Fantasy/Romance Writing discussion

Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Lalala*Saredo* (rainbowthunder) | 96 comments Mod
Heyy so i am the mod of this group my name is Saredo.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim Le (kimml) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Kim, i love to read a hell of a lot of romance-fiction. I have an obsession with keeping my books in absolute neat condition anndddd if it were possible, I'd choose to live in a Fictional world/novel over the real world because quite frankly, reality sucks C:

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Sidnee. I love to read fantasy and romance, and the best books are mixture of the two ;) I am always coming up with new story ideas but i can never seem to write them down as they come. I am hoping to fix that problem very soon. I love to sing, i play guitar, and someday I want to be a singer/songer writer, or a studio engineer, and a hobby author.

message 4: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

hey everyone and kim i totally kno wreality sucks i am in my own world half the time. Jennifer i totally love that show love how it startes after snoiw white and the prince married.Lol Sidnee i totally love writing and i LOVE to sing everyone tells me i should audtiton for AMerican Idol or something.
Lol i just noticed that you all like to read romance i love romance both paranormal and fantasy.

message 5: by Habz (last edited Mar 01, 2012 02:12PM) (new)

Habz | 19 comments Hi, i'm Habz and i'm 18....
on my profile page, i have described myself as :)...i will now try to be more informative...

urm....i live in a veryyyy boring environment, surrounded by extremely tedious people so i tend to zone out and live in my head, i think Goodreads is a brilliant place to vent out your feelings and talk about books and things that usually be wrestling amongst themselves inside my head:)
currently the highlight of my life is learning to drive manually...

I read all kinds of books; YA, Horror, Sci fi, Dystopian... i am currently reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King, my current favorite book is The Passage by Justin Cronin, my favorite book of all time is The book Thief by Markus Zusak and next i hope to read Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare,

I kinda learnt to play the recorder and at one point, the wooden pipes...sometimes i watch cricket with my cricket obsessed dad...please don't judge me, it's the only sport i can get into:)...I like writing and i hope to carry on studying English lit and lang and eventually perusing a career in the field...i also wanted to be an archaeologist and a games developer at one point, but i grew up... wooooooooooooooo:)

message 6: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Heyy habz welcomee

message 7: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments Saredo(rainbow-unicorn-ninja) wrote: "Heyy habz welcomee"

:)))))))))

*cheesy smile*

message 8: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

hehehehe so do you write a lot?

message 9: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments I try...but you know writers block and all... the last time i seriously wrote was for an A level english creative coursework

message 10: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

hehe i used to get those all the time.

message 11: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments Saredo(rainbow-unicorn-ninja) wrote: "hehe i used to get those all the time."

any luck these days?

message 12: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

you know the usual sitting at a table for hours trying to think of something good to write about

message 13: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments lol i get it all the time....
i cheat and try to get my little cousins to give me ideas lol...no luck:(

message 14: by Lalala*Saredo* (last edited Mar 01, 2012 02:51PM) (new)

me too i ask my sister if she has any intresting ideas but i learned my lesson. One day she told me to write about Dora getting caught in a storm took that advice and got a C+ on my essay.(NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM 6 YEAR OLDS)

message 15: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments Saredo(rainbow-unicorn-ninja) wrote: "me too i ask my sister if she has any intresting ideas but i learned my lesson. One day she told me to write about Dora getting caught in a storm took that advice and got a C+ on my essay.(NEVER TA..."

woooooooo C+ for an essay on Dora lol!
at least you passed though:)

haha lesson learnt...now i'm torn on talking inspiration frm my dad, he has led a very interesting half a century so far...the problem is, he said he would sue me for it...pretty sure he's not serious :0

message 16: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Heheheh my dad probably would just tell me to get the hell out and then he would continue with talking on the phone with he's cosins while he walked around the room yelling and pointing at random things.

message 17: by Habz (new)

Habz | 19 comments Saredo(rainbow-unicorn-ninja) wrote: "Heheheh my dad probably would just tell me to get the hell out and then he would continue with talking on the phone with he's cosins while he walked around the room yelling and pointing at random t..."

