto others. It was as if he was even happy about it and I just couldn't stop thinking about what a terrible person he was. This story was very fitting for the collection. It kind of reminded me of the movie Drag Me to Hell.

Staci Johnson | 102 comments sorry but this story didn't fit with this collection - I also needed to see payment for his return to health other than $$

Jaime (jaimehobbes) | 104 comments I enjoyed this one. A different twist on a classic plot-line. I thought it fit well in the collection, most of the stories deal with guilt, revenge, evil. I thought it was actually very tame compared to the others.

message 14: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Mar 19, 2012 05:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I liked this story but it ended too abruptly for me. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Stefan (last edited Mar 20, 2012 05:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments This is my least favorite in the collection so far. I did like it, but I had some problems with it. (view spoiler)

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments Just a little addition to my last comment. I just wrote my review for Thinner which I re-read a couple of years ago and it brought to mind what I didn't like about this story compared to what I really liked about that one. In Thinner, another revenge story, everyone is fair game because King actually establishes that most of the characters are actually deserving of the revenge met out against them. The only truly innocent character in the story mistakenly falls into the shadow of the revenge plot and by doing so sets events into motion against the main character who we thought had gotten away with his sins.

Gatorman | 561 comments Stefan wrote: "This is my least favorite in the collection so far. I did like it, but I had some problems with it. [spoilers removed]"

But that's the whole point of the story. (view spoiler)

message 18: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

What I find interesting is (view spoiler)

message 19: by Ron (last edited Mar 20, 2012 06:38PM) (new) - added it

Ron | 9 comments I love the line, "Long days and pleasant nights." It's an in-joke for those who've read his others books. I also thought the twist at the end was very interesting--

(view spoiler)

Stephen King wrote this about his story--

(view spoiler)

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments @Gatorman I do realize that it's the whole point of the story, and I did like it just not as much as the other two. It just didn't sit right with me how much joy he took in the suffering of his rival's children.

message 21: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

(view spoiler)

Veronica (veraj121) | 300 comments I don't know. I don't think I can do what he did. My conscious would kick in full gear.

message 23: by Ron (new) - added it

Ron | 9 comments Angie, I'd decline the deal.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ron wrote: "Angie, I'd decline the deal.

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments I had no problem with the fact that he was in a place that making the decision was easy, (view spoiler)

message 26: by Kathryn (last edited Mar 26, 2012 11:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments Haha, I have to say, I really liked this story!

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Drew (new) - rated it 5 stars

Drew | 124 comments Great story and Elvid reminded me of Pennywise

message 28: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathryn wrote: "Haha, I have to say, I really liked this story!

(view spoiler)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments Angie wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Haha, I have to say, I really liked this story!

[spoilers removed]"

Haha, I know what you mean!

message 30: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. Singleton Some of you seem to expect the hero to always be noble.

You can be on top of the world one day...then everything goes to Hell, huh?

This is the scariest story in the collection...and that's if you ignore Satan.