Basically Books! discussion

ARR-Completed-post review links > ARR #3 - GO NO SEN by Jacques Antoine

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Apr 14, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) Go No Sen by Jacques Antoine

Genre: YA Action Thriller

Go No Sen

Book Description

Description: Emily Kane studies martial arts, but she never thought she'd have to use them... until her home is destroyed in a sudden attack. When her family goes into hiding she refuses to become a fugitive, assume a new name and and live a lie. She is determined to preserve her own identity, to salvage the life she knows and stay in school. But that means fighting off the people who attacked her home and may be hunting for her. Along the way she learns she is not who she thinks she is, and that her family is not who she thinks they are either. Who exactly is Emily Kane, and why is she so good at fighting? To solve the mystery of her identity she turns to her high school classmates, making new friends when she had always been a loner. But then she has to protect them from the danger swirling darkly around her. The only solution may be to draw her enemies out into the open and confront them face to face.

Be one of the first 25 people to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! If possible would love for your reivews to be posted on Goodreads and Amazon, B&N and Smashwords.

Formats available: Mobi

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format required

MOBI

Gemma - gemmagem20@gmail.com
Carmen - oceanlady@aol.com
Wendy - wendy-unsworth@hotmail.com
MayLee - mayme@softhome.net
Stephanie - ozs_chick_willow@yahoo.com
Ashton - Ashton_w101@hotmail.com
Bernard - shapenotesinger@talktalk.net
Melanie - justabaycat@yahoo.com
Haley - haleyg316@hotmail.com
Brigit - berrgieberg@yahoo.com
guadalupe - luffy.carrera@gmail.com

EPUB

Breanne - happyhaws@Gmail.com
Kelli - kspear22@gmail.com
Stephanie - mommancali@gmail.com

message 2: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) just a note: should have epub version listed soon.

Please leave your information and will try to get everyone a copy this evening. Thanks Tana

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 31 comments Gemma
gemmagem20@gmail.com
Kindle :)

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 8 comments Carmen
oceanlady@aol.com
Kindle
and thanks

message 5: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (happyhaws) Breanne Haws
happyhaws@Gmail.com
Epub preferred, will take whatever is available.

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 82 comments Wendy
wendy-unsworth@hotmail.com
Kindle
thank you

message 7: by Maylee (new)

Maylee (mayleejo) | 4 comments MayLee Losee
mayme@softhome.net
Any kind will be okay :)

message 8: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) Stephanie
ozs_chick_willow@yahoo.com
Mobi

message 9: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
Tana i am so sorry.. i accidentally put Go No Sent instead of Go No Sen.. in the email. :( Sorry.

message 10: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Willson Ashton
Ashton_w101@hotmail.com

Kindle

Thank you

message 11: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) thats ok Tara thank you so much for sending out the email.

message 12: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Collard | 5 comments Bernard shapenotesinger@talktalk.net

Kindle

Many thanks

message 13: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Hi everyone sent emails out so everyone should have a copy, if not please let me know.

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (laniedee) | 44 comments Melanie, justabaycat@yahoo.com

Mobi please! :)

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley Georgi Haley Georgi
haleyg316@hotmail.com
kindle please

message 16: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Spear (kellispear) Kelli, kspear22@gmail.com

epub if possible! :)

message 17: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) alright haven't gotten an email yet!

message 18: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Hi Stephanie sent you another email.

message 19: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Everyone has been emailed up to this point.

If you have not recived an email from me please let me know.

message 20: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 31 comments Tana wrote: "Everyone has been emailed up to this point.

If you have not recived an email from me please let me know."

I haven't got an email...

message 21: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Gemma and Fyrekatz, I'm resending to you. Let me know if you still don't get it :)

message 22: by Bergs (new)

Bergs (smileeeey247) | 8 comments Brigit
berrgieberg@yahoo.com
mobi ^_^

message 23: by Guadalupe (new)

Guadalupe (vampirelover3915) | 5 comments guadalupe
luffy.carrera@gmail.com

message 24: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Sent you an email Brigit!

Guadalupe, do you need mobi or epub?