Haha a lot more open then my dad, he's really quiet and mysterious about his past...no point, my grandad tells us every thing lol!... the only thing i can get out of him is any stories that he used to tell us at bedtime lol, time to look for inspiration elsewhere lol *sigh*

message 18: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Hello I'm Kara. :)

message 19: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 13 comments Hi, I'm Sunny ^^
I love love love romance books because they give you that fluffly feeling when the hot guy in the story just kissed this love. I don't have any favorite romance books/stories because I think they're all equall good but I did enjoy "The Host" by S.M. very much.

message 20: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

heyss everyone lol i also love romance books i usually have one in my hand everyday. I haven't read the host yet but i am planning to becuase i read twilight and you know i don't really get that jumpyy feeling anymore when someone say Stephanie meyers.

message 21: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 13 comments I think The Host was better than Twilight though I remember throughly enjoying Twilight in the 6th grade (back then, Twilight was like THE book).
I NEVER wanted to put The Host down- there was always something to look forward to in the next page. You should read it :)
Haha, I remember reading "Tantalize" and the word "Twilight" was in there and I jumped. XD

message 22: by violet (new)

violet (lone_stargazer) | 2 comments Hey thnx for the invite saredo.

message 23: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

You welcome have fun..

message 24: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Sunny wrote: "I think The Host was better than Twilight though I remember throughly enjoying Twilight in the 6th grade (back then, Twilight was like THE book).
I NEVER wanted to put The Host down- there was alw..."

it is i totally gave up on stephanie meyers after i read twilight but i planning to read The Host

message 25: by yael (new)

yael I'm Aero :) i love fantasy/romance books and rps but sometimes i hate love triangles.

message 26: by yael (new)

yael well the trashy love triangles anyway....

message 27: by violet (new)

violet (lone_stargazer) | 2 comments Aero wrote: "well the trashy love triangles anyway...."

me too.

message 28: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Lol me too my freind always tells me love trangles are BS.

message 29: by yael (new)

yael XD

message 30: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

hehe what kind of writing do you like?

message 31: by yael (new)

yael i like interesting ones~XD

message 32: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

mee to if it isn't intresting out the window you go.

message 33: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

heyyy welcome i love fantasy too i am also currently working on a story.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Me Jordan! I love reading, writing, and anything that requires creativity!

message 35: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Hey Jordan, welcome.

message 36: by Inah Cathes (new)

Inah Cathes Lopez | 2 comments hi :)
i'm cathes :)

message 37: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

hey cathes welcome i hope you have fun!!!

message 38: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela (mikaela1) Hi Saredo, my name is Mikaela, my two favourite genres are romance and fantasy.

message 39: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Hey Mikaela! Welcome! :) Good to meetcha!

message 40: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Welcome Mikaela. I hope you have fun :D

message 41: by Kayla (new)

Kayla  | 1 comments Hiya! I'm Kayla!

message 42: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Hey Kayla! Glad you're here. :)

message 43: by Steven (new)

Steven Camilleri | 2 comments Hey there :) Steven Camilleri: Published writer. I would like to invite you to join me on my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-...

message 44: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Hey Kayla and Steven. Hope you guys have fun here!!!

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nicolehughes) | 5 comments 'Ello, I'm Danielle

message 46: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ *tips hat*

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi i'm Isabel

message 48: by Lalala*Saredo* (new)

Heyyyyyy welcome

message 49: by Inah Cathes (new)

Inah Cathes Lopez | 2 comments hi everyone :)

message 50: by J. JaeBloggs (last edited Apr 20, 2012 12:32PM) (new)

J. JaeBloggs (jjaebloggs) Hey! Hey! They call me J. Jae! Well, at lead that's what I call one of my writer aliases. I love to read and write! It's basically my life, I make room out of school work and life to just have a writing season. Sometimes I just have a jam session and sing, write songs and poems and any stories that come to mind. I talk about my characters like they're real,and the kinda are. My cousin was all like "THEY AREN'T REAL!"
And this is my reaction...
*dramatic gasp, hand flies to heart*...
"They are like family! Sure they aren't actually real,but they are real!"
Sometimes I talk to my characters, it's not like I'm just sitting and I'm like:"Hey, how was your day Reed?"
And it's not like he'll answer with
*Sigh*
"My day was crappy, how about you J. Jae?"
They come when I'm in my Writer's World and visit me. Like when I'm dreaming. Sometimes I'm just observing, sometimes they talk to me. I hear them and see them. No joke. I actually get a lot of ideas from what they tell me. Some characters talk to me more than others. Once, I got fashion advice. It was useful though.

« previous 1