The Hunger Games discussion

Trivia Questions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
Feel free to ask and answer Hunger Games questions here!

message 2: by Leah (new)

Leah | 77 comments This is one I've been thinking about for a while: If a tribute was crowned victor, do you think he would be allowed to volunteer to take someone's place if he was still of age?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
Yes. Because Peeta and Katniss where both victors and went back

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
Trivia: What is Haymitche's arena like? How did he rebel?

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah | 77 comments Emily wrote: "Trivia: What is Haymitche's arena like? How did he rebel?"

Haymitch's arena was a beautiful meadow/forest/mountain. The arena was proven to be just as deadly as the others, however. Haymitch rebelled when he and the girl from District 1 were left to vie for the crown. After both suffering what could and should have been fatal injuries, the girl from 1 throws an ax in Haymitch's direction, hoping to deliver the death blow. Haymitch ducks just in time, saving his life. The ax falls into a deep canyon Haymitch had discovered earlier. A minute later, the ax flies back out of the canyon, burying itself in the unsuspecting tribute's head. (Haymitch knew about the force field at the bottom.) He was crowned victor, but the Capitol thought of this act as an act of rebellion. Two weeks later, Haymitch's brother, mother, and girlfriend were dead.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah | 77 comments Okay, I've got one...Who's Blight, where's he from, and how did he die?

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
I have no idea who Blight is but:
Who's Thresh?
What does he do that's important?
Who does Thresh live with?
Who kills him?
What district is he from?

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah | 77 comments Thresh is the male tribute from District 11 in the 74th Hunger Games. He lets Katniss escape death because of her alliance with Rue. Thresh lives with his grandmother and sister. He is killed by Cato.

(Also: Blight is the male tribute from District 7(Johanna's partner) in the 75th Games. He died when he hit the force field during the blood rain in the arena.)

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
What do you think the traps in the capitol look like in the third book?

message 10: by Hilton (new)

Hilton | 16 comments Poison darts, Trackerjackers,and more DEADLY things that can kill people SLOWLY+PAINFULLY!!!!Yeah more depressing things in this amazing book series.

message 11: by Leah (new)

Leah | 77 comments Emily wrote: "What do you think the traps in the capitol look like in the third book?"

Terrifying

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 142 comments Mod
I think of them like colorful bubbles just floating and once they are popped, then you have a problem