THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Giveaways

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) Help! I'm planning to give away two copies of each of my books, but am getting cold feet. When I looked at the giveaways page, I found that it was called 'Firstreads' and is geared to new and forthcoming books. Is it okay to list old books? My three books were published in 1998, 2007 and 2009. Would there be any interest them? And also, where are giveaways listed? I don't see any on the GR homepage.

message 2: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 30 comments You can find Giveaways under the Explore menu.

I'm just a reader, but I've seen many older books listed under Giveaways. I imagine interest would be based more on the genre of the book than when it was originally published.

message 3: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) Thanks, mlady_rebecca! That really helps!

message 4: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments I have a book in the Goodreads contest right now. I believe the book has to be published in the last six months to be allowed in the contest, but I'd email them and ask to make sure. When you list a book for the giveaway they list all the details on the side bar as you are entering your info. Hope this helps.

message 5: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) Hi L.A.! I'd put the books up before I saw your message, but as it has to go through a process of approval, I guess it's all right. I just left the book release date blank as I either didn't know or couldn't remember. Good luck with your book!

message 6: by Harini (new)

Harini Gopalswami Srinivasan (harinigs) Sorry I didn't make myself clear -- my giveaway has been approved, and is up there on the list. So there is clearly no age limit -- good news for all us authors! But many thanks, Jason, for your thoughtful suggestion.

message 7: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 30 comments Older books are definitely allowed. Last year they had "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon posted, which was celebrating its 20th anniversary at the time.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Slotto (liv2write2day) | 11 comments Are we allowed to do more than one giveaway with the same book?

message 9: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Victoria wrote: "Are we allowed to do more than one giveaway with the same book?"

Yes, definitely. In fact, we encourage authors to do two giveaways, spaced a few months apart. We find that both will be effective.

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Slotto (liv2write2day) | 11 comments Thanks, Patrick. Will do.