The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [F2F Book Discussions] March 2012: Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Moderator: Ranee

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely (oldkd) | 6065 comments Please put your thoughts here.

message 2: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Thought:

Excited na ko!

I'll be rereading the book simultaneous with my reading of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Ako na puro British author ang binabasa.

Ako na ang Britishian! Nyahaha! 8'D

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2440 comments I will start this next week!

message 4: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely (oldkd) | 6065 comments With conviction! Ikaw na, Maria! :)

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2440 comments of course! feeling ko magugustuhan ko to dahil humorous. :)

message 6: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments guys! get ready.

For the sake of Space traveling, we would be giving each other Alien names.

like for instance, Kwerzoid from the planet of Junsanapoot, the planet best known for their rhythmic dance stances most effective in hand-to-hand combat (aka martial arts in Earth language) thing is, theirs is a dying race, interplanetary wars make use of spaceships and lasers, their stances don't stand a chance.

message 7: by K.D. (last edited Mar 01, 2012 03:51PM) (new)

K.D. Absolutely (oldkd) | 6065 comments Ay, I like the idea. Awesome! Anong name ko? KDzoid? Hahahaha

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments Ranee wrote: "guys! get ready.

For the sake of Space traveling, we would be giving each other Alien names.

like for instance, Kwerzoid from the planet of Junsanapoot, the planet best known for their rhythmic..."

I like! haha!

message 9: by Tuklas Pahina (TP) (last edited Mar 01, 2012 06:16PM) (new)

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments wow! great idea! Dr. Ranee, maybe my name will be

Pozoid,
from the planet of Popoot
har! har! wha! wha!

message 10: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Wotcher, Earthlings!

I, jzhunekalokaoof, am from the lithe and bouncy planet of AgEvldet. Our kind has been known for their graceful ballet pizazz.

I know. We're groovy like that.

However, on the way to this skcamagalurfing, tiddly planet, I lost my tutu. Thereby, robbing me of my...

Also, please alert me if you ever saw my spaceship.
This...

*forever sobbing*

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments wow! ganda ah jzhun

message 12: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Po, dapat sa 'yo isang alien na panda!

Na nagwawala!

At naninira ng keyboard dahil ayaw gumana ng Caps Lock... 8'D

[image error]
GIFSoup

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments @Jzhun hahaha! ang saya! saya!

message 14: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments favorite ko yang commercial na yan! Panda cheese!

message 15: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments haha, cute!

message 16: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Gusto ko yung name ni Jzhun!
grabe may effects pa!

Po, bawal gaya-gaya ke Kwesi na yun eh. Isip ka pa ng iba!

message 17: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Who have actually read the book?

Comments? Lamentations?

message 18: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments im just starting, and im still getting the hang of these outer space terms haha

message 19: by Rollie (new)

Rollie (zheick) | 2098 comments I'm done reading it. :)

message 20: by kwesi 章英狮 (new)

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 2752 comments Haha. Yun na akin Kwesizoid! Bwahaha! Joke lang, gawa rin ako ng sarili kong kwento katulad ng kay jzhun.

message 21: by Ace (new)

Ace (lj560) | 1169 comments ang off ko this march is wed-thurs... hopefully makapunta ako sa f2f

message 22: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments ako si carygon. Haha!

message 23: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Hi Carygon! From what planet ka?

message 24: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments here are some points to ponder:

Towels are the best thing a space traveler could ever have. Do you agree? If not, what basic/oddest thing you carry around with you when you travel? Why so?

Arthur hated that Thursday. Which day of the week do you hate/dread most? (Of course you have to explain it.)

You fall into a space continuum that loops a day in your life over and over again, which day/ event would you want it to be?

message 25: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments By the way, I am Raneewoop, came from a speck of a revolting asteroid(literally revolting/arguing its way off the Haley's comet because it wants to travel on its own, this speck would rather lazily spend its afternoon in a cabana somewhere Tropical by nature, but then specks would be specks that follows the law of gravitational pull into the tail of the comet) And since it is just a speck that revolts, it is devoid of a name, however we gave it a nickname just for the knack of it, we call it Specker, Mr. Specker, to be exact.

message 26: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments Ranee wrote: "Hi Carygon! From what planet ka?"

from sabogaloids planet?! haha

message 27: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments jzhunagev wrote: "Po, dapat sa 'yo isang alien na panda!

Na nagwawala!

At naninira ng keyboard dahil ayaw gumana ng Caps Lock... 8'D

GIFSoup"

omigash. ngayon ko lang nakita to as gif.. natuwa ako ng bongga!

message 28: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments I don't know, pero siguro mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko because Adam's humor doesn't get old—at least for me.

Natatawa pa rin ako at some parts at effective pa rin ang smart-alecky, cheeky narrative. Haha! 8'D

message 29: by Apokripos (last edited Mar 04, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Hey, guys!

