Beyond Reality discussion

SERIES—List & Discussions > Honor Harrington--Interested in leading the Honor Harrington discussion?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

I have good news and bad news. Bad news: Chris won't be able to lead the series discussion anymore. Good news: that means we have an opportunity for someone to take over.

Our new discussion leader should be someone who has actively participated in the discussion so far and is planning to read the remaining books in the series to set up the topics every month and basically do what Chris has been doing. Please post a message if you're interested in this. If we don't get any takers, either Chris or I will just set up the threads for all the remaining books so readers can continue the discussion independently.

Thanks to Chris for doing an absolutely awesome job with the discussion for the past six months!

Stefan

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments I will lead the discussions if no one else steps forward. I have not read all of the books yet, so it would be a lead-as-I-go sort of thing.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Thanks for that, Jon. It's not a bad discussion to lead, as the participants pretty much run with it.

I was concerned with my new apathy bleeding into it though, so thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone else might take over. I didn't feel right continuing to lead a series that I didn't think I'd continue reading.

And thanks, Stefan!

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 298 comments Chris-I am so sorry to hear of your breakup, I thought you guys were good together!

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Thanks, Maggie. We certainly were for awhile.

but I can't afford the co-payments on my prolong anymore.

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 298 comments yeah, long distance relationships are tough.
At least you can still be friends...;)

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) I can help Jon lead the discussions.

message 8: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Chris wrote: "I can help Jon lead the discussions."

Thanks, Chris.

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) Welcome, Jon.

message 10: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Alrighty. Would co-leaders sound good to both of you? I really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any help from me. I'll continue to move the books to the "currently reading" shelf as needed, but aside from that it's all yours!

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Thanks for stepping in to help, Chris...

message 12: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Chris wrote: "Thanks for stepping in to help, Chris..."

Thanks for not completely abandoning ship! :)

message 13: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Stefan wrote: "Alrighty. Would co-leaders sound good to both of you? I really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any help from me. I'll continue to move the books to the "currently reading" shelf as needed, ..."

Sounds great to me.

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) It's fine with me.

message 15: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Alright, you are hereby both fully vested to act out the powers accorded to the office of Official Honor Harrington Series Discussion Co-Leader. Use your powers for the good of the people.

(My only request is: let me or Candiss know if you need assistance. I don't follow these threads closely, because I still hope to read this series and don't want to see any spoilers. So, if you actually need anything to be moderated, let Candiss or myself know.)

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) :rubs hands gleefully together:

Thanks Stefan.

message 17: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Chris wrote: ":rubs hands gleefully together:

Thanks Stefan."

Ditto. :P