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephsBookRetreat) | 10 comments Stephanie
mommancali@gmail.com
epub

message 26: by Sheri (last edited Mar 01, 2012 01:19PM) (new)

Sheri Sent you an email Stephanie!

10 copies left!

message 27: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) Sheri wrote: "Gemma and Fyrekatz, I'm resending to you. Let me know if you still don't get it :)"

ok got it!

message 28: by Jacques (last edited Mar 01, 2012 02:43PM) (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Wow! Thanks, everyone for taking an interest. And thanks, Tana, for taking the trouble.

If you're curious, I wrote the book for my precocious 12yo daughter who dreams of being a writer someday. She's also a bit of ninja herself, so she consulted on all the action scenes (Can you do these two kicks in combination? No, Dad, you'd fall over. etc). But I also wanted to show the cost (physically and emotionally) of being able to win a fight. And above all, I wanted to work out the dilemmas the heroine would face trying to stay in school and lead a "normal" life.

I hope you all enjoy it.

message 29: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Hi Jacques and welcome.

message 30: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 31 comments Sheri wrote: "Gemma and Fyrekatz, I'm resending to you. Let me know if you still don't get it :)"

Received, thank you. I look forward to reading it.

message 31: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 8 comments Thank you

message 32: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (happyhaws) http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Here is my goodreads.com review. Also posted on Barnes and Noble. I will do a much better review once I digest a little better. I really enjoyed this book, and need to find a way to articulate the effect it had on me.

message 33: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) 11 copies remaining

message 34: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 31 comments Here is my review.
Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me! http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 35: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Thanks, Gemma, for a fair and honest review. I appreciate your taking the trouble to read it.

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (laniedee) | 44 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I truly wanted to jump off my couch and do some karate after I finished this book. I do wish Emily had more trouble winning all the time and that the ending was different. I was expecting a huge cliff hanger (like a kidnapping plot or forceful extraction of DNA evidence, etc.) but it didn't go there. Oh well! I enjoyed reading it anyway.

Thanks for the opportunity to read and review!

message 37: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Thanks for the kind words, Melanie, and for taking the trouble to read it. I'm working on the sequel now, and DNA questions are central to it, as well as kidnapping, prison riots, and the problem of going to school with bruises. More than one sort of fluid may be extracted forcibly.

message 38: by Josephine (new)

Josephine | 11 comments Josephine
josephine_tee@hotmail.com
kindle please

message 39: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent in your request Josephine.

message 40: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Sent it out. Enjoy!

message 41: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) This book wasn't for me at all, which i am sorry about... I couldn't even get into it to make a proper review. :( I know I'm no help at all.

message 42: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Thanks anyway, Fyrekatz. Don't worry about it. My book has a narrow appeal, which I've been wondering about lately.

message 43: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 82 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Many thanks for the opportunity to read this book!

message 44: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Thanks, Wendy, for a thoughtful, honest and generous review. I had meant the quick transition to close friendships to suggest the way she had all along been fascinating to other kids, and that she had been hungry for friends herself without fully realizing it. But your comments suggest that I haven't prepared the way for this adequately. I'll be thinking about this in the sequel.

I did want to create the impression that there is something almost magical about her skills. Not really magical, of course. But people often come away from martial arts demonstrations thinking there was something sort of magical in what they just saw.

I also did want to suggest something magical about Emily's eyes--like the big eyed look typical of Japanese manga characters. My daughter (12yo) is very fond reading manga, so I added that feature for her.

Thanks again,

Jacques

message 45: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 82 comments Good luck with the sequel!

message 46: by Bergs (new)

Bergs (smileeeey247) | 8 comments I'm sorry I haven't reviewed this yet. School work swamped me these passed three weeks. I will get this done though. ^_^

message 47: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments I can sympathize. I'm bogged down with schoolwork too. Take your time.

Jacques

message 48: by Elryxe (new)

Elryxe Detristeange | 11 comments Can I still join? elryxe@hotmail.com epub please

message 49: by Jacques (new)

Jacques Antoine (jacquesantoine) | 12 comments Thanks for the interest. Epub sent. Let me know if you can open it.