Percy Jackson Fan Club! discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson and the Olympians! > The Lightning Thief!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (last edited Feb 04, 2015 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 15305 comments Mod
The first book that started our addiction!

message 2: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

XD, Nice!

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

:)

message 4: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lighting Thief is awesome! 'How about I kick you in your soft spot and make you sing soprano for a week?'

Savannah | 4231 comments Percy was so funny in this one!

message 6: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ikr? I love seeing the characters as kids as they grow up. Haha, when they're younger they're awesomer for me

Summer Heaton | 379 comments percy percy percy . . . UR AWESOME!!!

Savannah | 4231 comments He was just so naive and funny... like 12 year olds are

message 9: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elisar (ehlihr) | 13295 comments Mod
Yeah. I saw him as a kid the whole series, until the BotL and the LO. Gods, I loved mini-Percy.

message 10: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yuppers.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments And that side of him still hasn't change a bitXD

message 12: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, right? He's still an awesome kid at heart. Who's seventeen and could be dead. :/

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments DON'T MENTION IT!!!:(((((((((

message 14: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hehe. This reminds me of that thing I wrote. Personally, I'd like that for the books. I love Percy, but I want to feel more than, "Yay they won again." Know what I mean?

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments FireboltMidnight13906 ~Elisar~ wrote: "Hehe. This reminds me of that thing I wrote. Personally, I'd like that for the books. I love Percy, but I want to feel more than, "Yay they won again." Know what I mean?"

Yes, a part of my brain who hates cliche ending wants it to end differently but...then my part of my brain who likes happiness disagrees and NOW I'M CONFUSED:(

message 16: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah. If there's one thing I hate, it's a clichéd ending.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments But I want a happy yet not a cliche ending.

message 18: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

*Sigh* I don't know how, but I think Rick may be able to do it.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments This is RR we're talkin' 'bout!

message 20: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

:D Yeah! He can do ANYTHING [except leave us without a cliffy.]

message 22: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

xD

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments ALL of his book have cliffies!

message 24: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

I KNOW.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 982 comments Where's the love, man? WHERE'S THE LOVE?!

message 26: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 28: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

:D

message 29: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Same. I love being surprised. :D

message 30: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah. True. I mean, there was this book I read, and I literally predicted everything that happened. It was so boring, and so standard, y'know?

Celia (menel-char-pippin-ronald-sasha) | 5358 comments True...

message 33: by Savannah (last edited Feb 21, 2013 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Savannah | 4231 comments WHOAAAA GUYS I THINK I GOT SOMEONE TO READ THE LIGHTNING THIEF BUT I WAS HAVING A FANGIRL HEART ATTACK!!!! IT WAS REALLY SCARY!!!

message 34: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

XD that's awesome!

Savannah | 4231 comments Dude you don't even know the story...

So our Language Arts class was in the library and one of my friends came up and asked me for a good book. I zip over to Rick Riordan's part and hand her The Lightning Thief. "This! It's funny, awesome, action packed, and just AGH AMAZING!"

And guess what she says?

"Oh... I already saw the movie."

Me: AJF JQAHSFHAFHHSHAHAHAAHAHAHHHH NO. JUST NO. The book is WAYYY better! Just trust me on this one.

Her: No, it's okay. I already saw the movie.

ME: NOOOOO READ IT YOU MUST THE BOOK IS WAYYYY BETTER!!!!! THE MOVIE IS TRASH!

Her: Savannah, stop, I already saw the movie. I'll just read another book.

Me: NO NO NONONONO THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! *drags her to my teacher* She says that she's not going to read the book just because SHE ALREADY SAW THE MOVIE!!!

Teacher: NO! The book is way better! The movie is horrible compared to the book.

Girl: Um... okay...

ME: YESSSS THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

message 36: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

You... You're a miracle worker! :D

Celia (menel-char-pippin-ronald-sasha) | 5358 comments Totally. They barely even folowed the plot in the Percy Jackson movie! One of my friends watches the movie before reading any kind of book and I'm just like "you don't do that!"

And I really hate it when people are like "The book killed the movie." I'm just like '?!?!?!?!?!?!' THE MOVIE KILLED THE BOOK!!!! THE BOOK CAME FIRST AND IT IS ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celia (menel-char-pippin-ronald-sasha) | 5358 comments Nice. haha, I like it. :)

message 39: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Savannah wrote: "Dude you don't even know the story...

So our Language Arts class was in the library and one of my friends came up and asked me for a good book. I zip over to Rick Riordan's part and hand her The ..."

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

Tell your friend my reaction to her saying "I already saw the movie":
[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

(view spoiler)

message 40: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Awww, man! None of the gifs showed up -_-

Savannah | 4231 comments let us all take a moment of silence for Izzy... for none of her gifs showed up.

-_-

Savannah | 4231 comments Shyam wrote: "Oh lol!! Always read the book before Hollywood spoils it."

EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU!!!

Savannah | 4231 comments Celia-Menel-Char-Pippin wrote: "Totally. They barely even folowed the plot in the Percy Jackson movie! One of my friends watches the movie before reading any kind of book and I'm just like "you don't do that!"

And I really hate..."

who says that? let me come over and punch them in the face... please?

Savannah | 4231 comments Shyam wrote: "It fits. :D
Why did the Lightning Thief movie change the story?"

So... so many things.

There was no 'quest'

No St. Louis Arch

No Tunnel of Love

No Percabeth cute little banters- only romancey stuff... bleh.

What the heck... why did Percy and Luke start fighting?

Oh... and the actors were OLD!!!!! NOT TWELVE OR THIRTEEN!!!!! AHGASDJGLKJASD;KF J;Q

NO. NOT OKAY.

message 45: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Savannah wrote: "let us all take a moment of silence for Izzy... for none of her gifs showed up.

-_-"

*facepalm*

message 46: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new) - rated it 5 stars

Savannah wrote: "So our Language Arts class was in the library and one of my friends came up and asked me for a good book. I zip over to Rick Riordan's part and hand her The Lightning Thief. "This! It's funny, awesome, action packed, and just AGH AMAZING!"

And guess what she says?

"Oh... I already saw the movie.""

Tell your friend my reactions/message to her:

(view spoiler)

message 47: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new) - rated it 5 stars

OMB, Iz. I love it.

Sidenote: I LOVE WoWP! Am I the only one who cried when it was over?

My gifs:

Savannah | 4231 comments Izzy99 ~* Shadowhunter *~ wrote: "Savannah wrote: "let us all take a moment of silence for Izzy... for none of her gifs showed up.

-_-"

*facepalm*"

hehe :)

Savannah | 4231 comments Izzy99 ~* Shadowhunter *~ wrote: "Savannah wrote: "So our Language Arts class was in the library and one of my friends came up and asked me for a good book. I zip over to Rick Riordan's part and hand her The Lightning Thief. "This!..."

lol awesome :) I'm just glad I didn't start screaming in the middle of the library...

Savannah | 4231 comments Doctor Peanut Fluffybutt ~Ελιζαρ~ wrote: "OMB, Iz. I love it.

Sidenote: I LOVE WoWP! Am I the only one who cried when it was over?

My gifs:

"

haha awesome :)

« previous 1