Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Ward vs. Laurenston

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

On March 27, both 'Bear Meets Girl' and 'Lover Reborn' are released. I have already preordered both and will be on my Nook sameday.

Question: Which do you read first? Or in this case, which should I read first.

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I would say it all depends what your mood is. I am dying to read the next JRW book, of course, but as we are aware they've got darker and darker. The Laurenston one on the other hand, guarantees a laugh and feel good time.
As I say, depends on your mood, they'll both be must reads and I know from experience the Laurenston will be read more than once.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments I will read Lover Reborn first because I have yet to read Shelly Laurenston. Is she good?

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) I really love both and can't wait to read them. I'll probably read Lover Reborn first. It's going to be a hard one to read I think and I'll need a book after it that's a guaranteed laugh and Laurenston is excellent at that.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (thebookhunter) | 54 comments I would read Laurenston, I absolutly LOVE her!

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Well, since I can't stand Ward, you know right away where MY vote is. And yes, I too am dancing with impatience for that new Laurenston book. I've LOVED Crush every time he's appeared in the series.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "I will read Lover Reborn first because I have yet to read Shelly Laurenston. Is she good?"

I love Laurenston's Magnus Pack & Pride Series. They are really funny, the characters are brilliant and the sex scenes are steamy without being really offensive. If you like fantasy books, she wrote Dragon Kin Series under GA Aiken and they are just as good.

message 8: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments I love bear shifters-almost as much as I love cat shifters. So it would be Shelly Laurenston for me. I adore Lock and really enjoyed Bo. Can't wait to read Crush's book!

message 9: by Shirla (new)

Shirla Ghadaki (sjghadaki) | 21 comments Megan wrote: "I would read Laurenston, I absolutly LOVE her!"

Agreed!

message 10: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 43 comments Megan wrote: "I would read Laurenston, I absolutly LOVE her!"

Agreed.

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (inlibrislibertas) | 16 comments I am going to get both! I love the WARDen's books as well as Shelly Laurenston's.

message 12: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Try reading the first page of each and see which one hooks you.

message 13: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Lisa M wrote: "Try reading the first page of each and see which one hooks you."

A very astute comment.

message 14: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments I'd read Laurenston first. I have not read the BDB book before the one to come out soon, but I have read up to the one by Laurenston due out soon, and just read them within the month. The BDB series just kind of lost my interest during the last two books (Avenged & Mine). I'll pick up Lover Unleashed someday and then also Lover Reborn, eventually.

Read the one that you read the most recent.