Hana (Delirium, #1.5) Hana discussion

the last sentence?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sara ok so i really don't want to believe hana reported alex and lena, but thats basically what the let sentence told us. i loved hana in delirium and i just can't believe she would do that to lena...she did say she was jealous of her sometimes but jealous enough to do that to her best friend?
also, after lena was captured, she really seemed to want to help. was it because she regretted reporting them?

Sara When did Hana try to help Lena after she was captured? The way I read it Hana was jealous of Lena and reported her. I hope in Requiem Lena kicks Hana's A*s!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sara wrote: "When did Hana try to help Lena after she was captured? The way I read it Hana was jealous of Lena and reported her. I hope in Requiem Lena kicks Hana's A*s!"

That's what I got from it too. It seems as if Hanna was jealous and reported her. Except in Delirium Hanna seems sad for her and gives the note to the governor (OR DOES SHE??). I hope Hanna knows she basically killed Alex (except he's not dead) and may have ruined Lena/Alex's relationship, and screwed up Lena's life.

Sara I think Hana won't or doesn't care because she will be cured. Maybe she was hoping they would catch and cure Lena too? Well it's only going to take us until 2013 to find these answers out!

message 5: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer I haven't read this yet but I had a theory going on the WHOLE time during Delirium that Hanna was untrustworthy and that Lena shouldn't be telling her all those details! I also thought she told on them because how else would they have found Lena & Alex. I need to read this now.

Claudia the Night Owl i know aight i read the last sentence and was like wait what. I refuse to believe she told on them though i really liked hana.

Jennifer Okay I read it last night and I'm pretty sure she did tell on them. She kept seeing the fliers and said over and over "If you know something, tell someone" Then I'm sorry Lena. Yeah she totally told! She was all mad and jealous! I thought she was on the side of love until I read this we got to see that her love didn't go well and she wanted to tell Lena she was right but it was too late cause now Lena was on the other side.

Claudia the Night Owl i think hana may be more hurt with what happened with her and that one guy than she lets, i don't think she believes in love anymore and she wants to save Lena from the same thing that happened to her.

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 02, 2012 01:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Claudia wrote: "i think hana may be more hurt with what happened with her and that one guy than she lets, i don't think she believes in love anymore and she wants to save Lena from the same thing that happened to ..."

Yes! I think this too! I think when she was hurt she thought that is how the deliria is and that it only causes pain.

Renée Thank you! Finally someone who gets it!
Hana wasn't jealous, she wasn't being mean. In a way she wanted to help Lena. She thought what she did was good!

Gretchen Okay but didn't you think after the first book that Hana had turned them in? I mean that is what I have always assumed. She is in love with Alex too. There is and will be more to this. Hana will not be cured in book three she will be with Alex.

Jennifer Really no I never got the idea she was into Alex. I always just felt like she was jealous Alex was taking Lena away from her. I also felt like she thought love was bad after she was hurt and didn't want Lena to get hurt. But I also thought before even reading this and while reading Delirium that she was probably the one who turned them in. She was the only one that knew about that house they went to all the time.

Gretchen I think she is jealous of what Lena has. Her guy was a jerk and Alex is one of those "nice" guys. If we all as readers could easily fall for him because of his attitude how can we not expect Hana to as well? Plus there is the dynamic of them hanging out as a trio that always causes complications.
Hana is not worried about Lena their relationship is at best strained. Lena is doing the exact thing she always warned about and it is working out for her. Hana see's her life laid out for her in endless boring political events and first lady responsibilities. She is desperate for a way out.
She never loved the boy she was making out with and I really don't think she was hurt by him, you can't be hurt by what you have no emotion towards and she had no emotion towards him. I got no sense that she was hurt only that she was trying to figure out what true delirium is.

Kyndal After reading Delirium, I had my suspicions that Hana told someone about Alex and Lena. And in the book, how they were discovered was glossed over. Lena only wonders how long someone had been watching the house. This didn't make sense to me. If someone had seen Alex and Lena together, they most certainly would have reported them immediately. But I refused to believe Hana could do this to her best friend! Very sad.

