~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Debates > Pet Peeves

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
I know we all have them. So here you can tell us what bugs you the most!!!

message 2: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) When people who know what happens in a book ruin it for you or someone else (random person wanted to get her way in a hunger games discussion by sticking her nose in, where a few of us hadn't finished but a friend wanted to know our opinion at that point, and told us what happens in the end, like everything) .

message 3: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

1. People who can only see 'color' whenever they do/say/see anything.
2. People who tend to always see the bad in some and are constantly ignorant to what is/can be good about something.
3. People who refuse to learn as in people who are too stubborn to see facts and see how others view a situation.
4. People who can't see to see past themselves and look at the big picture.
5. People who claim that they are 'in love' after dating someone for 2 weeks and then 3 weeks later hate that person and call them names.
6. People who can't see past their emotions to see what someone can actually do/accomplish.
7. Hypocrites. Point blank period.

I have many many more and most likely will update them......soon!!

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) My pet peeves follow 5,6 7, and 3

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah People who stand in front of you when you are trying to get somewhere and ignore you when you say excuse me, then other times when you happen to be in their way by accident they just push past you, knocking you to the side.

Ignorant people who say things but actually have no idea what they are talking about.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Guys who think they are God's gift to women

message 7: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Irene wrote: "Guys who think they are God's gift to women"

AMEN!!

message 8: by Cookie (new)

Cookie People who think they are better than everyone

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Exactly.

message 10: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

8. People with overly large egos. They turn me off faster than raw meat.
9. People who say one thing to your face and another thing behind your back.
10. People who try to take advantage of other's kindness then talk about them mercilessly.
11. People who are quick to complain but never what to do any work to make a situation better.
12. People who sit back and take all the rewards and then do #11.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Cheesy advertisements.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I second hypocrites.

I also have a lot of grammar pet peeves, but I'm not going to list them because there are too many.

People who make fun of/stereotype other cultures.

Litering.

Gum under desks/chairs/ect.

Animal abuse.

When things aren't in alphabetical order.

Games, CD's, and DVD's being left out.

Loud people.

People who pull my bookmarks out of place. -_-

Bullies.

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Feb 29, 2012 03:03PM) (new)

Sarah When people send me messages in text talk which makes them sound like gangstas.

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yes, stereotyping is a big one.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Stereotyping about different races really irritates me.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, yeah. People who take revenge.

People who refuse to share.

People who get something you want, rub in your face, then say that you can't have it.

People who rub their relationships in your face (I've had this happen before).

Stealing.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah People on YouTube who spend their life posting hateful comments.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, what's up with that? Why watch a video only to say mean, hateful, and rather unecessary comments? I can see analyzing the video and giving constructive critism, but hate is just pointless.

message 19: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

13. People who have so much potential but never use it.
14. People who say "You act white/black." I didn't know you could act a color.
15. People who are out of order and can't respect chain of command.
16. People who make assumptions with no evidence.
17. People who assume I need a man when they crying/complaining about theirs and got a new one every other month.
18. People who don't respect my space/intelligence/boundaries. I may be a nice/caring person, but I will slap-a-hoe* if I'm pushed.

*This is just something me and my friends say to refer to people who we don't like or annoy us.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

❤♪$คгคђ♪❤™ wrote: "When people send me messages in text talk which makes them sound like gangstas."

When I can't read text talk.

message 21: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) ❤♪$คгคђ♪❤™ wrote: "People on YouTube who spend their life posting hateful comments."

Anyone who posts hateful comments about anything.

message 22: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Guys who treat a girl like she has the plague when it's her 'time of the month's or is just in a bad mood.

Anyone who won't respect that I don't like being touched.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Good point. We should spend our times being positive, not negative. :)

message 24: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammyyreads) | 7 comments I hate when couples date for w.e length of time then break up, get back together again, break up, get back together again and while doing so, say they have no idea why they keep breaking up...seriously? Sit your impatient ass down, talk to your significant other about what you two need to compromise and work on them. THEN you can date again. -__-

message 25: by Madison (new)

Madison | 8 comments My pet peeves mostly have to do with the bathroom (which sounds really odd...) leaving the seat up, not getting a new toilet paper roll, extra. It all drives me insane.

But, people chewing loudly at the movies also tips me over the edge. When my friends and I when to see the new Snow White movie, some guy in front of me was chewing very loudly. I somehow held in my screams, though.

message 26: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (PatchworkPoisons) | 13 comments The stereotype that all teenagers are the same. That we're all criminals with hoodies, eye liner and skimpy outfits. I don't fit into any 'group' but I suppose my style is closest to goth and people look at me like I'm going to eat them! I know we will never eradicate this but I do wish people would stop judging a book by it's cover.
I hate grammatical errors.
I hate it when I go to a book store on the release date of a book and they don't have it! I'm a little OCD so I hate mess, general uncleanliness and things being in places they shouldn't.
Also, people who bend the corner of a page in a book to mark their place.

message 27: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 57 comments Id have to say my biggest pet peeve is when someone complains about everything 24/7. I like to see the good and positive and negative people just bring me down :( I also hate when others make fun of everyone around them. You don't know them so don't stick up your nose at them just because you feel insecure about your self.

message 28: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (meimei42) I hate girls who are constantly warned about danger, but ignore it only to put themselves in danger. Or who are told they don't know everything and shouldn't attempt something--then attempt it and put themselves in peril.

Basically anytime where characters repeatedly make stupid or dangerous decisions in order to cause drama in the plotline.