Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > anyone watching The Walking Dead

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rinou (new)

Rinou | 44 comments I like it! I just find it a little slow, but it's really good (and I do not like zombies so much in general)

message 2: by Bookwyrm (new)

Bookwyrm My son and I love it. It is a little slow in parts but not in a bad way, at least to us. I love the character building and the moral quandries along with the mix of action. I think if it were non-stop action then it would be boring because the zombies would quickly lose any scare factor. The tension of not qite knowing when or if something is going to happen is alot of fun.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments I really enjoy the show and often am surprised by the twists it takes.

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina (msralways) | 516 comments I DO! And I'm absolutely fascinated by it and the zombie theme. I'm also a Resident Evil kinda girl. :)

message 5: by Fadia (new)

Fadia Tipton (warthshellen) | 4 comments """""spoiler for the ones who haven't seen last week episode"""""
I really thought Rick was gonna leave Shane in that bus... also what is confusing me Shane killed a walker with the same knife he cut his own hand. do u think he will turn????

message 6: by Nina (new)

Nina (msralways) | 516 comments Yeah, I thought Rick was going to leave him there too. But I think he only killed the walker after he cut his hand no!?

message 7: by Rinou (new)

Rinou | 44 comments Fadia, I was thinking the same at the end of the episode : (view spoiler)

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle Doe (thegrandlowblood) | 15 comments YES.... The show is like a win in its freaking self

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Allen (feastingonwords) | 5 comments I tried watching it but it was too slow for me. I enjoyed the zombie bashing bits but other than that... too slow. Maybe if I bought it on DVD, I could fast forward through all the boring parts.

message 10: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 293 comments It is getting a little slow, but still good. They're doing a whole Lord of the Flies thing, where the group is reverting to baser instincts. Very interesting.

message 11: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 293 comments Fadia wrote: "also what is confusing me Shane killed a walker with the same knife he cut his own hand. do u think he will turn ..."

I don't think he will turn. From the beginning, they kill walkers and the blood splatters everywhere...even in their mouths. Ew! I think the saliva, or bite, is the key to turning.

message 12: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 293 comments Question: Do you guys think they should have killed the kid?

message 13: by Ada (new)

Ada Adams (ada_adams) The last episode left me in tears. :(

message 14: by Bitchie (new)

Bitchie (matron) Kiersten wrote: "Question: Do you guys think they should have killed the kid?"

Yeah I do. I think it's going to come back and bite them in the behind that they haven't done anything with him yet. Just a feeling, I haven't read the books.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth May (elizabethmay) I thought Season 1 was absolutely spectacular, well plotted, and well executed.

The first half of Season 2, if I'm being perfectly honest, was an absolute mess. Incredibly slow, meandering, melodramatic plots. And the blatant sexism is killing me. The last couple of episodes have picked up a bit, so I'll stick around. But I'd really like to see this plotted better next season.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Cote (lulucote) | 1 comments I'm so sad it is done for another year); I started watching reruns last year and was hooked from first episode !!! I agree the midway thru part this year was very slow, but wow what a ending!!! Come on season 3

message 17: by Ty (new)

Ty there's still one more episode this sunday :)
unless you've already previewed it. ha.

message 18: by Ternelljade (new)

Ternelljade Yes...I'm curious to see what they will stick to as far as the graphic novels and what they will change. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't gotten deep into either yet.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 162 comments Wow! Season finale was amazing. I was definitely one who thought the first half was terrible. Way to slowly paced and the character development wasn't well written enough to make up for the slower pacing.

The second half of the season just got better and better with that totally incredible season finale! If this is the direction the show is headed, I'm there!

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Ashley wrote: "Wow! Season finale was amazing. I was definitely one who thought the first half was terrible. Way to slowly paced and the character development wasn't well written enough to make up for the slower ..."

I hadn't considered that (view spoiler)

message 21: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Weiss | 5 comments Yes, yes...LUV it!!! The speed and developement has been all over the place but I still think it is a great show. Seemed kinda short this season though, no?

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Yes, it did seem very short! I can't believe it's over until the fall :(

message 23: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Weiss | 5 comments Game of Thrones starts April 1st if you need something to hold you over. ;)

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) My husband really loves that series. Maybe I should give it a try. I'm not usually into traditional fantasy, but he tells me it's pretty good.

message 25: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Weiss | 5 comments I'm for sure hooked!

message 26: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 65 comments I didn't want the season to end. I'm glad none of my faves were killed off. my son and I just started watching the first season of Thrones. What an epic series....we're hooked.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Lol. I know, right? Mad Men just doesn't cut it for me ;)

message 28: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 0 comments @Michelle - (view spoiler)

message 29: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinbourke) | 13 comments We have started watching this show. It's GREAT. We watch it on DVD...so waiting for the next season to come out! :)

message 30: by Michelle (last edited Apr 01, 2012 01:26PM) (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Sheri wrote: "@Michelle - [spoilers removed]"

Seriously!! I want to walk into class on the first day of school (view spoiler). I think that would gain the respect of my students ;)

message 31: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 0 comments We discovered TWD on Netflix and watched the entire season 1 in one day. I can't believe how much I love this show! I set an alarm on my iPod to remind me Sunday nights so I wouldn't miss it...Can't wait for the next season!

message 32: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Kurucz (jadzea) | 34 comments Nina wrote: "I DO! And I'm absolutely fascinated by it and the zombie theme. I'm also a Resident Evil kinda girl. :)"

message 33: by Dianne (last edited Apr 10, 2012 08:03PM) (new)

Dianne Kurucz (jadzea) | 34 comments R E 6 comes out in Oct.I'm that kind of girl to thank the powers that be that game of thrones started when walking dead ended

message 34: by Karey (new)

Karey | 1 comments I have read the Walking Dead graphic novels so I know all about the season finale. There were things I have been waiting for since the very beginning.

message 35: by Roche (new)

Roche Keyter | 4 comments Yes, I am a zombie fan! Lol. Definitely one of the more entertaining shows on tv.

message 36: by Felicitta (new)

Felicitta Dianwidhi (FelicittaDianwidhi) | 5 comments Yes, I do. My sister loved it. Anyway, let's be honest, I hate it! I hate the actors and everything about this movie. I think planet full of zombie, when only them who survive it's impossible! Zombie is creepy! Hiiiii