Kyndal Courtney wrote: "Have you read Hana, Kyndal?"

Yes.

BelleScar Kyndal wrote: "After reading Delirium, I had my suspicions that Hana told someone about Alex and Lena. And in the book, how they were discovered was glossed over. Lena only wonders how long someone had been watch..."

I felt the exact same way, after reading Deliruim..Then when Hana came out, and at the end I wasn't the least bit shocked..

message 17: by Ophelia ॐ (new) - added it

Ophelia ॐ can someone tell me what the last sentence is? i havent read it yet, but i know that hana reports them

message 18: by Ophelia ॐ (new) - added it

Ophelia ॐ ahh. Thats open to a lot of interpretation, don't you think? but i think we all know it has something to do with betraying lena, but we don't want to believe it

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, The last three sentences are "A paper town, a paper world: a paper rustling in the wind, whispering to me, hissing out the message of poison and jealously. If you know something, do something. I'm sorry, Lena." The papers are referring to the flyers about the deliria and jealousy about her ex bf? It seems to me like Hanna turned her in.

Andrea Ok I did like Hanna in Delirium and would have never ever expected her to tell on them! EVER! But after reading Hanna I believe she did 100%...it's very clear. As nice as she seemed to be she was jealous because she WANTED the deliria badly she wanted to feel loved and love and Lena had that ....she knew she would never have it and so wanted Lena to be like her and never have it either...sorry but I hope in Requiem Lena kicks her butt for ruining a perfect love

Chlojo Stupid Hana ruined everything. Now there's a stupid love triangle because of it. Poor Alex he was held as a prisoner in the crypts; gets out; finds lena making out with another boy. THAT SUCKS!!!!

Chlojo Kyndal wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Have you read Hana, Kyndal?"

Yes."

You idiot of course Hana, the tattle tale, reported on Alex and Lena!!!! Didn't you read the last line!!!!

Chlojo Courtney wrote: "Chlojo wrote: "Kyndal wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Have you read Hana, Kyndal?"

Yes."

You idiot of course Hana, the tattle tale, reported on Alex and Lena!!!! Didn't you read the last line!!!!

Why would i listen to you

Whoa..."

Kyndal Chlojo wrote: "Kyndal wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Have you read Hana, Kyndal?"

Yes."

You idiot of course Hana, the tattle tale, reported on Alex and Lena!!!! Didn't you read the last line!!!!"

No need to use rude language.

message 25: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani Ablack Well, it could be a trap to get us to think Hana betrayed Lena... Maybe, in truth, she just slipped up or somebody found out about Lena and Alex and she was forced to reveal what she knew of their unregulated behavior.

Well! We won't know until 2013, will we!

Teresa To me...I think back to the conversation that the mayor's wife was having with Hana's mom while Hana was listening in. There was much talk about how the girls had been inseparable. Hana's mom defended Lena for just a little bit. If Lena got caught with Alex....Hana and her family could have been labeled as sympathizers, but especially Hana...which would in turn, jeopardize her matching with the mayor's son. He had already had a problem with his first match...so it's conceivable he would drop Hana too if she were to be associated with scandal. Maybe? Just wondering...

Erika Man. I loved Hana. (loved with a 'd'). As much as I don't want to think that she betrayed them, it's pretty obvious that she did. I mean, reading thru Hana's perspective. She felt a pang of jealousy & frustration. Jealousy because she wanted to be loved the way Lena is being loved by Alex. Frustration because seeing all those flyers smacking her in the face like that, who wouldn't get tempted. I feel for her tho. Just imagine if you were placed in a situation like that. I would probably go nuts. But yes, it is a wrong thing to do. Considering the fact that they've known each other since God knows how long. It's like, in a snap of a finger, all that can be diminished by a single flyer.

Katie I think there will most definetly be a confrontation between Lena and Hana. Because what authour wouldn't take advantage of the possible tension in a situation where Lena discovers Hana's betrayal.

