Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's (i love vacation)february reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments a great month for me- some really good mysteries and some pool-side fluff.
i haven't read a grisham in a long time and enjoyed the litigators. what's not to like about a pelecanos and defending jacob was a total page turner.

Catch Me- lisa gardner
What it Was- pelecanos
The Litigators-grisham
Defending Jacob: A Novel- william landay
The Beach Trees- karen white
While My Sister Sleeps-barbara delinsky
Another Piece of My Heart- jane green
The Summer Garden-sherryl woods
Home Front- kristin hannah

[

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments I liked WHAT IT WAS. I was kind of disappointed with THE CUT last year, but this one was back on point! I've got one more book I think I'll finish tonight and I'll post my reads tomorrow. Gonna read and put the Monkees on the stereo tonight and see how well I can remember how much I loved them when I was 10 & 11 years old. RIP, Davy Jones!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14411 comments What is not to love about vacation and good books! Great month, Sherry! I haven't read a Grisham book in ages and have the Pelecanos lined up on my Kindle.
Like you Melodie, I am remembering the Monkees and Davy Jones tonight.

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments Defending Jacob: A Novel- william landay

Cherry picking this one from you, Sherry. Sounds too good to pass up.

message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I have heard great thinks about Defending Jacob so that moves up my list as does Beach Trees and Home Front.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments I'm adding Defending Jacob to my list too!
Still haven't gotten to Pelecanos...but I will.
Great month Sherry...love being able to read on vacation too!

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Defending Jacob: A Novel- was really good. you think you know what's going on, then you don't then you do.. then you guess...don't want to say much about it but i thought it was excelent.

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments The new Pelecanos was sitting at the library on my last visit, so I was meant to read it.

message 9: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Great month, Sherry! I'm almost finished listening to The Litigators and have enjoyed it more than most other recent Grisham books. I have Defending Jacob on reserve, but it looks like I'll have a long wait for that one.

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Barry wrote: "The new Pelecanos was sitting at the library on my last visit, so I was meant to read it."

I liked WHAT IT WAS. Kept picturing the awful clothes he was describing! OMG! To think we REALLY used to dress that way!

message 11: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments I was also wondering how I ever came to wear bell bottoms.

message 12: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments Barry wrote: "I was also wondering how I ever came to wear bell bottoms."

Because the bell tops kept falling down?

message 13: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3545 comments looks like a good group of books.