Midnight Sun [2008 Draft] Midnight Sun [2008 Draft] discussion

Midnight Sun

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessi Is Stephenie Meyer planning on publishing Midnight Sun or not? I know that someone posted the first 12/13 chapters on the internet illegally, but wasn't that in like, 2008? I think the book would be really good anyway...

Jamie As a tribute to her fans I totally think she should publish the remaining chapters. So well deserved.

H.A. As a reader, I would love nothing more than if she finished the book.
But I have to say as a writer that I can see where she is coming from.
Having someone you trust illegally post your writing is a great betrayal. Our writing is more than just words. Midnight Sun was her lastest baby and someone just came along and gave it away. They didn't allow her to do her thing, instead they psyched her out and stole it from her.
I'm not sure if I was in her shoes I wouldn't be doing the same. Just the though of this happening is terrible. I remember wanting to cry when I heard about it because I can't imagine the pain this caused her.

Jessi H.A wrote: "As a reader, I would love nothing more than if she finished the book.
But I have to say as a writer that I can see where she is coming from.
Having someone you trust illegally post your writing is ..."

I see your point.

message 5: by Hrrocks (new)

Hrrocks I really want her to finished the book as a reader. Putting the book in a different character view is a great idea. don't stop please!!!!! People always wonder in each book they read what would happen if it was wrote in this character's point of view. And she is doing that and I really want to know. we will never know unless she puts it out their or we'll just wonder what happens next. People are counting on her so she shouldn't let her wall tumble. I get that she's upset but people are waiting and counting on her. She can like take a break till she feels better because she has fans out their who count on her.

Kristi I want to see her finish Midnight Sun also but I don't blame her at all for not going any farther. Her confidence was betrayed and I think she has every right to scrap it if she wants.

PollyAnna Joy Just think about it....no other writer in history has [successfully] written the SAME story from the point of view of a different character in that same story. If she'd finish MIDNIGHT SUN, it's be just as successful, if not more so, than the original TWILIGHT!

message 8: by Parita (new)

Parita its such a beautifully written tale dat no one can resist it meyer hav kept da fire ignited in da edward version which takes a lot of creativness nd she proved herself as an author of words

message 9: by Parita (new)

Parita its such a beautifully written tale dat no one can resist it meyer hav kept da fire ignited in da edward version which takes a lot of creativness nd she proved herself as an author of words