City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Who Should Play Who in the Movie

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Suzy I think Bonnie Wright from Harry Potter should play Clary. If she curled her hair, anyways. Who do you think could play the characters?

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ Clary has already been casted as Lily Collins. Jamie Cambell Bower is playing Jace also.

Not sure if you were asking who was/should or just a fantasy cast :P

Dream cast wise, I think Alex Pettyfer (or however you spell it) would of been a great Jace.

Kasey I'm not sure. I'm just excited there is going to be a movie =]

Amethyst there's going to be a film who is making it? i think it would need to be new/unknown people for the younger cast.

Abby is there rly going to be a moviee??

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie Campbell bower has plauged the movie. Havn't seen his acting yet though, so....

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going with this: people who can play the part WELL. Not just the people who look like the character!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ditto...

Olivia Alex Pettyfer would be an amazing Jace.

message 10: by Brenda (last edited Feb 29, 2012 05:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda Gonzalez A lot of people think that Alex pettyfer should play Jace, but he turned down the role

Olivia Brenda wrote: "A lot of people think that Alex pettyfer should play Jace, but he turned down the role"

I know he turned it down. But he is absolutely perfect for it.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Olivia wrote: "Brenda wrote: "A lot of people think that Alex pettyfer should play Jace, but he turned down the role"

I know he turned it down. But he is absolutely perfect for it."

I think Pettyfer looks like Jace, but the best acting he did was in Beastly and it wasn't really doing much except trying to win a girl. Which is kinda what Jace is trying to do, so you never know. Maybe he would be good for it. xD

message 13: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Alex Pettyfer would have been the Jace of my dreams :( I love him as an actor, he always plays bad guy's role so he would be perfect to Jace. Moreover he's sooooo handsome and physically he looks like Cassandra Clare's Jace.
I think Lily Collins would be awesome as Clary; I also liked Emma Roberts to play Clary :)

message 14: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I don't know whay, but I think Jeremy Sumpter would be good for Jace. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alex Pettyfer and he would be perfect for the role. But when I think of them making the movie, I automatically picture Jeremmy Sumpter..... O.o

message 15: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Anna wrote: "I don't know whay, but I think Jeremy Sumpter would be good for Jace. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alex Pettyfer and he would be perfect for the role. But when I think of them making the movie, I aut..."

Jeremy Sumpter also would have been awesome :) I loved him in PeterPan

Georgia Jamie Campbell Bower is not very good as Jace, i dont think. I'm pretty happy about Lilly Collins tho.

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Georgette wrote: "i always thought that the people who are on the front cover of the book should be that cast in the movie. how awesome would it be if will herondale from the infernal devices was acted out by the mo..."

That would be heaven<3 lol

Darlene I'm fine with Lily as Clary & Jamie as Jace (even though I so wanted Pettyfer). I hope Nicholas Hoult plays Alec & Courtney Cox as Maryse. I always pictured Ashley Greene for Isabelle but I wouldn't want Alice Cullen in this movie.

message 19: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Replogle im preeeety sure Alex Pettyfer is crazy for turning down the role of jace. I mean, seriously, who wouldnt want to be jace? (excluding girls) :)

message 20: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Mist .:.rockclimbingirl.:. wrote: "Clary has already been casted as Lily Collins. Jamie Cambell Bower is playing Jace also.

Not sure if you were asking who was/should or just a fantasy cast :P

Dream cast wise, I think Alex Pettyfe..."

So true!

message 21: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate I don't know about the rest of the cast, but I think Logan Lerman is the best choice for Simon.

message 22: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Also, I'm justeager to see another movie with Logan Lerman in it :P

Gauri I just imagine Jace and Clary differently in my head when I'm reading :) x

message 24: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Therese wrote: "I don't know if his English is good enough, but I think T.O.P would be really good as Magnus Bane. Like, the perfect choice.
What do you think?
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19......"

I love T.O.P, but I just can't see him as Magnus. He's hot, but I don't think he'd be able to play a role with so much speaking- his English may not be good enough.