Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > HELP all u bookworms out there!!!!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bre (new)

Bre | 4 comments i am looking for series that are like these books:

riley jensen series
fever series
tarien soul series
Kate Daniel series
night huntress series

they all have one main heroin with a continueing story line.

i have read series such as BDB, demonica, IAD and such and love them just really like the one main character best

any good suggestions?

thanks

message 2: by Zafia (last edited Feb 29, 2012 07:07AM) (new)

Zafia | 123 comments Im currently rereading one of that "1 heroine throughout the series" kind of book - one of my fav actually.

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison
Following also have 1 heroine
Diaries of an Urban Panther (Diaries of an Urban Panther #1) by Amanda Arista Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) by Carole Nelson Douglas Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland Lucifer's Daughter (Princess of Hell, #1) by Eve Langlais Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen #1) by Sierra Dean Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1) by J. R. Rain The Devil Inside (Morgan Kingsley, #1) by Jenna Black Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines Greywalker (Greywalker, #1) by Kat Richardson Unclean Spirits (The Black Sun's Daughter, #1) by M.L.N. Hanover Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) by Michelle Sagara West Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Mona Lisa Awakening (Monère Children of the Moon, #1) by Sunny

I prolly have more in my shelves, but clock is ticking and i dont have time to list more. All of the above have the same main female prog. Sometimes with a lot of help, sub chars etc sometimes more solo. But main focus on female prog. All are adults, some have more sexual tension/relief than others, some have little to no.
The above have all kinds of para's.

Personally im with you. I like 1 main female prog throughout a series.

message 3: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

I love this series. One heroine and definitely an adult series.

message 4: by Alisha (new)

Alisha | 36 comments This is pretty new, but it looks like it's going to be good, but I like the Under Witch Moon series. Yeah, other then that and the above mentioned Jeaniene Frost series, I think you've covered most. I haven't read this one yet, but I hear a lot of people like it, Succubus Blues. Of course Zafia's list could keep you reading for a LONG time, since most those series 5+ books already, LOL.

message 5: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Feb 29, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 304 comments Bre? Have you heard of this series? A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1) by Adrian Phoenix

I've only read the first book but I really liked it once I got fully submerged into the story.

message 6: by Zafia (new)

Zafia | 123 comments Alisha wrote: "Of course Zafia's list could keep you reading for a LONG time, since most those series 5+ books already, LOL. "

Funny huh ;)
I really like to read series with the same heroine throughout the series and(!) preferable more than 2 books in the series, seeing as if i love it, i would want to read more about the diff chars, their adventures and so forth.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Alisha wrote: "This is pretty new, but it looks like it's going to be good, but I like the Under Witch Moon series. Yeah, other then that and the above mentioned Jeaniene Frost series, I think you'..."

I agree with Under Witch Moon. It's a great UF series.

message 8: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Christen (jchristen84) | 6 comments The Dark Days series by Jocelynn Drake are good too, it's a total of 6 books. Nightwalker
Of course there is also the Sookie Stackhouse series too =)

message 9: by Bre (new)

Bre | 4 comments thanks this will definitely give me some ideas.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine | 4 comments The Elemental Assassin series By Jennifer Estep starting
with Spider's Bite, fast paced and lots of fun to read.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Moved this thread over into Recommendations wanted!!