If ever you're finding it hard what the Heart of Gold spaceship looks like, this is easily one of the impressive ones I saw from the mind-bogglingly bunch of pictures from the ethernet. It easily matches what Adams described in the book, and I do hope I can find one of these, just for kicks! 8')

Smashing!

“Beneath it lay uncovered a huge starship, one hundred and fifty metres long, shaped liked a sleek running shoe, perfectly white and mindbogglingly beautiful. At the heart of it, unseen, lay a small gold box which carried the most brain-wrenching device ever conceived, a device which made this starship unique in the history of the Galaxy, a device after which the ship had been named — the HEART OF GOLD.” Douglas Adams, 1979

message 30: by Apokripos (last edited Mar 04, 2012 05:52PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Easily, one of my favorite characters from the book is no less than Marvin the Paranoid Android. Why? Just read the book to find out (I'm not going to spoil the whole thing for you).

The thing I found palatable—if at all—from the book's recent movie adaptation is how it updated the looks of Marvin and by the looks of him, why, one can spot his gloomy disposition—if at all. And did I mention, the voice acting for Marvin was done by no less than the sleek Alan "Severus Snape" Rickman?!
Far out!

It think this one's better from the kitchy design from the 70s TV series, pictured—for your ape-descended brain guidance—below...

I would like to add what a Vogon looks like, but I fear I might ruin your appetite for lunch. 8'(

message 31: by kwesi 章英狮 (new)

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 2752 comments Ikaw lang yata ang nasasayahn dito sa thread na 'to! Haha.

message 32: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Halata naman, di ba?

5 stars sa akin 'yong book. And I'll fight for that tooth and nail during the F2F!

And don't you dare Kwesi, or else the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal will be having a Junsanopoot for supper! :D

message 33: by kwesi 章英狮 (new)

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 2752 comments Wala akong naiintindihan sa 'yo! haha!

message 34: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments hahaha. I love Marvin too! had a picture with him somewhere, will search my archives for that picture!

I feel bad for the people who do not understand DNA's humor. Really sad for them.

message 35: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Ranee wrote: "I feel bad for the people who do not understand DNA's humor. Really sad for them."

Tomah! 8'O

message 36: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments 20% pa lang ako sa book, wait!

Pero gusto ko lang sabihin: the towel thing actually makes sense. :P

message 37: by Krizia Anna (new)

Krizia Anna (krizia_lazaro) | 520 comments On fairness I'm liking the book ah. Tawa ako n tawa kahit mgisa

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments @Krizia, ingatz lang share mo yan tawa mo ha, mahirap tumatawa mag-isa....hahaha! joke.

message 39: by Krizia Anna (new)

Krizia Anna (krizia_lazaro) | 520 comments Gusto ko nga tumawa sa lrt nahiya lang ako!

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments ha? nasa Lrt ka nasa Mrt lang ako hhahaha!

message 41: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Krizia Anna wrote: "Gusto ko nga tumawa sa lrt nahiya lang ako!"

Hay, naku. Ako kaya tawa nang tawa sa LRT habang binabasa ko 'to. Pake naman nila, noh. Basta masaya ako.

Baka one of these makita mo kong binabasa ko 'to.
Makitawa ka na lang din sa akin. :D

message 42: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Po wrote: "@Krizia, ingatz lang share mo yan tawa mo ha, mahirap tumatawa mag-isa....hahaha! joke."

Based from experience ba ang paalala na 'to, PO?

message 43: by Krizia Anna (new)

Krizia Anna (krizia_lazaro) | 520 comments Anu kaya isipin nila pagdalawa tyo nagtatawanan. Haha

Tuklas Pahina (TP) | 1191 comments @ Krizia, it means masarap magbasa ng books hahaha! itsura pa lang natin book lover na.

message 45: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments glad you like THHGTTG! more fun, more laughs! keep them coming!

message 46: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Sa mga nakabasa na ng THHGTTG pahiram purty please? Nakatatlong Book Sale na ako kahapon, wala pa rin. Tough luck. :(

message 47: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Angus wrote: "Sa mga nakabasa na ng THHGTTG pahiram purty please? Nakatatlong Book Sale na ako kahapon, wala pa rin. Tough luck. :("

Sa NBS North Edsa sa Bargain section nila marami, Angus.

Mga 200 or 300+ ata. :)

Gora na!

message 48: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments I'd only waste P300+ for writers I really like or writers I find intriguing. I don't know Adams yet, so presyong Book Sale muna siya.

message 49: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Angus wrote: "I'd only waste P300+ for writers I really like or writers I find intriguing. I don't know Adams yet, so presyong Book Sale muna siya."

It's still your choice, Formidable One.

message 50: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments IKR!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.