Harry Potter discussion

Books > J.K. Rowling's New book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wishy (new)

Wishy allison | 6 comments Some rumors were saying it was going to about Vampires but i dont know forsure.

message 2: by Tangguh (new)

Tangguh Alamsyah | 1 comments I think she write a suspense book like John Grisham (Or so. cause suspense is her speciality.. (you know that Harry Potter is full of suspense)
I can wait to read.....

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (rochellereviews) I heard that it's about a man in a small village who dies, and everyone in the town is at war with each other over his death. It's supposed to be suspense with dark comedy. :)

message 4: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments Does anyone know the title or when it is supposed to be out?

message 5: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
The info on that from goodreads is here

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana | 32 comments I cannot wait for it to come out in September!!, I've already pre ordered it.

message 7: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi (hplova-goodreadscom) | 12 comments Cant wait to read and find out what its about. J.K Rowling made my childhood. Harry Potter was my past present and future.I love her for doing that not only for me but for many other people too. She made a worldwide phenomenon. The 90s kids grew up with Harry Potter. We dreamed of Hogwarts and the adventure. The classes and the magic. Harry Potter gave us something to dream about. We have grown up and fell in love with these characters. To us they are way more than just a fictional character. To us they are not fictional characters but part of the Harry Potter legacy. Thank you J.K Rowling for giving that to us.

message 8: by Fi (new)

Fi No offense to J.K.R but the HP books are kinda over since all the movies are out...why would she make another book?

message 9: by Ishani (new)

Ishani (IshaniG) | 425 comments The book is about Parliament and stuff. The name is Casual Vacancy

message 10: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Ishani wrote: "The book is about Parliament and stuff. The name is Casual Vacancy"

Yes, but the summary refers to a small town parish council, not the British Parliment.

Sophie wrote: "No offense to J.K.R but the HP books are kinda over since all the movies are out...why would she make another book?"

She's a writer. And there's no reason she should stick to Harry Potter related projects now. I think it's great that she's coming out with something that sounds completely different.

message 11: by Leah Rachel (last edited Jul 31, 2012 09:46PM) (new)

Leah Rachel von Essen (whilereadingandwalking) Sophie wrote: "No offense to J.K.R but the HP books are kinda over since all the movies are out...why would she make another book?"

I agree with Ishani.. Writers write books. She didn't write Harry Potter because she wanted to have a posh life, she wasn't even sure if she'd be able to get it published- she didn't even tell her family about it right away because she didn't want them to be disappointed if it was never published. JK Rowling didn't write Harry Potter so that HP could be hugely successful and a worldwide phenomenon, she wrote Harry Potter because that story came to her and she had to write it and had to get it out there. It's something that all writers feel, really. That's why they do it- that's why they write, because they have to fulfill the inspiration they've gotten. They can't keep it in. So JKR got some more inspiration, for something on a different topic. So she wrote that book as well. A writer doesn't write for one success, she writes for inspiration. Steven Speilberg didn't direct E.T. and go, you know. That was a big success. I guess I'm done, no reason to continue. Directing is his passion, he can't just stop. Writing is JK Rowling's passion, and she's going to keep writing until the inspiration is gone.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Well said.

message 13: by Leah Rachel (new)

Leah Rachel von Essen (whilereadingandwalking) Maria wrote: "Well said."

Thank you. Oh, and correction- I meant Pandy, I got mixed up because she was replying to Ishani.