Camille Fernando I think that when she did it, she believes that it's the best for Lena. Having that kind of experience with boys, maybe she's both jealous and concerned for Lena at the same time. But whatever her reason is...I still hate her for doing it.

Yzabel Ginsberg I had a hunch, in 'Delirium', that Hana was somewhat fishy. It seemed quite believable to me that she might have been the one who reported Lena and Alex.

I think we can read her act in different ways. From the beginning, Lena was sort of the 'rebel', or so we were led to think; and, like a lot of teenagers, she might have found a secret pride in her 'rebellion'. But while she thought that she wanted Lena to join her in this, that pride got partly wounded when Hana realized that Lena had gone further than herself ever would; and her feelings may have got hurt too, when she realized that she would never know the 'true love' Lena had been experiencing.

And in a way, why wouldn't she do it? She was to be cured in a few weeks, and then it wouldn't matter to her anyway, right? I imagine the prospect of guilt isn't to hard to overlook if you know that it won't plague you for your whole life.

Webiny Aw, man. I too read the last sentence, thought it meant Hana turned them in, spent all night in denial- trying to make the last sentence fit some other way... and failed. From all appearances, she was a sellout. I just hope, though even as I type this it seems highly unlikely, that Ms. Oliver is planning some sort of redemption planned for Hana... otherwise, I'm outraged all over again.

Janel I think Hana spoke up to the officials basically because she cares for Lena. I mean, yes, at first, she was the one who encourages Lena to experience "forbidden" music and other "forbidden" things. But, maybe, after experiencing the raid, she realized how fatal it is if you don't abide the government. And as a best friend, she doesn't want Lena to be harmed. But apparently, that's how it went.

Chace I don't know what to believe! Lauren Oliver stop messing with my head :)) DID HANA REALLY REPORTED LENA ?

I can't see how Hana can betray Lena. She's jealous, that's fine, I would probably feel the same way. But how could she ruin their bestfriend-since-forever relationship ? I hope "REQUIEM" fixes everything.

Sophia I really liked Hana. I was so upset at her at the end of the book.I was like mentally cursing at her. Seriously, what kind of friend is she? I can see how she was jealous, but really Hana? I thought you were better than that :(.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe, she told someone who did actually tell.
Sorry, I've totally forgotten names - I read this a couple of months ago =D
Maybe Hana told her friend (the one who used to go to all the parties) or who she was supposed to marry(like a heart to heart - for some weird reason. Who knows!) or perhaps at a party she got drunk and spoke it to someone, then had the power to stop them but didn't.) Possible. Im just been cynical, I'm so hoping that she didn't, because I liked hana xD lol

Rachel S I really liked Hana in Delirium so I'm really upset! I, literally, just finished Hana right there and had to re-read the last para to try and see if I was getting it wrong... It's her fault that Alex didn't make it out! ... I just hope there's some sort-of revelation in the next books! :(

Rachel S Claudia wrote: "i think hana may be more hurt with what happened with her and that one guy than she lets, i don't think she believes in love anymore and she wants to save Lena from the same thing that happened to ..."

I can understand that from Hana's POV but Alex was just so lovely! I really hope this turns out to be a misunderstanding... :'(

Meredith i can't believe the endign tits not a very good friend thing to do to trun in your besfriend at least lina got away how could she do that she could have ruined lina's chances to be happy with alex

message 39: by Holly (last edited Jun 09, 2012 10:21AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Holly I'd already assumed in Delirium that it was Hana who reported Lena. Even as she was confiding in her about the plans to cross to the Wilds I was thinking "noooooooo, bad idea!!!"

