Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Did peeta loves katniss before he got hijacked?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 29, 2012 01:50AM) (new)

Did peeta loves katniss before he got hijacked? what do you think?? cause i think peeta never really showing his emotions

Astra Well, duh!!! Of course he did!!! With books there are some things you just know.

Helen Stevens he told her he loved her since the first time he laid eyes on her - that's why he burnt the bread for her when they were little, even though he knew he'd get in trouble!

Michaela lol I think he loved her in an utterly selfless and devoted way.

Jacqui Of COURSE Peeta loved Katniss!!

Bethany See peeta always has; & always will love katniss. <3

Christina the reason he was hijacked and tortured was because he was still trying to save Katniss and the rest of District 13 by letting them know that they would be dead by morning or whatever. That was the reason they tortured him/hijacked, he was being tortured, but they hijacked him when he gave them a hint. Also, he was trying to protect Katniss still, by doing what Snow ordered by telling everyone to cease-fire.

Michelle Knox His actions and devotion to her throught all of the books.....before the hijacking of course.....all signaled love. Even from childhood!

Ivana Let me quote:

“...I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstaces are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life." Peeta says. "I would never be happy again. It's different for you. I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. But there are other people who'd make your life worth living. No one really needs me,"

Isn't it obvious? :)

Monica Yes he "loved" her even before the games. i thought peeta was obsess with katniss. Being in love with someone from afar. He was a creepy character in my opinion

Kirby Christina wrote: "the reason he was hijacked and tortured was because he was still trying to save Katniss and the rest of District 13 by letting them know that they would be dead by morning or whatever. That was th..."

oh...I thought that he had already been hijacked before he warned 13. didn't katniss mention how he looked funny right before he said the warning? like he was trying to get something out but couldn't? I thought that that was why the capitol let him on air, b/c he was brainwashed and they thought he was incapable of giving a warning...am I the only one who thought that?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

how about katniss?

message 13: by Beth (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beth of course he loved her and on some level she loved him. Thats why hijacking him was so perfect. They turned him against her because they knew that in some shape or form whether it be friendship or romantic love, they cared deeply for each other, therefore causing immense pain for Katniss when he came back all hating on her.

i thought it was obvious that he loved her, like how upset he got when he found out it was all a sham and how he devoted himself to protecting her in the Quarter Quell even though she was desperately trying to protect him. Theres so much evidence throughout the books of how much he loved her. Its kinda cheesy sometimes

Black Queen What? peeta always love katniss even when they first met as kids..:D

Katherine Ivana wrote: "Let me quote:

“...I don't want you forgetting how different our circumstaces are. If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life." Peeta says. ..."

perfect quote to prove the point. Peeta obviously loved Katniss in a child sweet heart/two ships crossing in the night kind of way

message 16: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie i think yas he did love katniss it talls in the fost book ooooooooooo love:D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Black Queen wrote: "What? peeta always love katniss even when they first met as kids..:D"

but didnt peeta say it just for capitol?

Marisa Peeta loved Katniss ever since they were like five and Katniss sang a song in school. Plus he admitted it during the interviews. So he obviously loved her before the tracker jacker venom.

Kayla He probably knew that it would work to their advantage if he told the Capitol he loved Katniss, but he really did love her. Remember the end scene where they're talking outside the train and Peeta is so hurt because he found out Katniss was acting the whole time? There were no cameras thewre and he was obviously genuinely hurt...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayla wrote: "He probably knew that it would work to their advantage if he told the Capitol he loved Katniss, but he really did love her. Remember the end scene where they're talking outside the train and Peeta ..."

thank you for your explanation. all this time i thought peeta just told capitol he loved katniss just for capitol and actually he lied:/

message 21: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Of course, he anounced it on live tv.

Sajeda He did love her but he didnt show it as much as he should have. However it was still obvious

Leslie A loved her always.

message 24: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Ellen Peeta was genuine it was obvious he just said it on TV for the sponsors he joined cato and the guy to protect her he did love her before being hijacked even before the arena he took a beaten of his bad mum to feed her and he was hurt when katniss says we just forget he said I don't want to forget when katniss kiss him when he was messed up she said stay with me and he went always he loved her

Laurisa Yes of course he did. The hijacking actually made him lose interest in her until the very end.

message 26: by Francisco (new)

Francisco Patiño Why guys forget that it was just a crush until their First games? a crush an admiration for something she represented to him something he builded up ,He got to know her nasty personality and her mood changes and when they were risking their lives for each other the Persona his crush was built upon just became real to him so then he fell in love

Hannah Peeta so loved her its super obvious especially in the first and second books when all he was trying to do is save her even above himself.

message 28: by Kai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kai Embers Monica wrote: "Yes he "loved" her even before the games. i thought peeta was obsess with katniss. Being in love with someone from afar. He was a creepy character in my opinion"

I absolutely agree! He was creepy.

Victoria Peeta is a very genuine person, he was obviously in love with Katniss throughout the books. He was very devoted to her.

message 30: by Francisco (new)

Francisco Patiño his affection and respect for her tempered by his good nature means that he was deeply in love with her since the very begining? yikes no