Hunger Games discussion

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
This topic is about Mockingjay
Mockingjay > Military Action

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) I liked the military action, probably becuase I want to join the Navy. I found the stuff they did cool and epic. So who elsed liked the miltary stuff that occured?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked how it got Katniss involved with more modern fighting techniques along with keeping her bow incorporated too. (bomb arrows, Gale's high tech bow w/ scopes and stuff, modern technology in Katniss's bow)

My favorite part of this book was when they were going through the city denoting the pods, it was creative and (fun??) or at least interesting.

While Katniss wasn't super involved w/ strategies, it was nice that she displayed some help with that too.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
I did like the pods, it seemed like it could be a book in itself! They were so cool- not to be weird or anything

message 4: by Beth (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:44PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beth (beth_jones8) i wasn't so fond of it cause i'm a real anti-violence kind of person but i do think that it was necessary. Not all revolutions can be successful through peaceful action... unfortunately. It was nice to see Katniss all kick ass in something other than The Hunger Games themselves and to have Gale in action too. Throughout the books you know he's physically capable and stuff but he doesn't really show off until Mockingjay. Even though he goes a little over the top and you know... kinda kills Prim.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

And all that.

Also, it showed that Peeta wasn't some kind of perfect angel that she was hurting by existing. It made him a lot more real and therefore made me reevaluate his Gary-Stu qualities. I love characters that aren't perfect.

message 6: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "i wasn't so fond of it cause i'm a real anti-violence kind of person but i do think that it was necessary. Not all revolutions can be successful through peaceful action... unfortunately. It was nic..."

Please don't swear. It's in the rules. If you swear again I'm afraid I'll have to kick you out of the group. Sorry, just a warning.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Snickerdoodle wrote: "And all that.

Also, it showed that Peeta wasn't some kind of perfect angel that she was hurting by existing. It made him a lot more real and therefore made me reevaluate his Gary-Stu qualities. I ..."

good point, it showed the worst in the characters

Beth (beth_jones8) Lauren wrote: "Beth wrote: "i wasn't so fond of it cause i'm a real anti-violence kind of person but i do think that it was necessary. Not all revolutions can be successful through peaceful action... unfortunatel..."

What'd i say?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:22PM) (new)

Beth wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Beth wrote: "i wasn't so fond of it cause i'm a real anti-violence kind of person but i do think that it was necessary. Not all revolutions can be successful through peaceful action...."

Beth " ... Not all revolutions can be successful through peaceful action... unfortunately. It was nice to see Katniss all kick ass in something other than The Hunger Games themselves and to have Gale in action too. ... "

message 10: by Beth (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beth (beth_jones8) Ohh... terribly sorry, cultural thing. that's lost its 'bad word' status here. I'll do my best to use less impact words. Sozmuffin

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Beth wrote: "Ohh... terribly sorry, cultural thing. that's lost its 'bad word' status here. I'll do my best to use less impact words. Sozmuffin"

Yesah, I know what u mean, I'm sure Lauren won't be mad anymore.

Back to the topic?

message 12: by Beth (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beth (beth_jones8) It's all good. She was right though, it was in the rules. My bad.

Agreed, i think the miliatry action added to the sense of the reality of the situation they were facing.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely, instead of the action coming just from bows and knifes, it was nice to see bombs and guns too. Modern warfare is more techy like mockingjay, so its more relateable, although I do enjoy the hand/hand action more. :)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Sam wrote: "Definitely, instead of the action coming just from bows and knifes, it was nice to see bombs and guns too. Modern warfare is more techy like mockingjay, so its more relateable, although I do enjoy ..."

Yeah, I agree.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) So what do you think about Katniss' bow and arrows that Beetee made for her?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I was kinda jealous

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) I know! I loved that when she spoke to the bow it hummed....I was like, "I so want that!"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I want that bow.

message 19: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
I'm not mad just tryin' to stay true to my rules. ;)

message 20: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
I wish i could get a bow and arrow, espically one that responded to me when i talked... talk about awesome:)

That would be so epic

message 22: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

It would and i would brag about itso much that no one would want to be my friend... then i would feel bad

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) What do guys think about Finnick's special trident?

message 24: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

I dont know i was trying to think what it would do, like come back after he throws it and shoots electricity ;D

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) I know it was AWESOME!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

The trident? Yeah, if it was anything like Katniss's bow, it was be amazing.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Yeah it would! Since he had a device that brought it back to his hand...

Anyone read Percy Jackson? Sounds like his sword, riptide :)
And Poseidon is like D4 :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

True, true. Sometimes I wonder if authors are influenced by other authors like that...

I think every story has many of the sAme aspects

message 31: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

I LOVE PERCY JACKSON!!! two of my favourite things... greek mythology and fiction :)

message 33: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new) - rated it 5 stars

=)

Emily (elmwoo) ok, Lydia and Charlie, here is a warning, for now.