I hope Requiem is about a million pages long, I don't want it to end!

message 40: by Bobby (new)

Bobby If you take the time to understand Hana's perspective of everything, you can understand why she reported her. After a while she feels like shes lost her best friend to this disease she used to fight for.Too bad in the end it was thrown right back in her face with this selfish boy.She slowly starts to see Lena drift apart, changing right in front of her, her best friend.She wanted to be happy for her, but she couldn't. After seeing Angelica happy after the cure she realizes something

She wants to give up
She doesn't want to suffer anymore
She wants the cure
She wants the happy safe life
She wants to be happy again

message 41: by Emily (new)

Emily I just finished reading Hana and the impression I got was not that she was jealous of Lena, it seemed more like she was jealous of Alex and all the time they were spending together.
When they're in the storage room at the shop it seems like she resents Alex for stealing her best friend. I think that when Lena told her she was leaving with him to the Wilds that she panicked, not wanting her to leave and grassed on them (obviously she didn't give away any names though).
I genuinely think that she left a note at the Governor, I think that she felt bad because she did seem eager to help but then again maybe she used the opportunity to grass again and tell the gov that they were planning on escaping. As I'm writing this, I realize that in the book Lena point out that it looks as though Hana has been crying, could be from guilt?
Anyway, I don't think she was in love with Alex or anything

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily BY THE WAY, SPOILER ALERT UP THERE.
I was just about to leave when I read a comment that spoiled Pandemonium COMPLETELY. Please warn before revealing information!

Ellen PISSED. Just...PISSED. First of all, how dare she, being the one who introduced any of the major rule-breaking brigades to Lena in the first place. SECONDLY, she knew exactly the kind of trouble Lena would get in if anybody found out about her and Alex. That was supposed to be her best friend and she friggin THREW HER UNDER THE BUS. JUST THREW HER UNDER THERE. I'm disgusted. I've never been so enraged by a series of books. Screw you, Hana :( I really did like her in Delirium.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "Sara wrote: "When did Hana try to help Lena after she was captured? The way I read it Hana was jealous of Lena and reported her. I hope in Requiem Lena kicks Hana's A*s!"

That's what I got from it..."

Yea Hana totally did it out of jealously. She felt overshadowed by Lena and left out when Lena spent all her time with Alex. I have no pity for her. She made the wrong choice and screwed Lena's chances if being happy in the wilds with Alex.

Julianna I think it would be really interesting if Lena returns to Portland and discovers that Hana is the one who turned her in. Of course Hana will be cured, but it said in Delirium that the cure works differently on everyone so maybe a little bit of old-Hana will be left in her.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

check out some fanfic i made for pandemonium: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

Kristen This may have been said, I don't know, but I don't think I'm convinced that Hana turned Lena in like everyone believes. Not directly anyway. I think she turned Alex in and Lena got caught by association. But I don't think that was Hana's intent.

The last few paragraphs are talking about what Hana will remember from her last summer, and the last topic she settles on before thinking about the flyers(reporting information), is the Invalids.
When she says 'I'm sorry, Lena' at the end, I'm taking that to mean, 'I'm sorry that I'm about to take Alex away from you'.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it fits with how freaked out Hana seemed when Lena said they were planning to leave. Because maybe she already did turn Alex in and when she hears Lena say that, she starts worrying they might catch her too. I don't think she ever intended Lena to get caught, just Alex. But after that, she probably just thinks she'll be cured early, so it's ok.
And then once she sees what they're doing to Lena - tied up in her room, under guard - she decides to help her by getting the message to Alex.

Lindsay Carpenter Would Hana be saying sorry if she did it just because she thought it was right? I get the impression it's a mix of doing what's right and also jealously (not about Alex, but just about her having someone). On some level, I get the impression that watching Lena and Alex was excruciating for her after her own experiences.

Alejandra Mya Sam wrote: "Sara wrote: "When did Hana try to help Lena after she was captured? The way I read it Hana was jealous of Lena and reported her. I hope in Requiem Lena kicks Hana's A*s!"

That's what I got from it..."

YOU COULD AT LEAST HAVE SAID 'SPOILER ALERT' OMG ALEX

Siobhan I knew it was Hana when reading delirium. It was too close to Lena confessing she was going to leave. All this novella does is try to justify Hana's actions. I get it, I do, but I think she gave up too soon.

« previous 1