What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
This topic is about Anna
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Anna is title of the book, takes place in Russia[s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angie I am searching for a book I believe the name is Anna. It takes place in Russia 1800's. It was written before 1993 possibly late 1980's early 90's. I know there is a sequel and I only have a guess that the sequel is titled Katrina. I think it would be considered Historical romance. At least it seemed like a romance when I read it 20 years ago. It is not Anna Karenina.

message 2: by Darcy (last edited Feb 28, 2012 02:18PM) (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments Could it be The Russians series, The Crown And The Crucible is the first book?
It was originally published in 1995 though.

message 3: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited Feb 29, 2012 01:08PM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments This might be Anna by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. It's the first of the Kirov Saga. It's looks like it was published in 1991.

Anna by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

As Paris recoils from the turbulent political events of 1803, young English governess Anne Peters is penniless, homeless . . . and alone.

But while France prepares for war she seizes the chance of escape -- and the beginning of a new life in the service of the dashing Count Nikolai Kirov. It means a new home -- in the glittering Russian city of St Petersburg. And it means a new identity -- as Anna Petrovria.

Thrown headfirst into the flamboyant and demanding circle of her new employer and his family, Anna suddenly finds her life revolving around the city's splendor and the wild, untamed beauty of the Caucasus Mountains.

But as Napoleon gathers his army for the final attack on Imperialist Russia, beautiful English Anna must prepare for a battle of the heart -- her forbidden love for a man and a country she may never call her own...

Fleur by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

The year is 1851, and Victorian England is at the height of its self-confidence: the greatest industrial nation in the world, vigorous, inquisitive, self-reliant, and generous.

Young Fleur Hamilton is truly a product of the era .Intelligent and independent, she is also utterly innocent in matters of love and the ways of men. So she is unprepared, while visiting St. Petersburg, for the feelings provoked by Count Sergei Kirov, the vibrant, enigmatic Russian with a tragic secret. In the gilded splendor of his city, Fleur falls in love with Kirov and with the mystical, barbaric beauty of Russia. But their two countries are on the brink of war, and Kirov is on the verge of a marriage of convenience with the daughter of Fleur's host.

From the sophistication of Imperial Petersburg to the rustic simplicity of the Crimea: from elegant country house parties to the agony and squalor of besieged Sebastopol, Fleur follows her heart and tries to unravel the mystery of Kirov, to learn what binds the threads of her life so closely to his.

Rich with historical and romantic drama, Fleur is a worth sequel to the acclaimed Anna.

Emily by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

Though the granddaughter of an earl, Emily Paget is still a poor relation, living on the good graces and large estate of her aunt and uncle, but determined to earn her own living. This disgraceful ambition moves her aunt to take action: Emily must be married off respectably.

Onto the stage steps her Russian grandmother, who takes her back to Russia to find the freedom and intellectual stimulation she craves. But Emily also falls in love for the first time - with another woman's husband. Drawing room revolutionaries and the dangerous glamour of their politics offer Emily a distraction, but when the brutal 1917 revolution does arrive, she finds herself called upon to rescue the wife and children of the man she loves, without knowing if he is dead or alive

message 4: by Angel (new)

Angel | 1 comments I think you're talking about The Royal Diaries: Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 written by Carolyn Meyer :)

Angie Amber- thank you! I believe that is the series. I am going to have to find it and read it now. Thanks, again! Amber wrote: "This might be Anna by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. It's the first of the Kirov Saga. It's looks like it was published in 1991.

Anna by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

As Paris recoils from the turbulent poli..."

D wrote: "Could it be The Russians series, The Crown And The Crucible is the first book?
It was originally published in 1995 though."

D wrote: "Could it be The Russians series, The Crown And The Crucible is the first book?

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments You're welcome. Enjoy reading the book/s again.