ROBUST discussion

Next week is eBOOK WEEK in the US and Canada

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Feb 29, 2012 02:52PM) (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Next week is E-Book Week in the US. (in Canada it has been proclaimed for the whole month).

That's about all I know about it, but wanted to pass it along:

eBook Week

I'm thinking I may use one of my two available Select days for Storyteller.

Anyone here been involved in the past?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments I hadn't published this time last year, so I don't know anything about it.

I'm using my two available days just before eBook Week in the hope it will bounce them onto some good pages for sales during the week. Or maybe people will be so busy looking at the freebies, they won't buy any. It's a gamble...as always.

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I had a good run last year. A couple hundred copies of "Lunch" went out.

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments There is the option of giving away the book, or selling it as a discount.

I was thinking about discounting - maybe putting 'Swallow the Moon' for $.99.

Anybody else going to participate?

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Well, at least this got me going enough to discover I had failed to transfer some reminder notes I'd made in Ozz and one of them was my first round of Select ends March 10th. So I suppose EBW is as good a time as any to use my remaining two free days.

Did someone mention a link here earlier on how to promote free Kindle books? I should make a bigger effort this time, though my previous three days got me hundreds of downloads and nothing else much from them. Still, it's the whole of promotion that ends up counting, isn't it? Might as well finish the marathon...

Anyone still KBing? Has there been much discussion over there?

Katie, I'm kind of liking your idea of putting my book on before EBW gets started.

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I like the idea, but I'm all out of free days.

I think I'll run 'Swallow the Moon' for $.,99 - see what happens.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Actually, I might put Treespeaker at 99c for the week too, see what happens.

message 8: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Let me know how it goes, and I will do the same for you.

Last year I had ZERO sales but a couple hundred takers for freebies.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments I've posted a thread here, Kat -

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

How are you going so far?

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Ha, Katie, I just booked Storyteller for Sunday and Wednesday. No point in letting the opportunity go to waste. Guess I'm gonna have to 'work' on the weekend, sigh...

Is anyone else getting tired of not being able to buy direct from Goodreads? Wish Amazon and GR would come to some compromise!

message 11: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments You can sell from Goodreads. I had LDL up there for several months. No takers -but it was set up to go.

It might STILL be set up. I don't recall taking it down.

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments They used to offer KBooks but now when I go to, for instance, Katie's Dragon Queen, Amazon.com does not come up as a choice. Grrr...

message 13: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Oh - now that's not good.

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Sharon wrote: "They used to offer KBooks but now when I go to, for instance, Katie's Dragon Queen, Amazon.com does not come up as a choice. Grrr..."

Amazon is there, Sharon. It has just slipped right down to the bottom of the list.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Never comes up for me. If I click on the 'more' button, the page comes up blank, no matter how long I wait for it to download. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada. Amazon.ca does come up on the right sidebar but I ignore it. Now that I have a .com account I don't want to jeopardize it.