Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Miscellaneous > The Book Jackets

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (last edited Apr 01, 2012 06:16PM) (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Okay, another strange topic, but I noticed several things while looking at the book jackets. The first book's is very obvious. The pin that Madge gives Katniss. However, also, you can see the very close together crop circles, which I think represents the Capitol's control. The second book's had a mockingjay and circle, which was, on closer examination, divided into 12 parts just like the Quarter Quell's arena. The third, I found most interesting. You can see the mockingjay, which has finally "broken free" from the close-knit crop circles which encased it in the first two books. It must represent when the Capitol finally falls and the people are not under its strict control. Does this sound reasonable?

message 2: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 31 comments wow, those are very good observations! nice! I'll have to look closer when I get my books back.

message 3: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Kirby wrote: "wow, those are very good observations! nice! I'll have to look closer when I get my books back."

Thanks!

message 4: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 483 comments Mod
Wow that was detailed. But impressive, Never noticed that!

message 5: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) can you post pics cos the english covers are different

message 6: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Percyjacksonistherealhero wrote: "can you post pics cos the english covers are different"

Sure. They'll be in the "photos" tab.

message 7: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) k thanks

message 8: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
You're welcome.

message 9: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) xx

message 10: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 31 comments Percyjacksonistherealhero wrote: "can you post pics cos the english covers are different"

what do the english covers look like?

message 11: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) they just say HG with like a bird through them

message 12: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews, Assistant Head Mod >♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) | 167 comments Mod
Yeah I noticed that too when Iwas bored at the bookstore since I don't have the pictures on my Kindle....

message 13: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments I think the other circles on the cover represent the districts, and then in Mockingjay the circles are all broken apart because they are free from the Capitol.

message 14: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Maybe that's a shorter version of what I was trying to say. :)

message 15: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments :D

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Leah wrote: "Okay, another strange topic, but I noticed several things while looking at the book jackets. The first book's is very obvious. The pin that Madge gives Katniss. However, also, you can see the ve..."

OMG, I never noticed any of that! You seriously thought everything through, and I think that sounds exactly as it should be:)

message 17: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Thanks! :)