♥Books, Coffee, Music & Ireland♥ discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,037 (1037 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Caity | 4434 comments Mod
Hello everyone new! (including myself ;D)
Welcome to the group! feel free to comment, start discussions and please be sure to have fun! :D

To begin, what are some favorite "randomosities"? mine are pretty much summed up in the group name! ;D with the addition of Tudor History and chic flicks! ;D

message 2: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Sophie | 2550 comments Mod
ok well, as you may have already realised, it would be Jane Austen, chick flics and rom coms and anything romantic - alse love music and playing the piano :)
don't like coffee and tea :S but a nice hot chocolate is lovely...
love that you have Ireland in your group name ;) <3

message 3: by L8blmr (new)

L8blmr The name of your group attracted me instantly - I love each and every one of those things; the only thing that could have made it better would be the addition of chocolate!

message 4: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Oh yes definitely!! Mummm....

message 5: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Love it - members 3 ;)

message 6: by L8blmr (new)

L8blmr One has to start somewhere!

message 7: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

True ;) <3

message 8: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

yay! nice start for the first day! :D so glad you both joined! hot chocolate is nice as well, Soph. ;)
Yes! Chocolate is a definite! we can add it, as the group is for anything random, I just selected a few favorites for the title. ;)
thanks again, ladies, for joining! :D

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments Hello all! How wonderfully random! And I love coffee with whipped cream or hazelnut creamer - the PERFECT companion to any book!
And oh...Love the ladybug picture :)

message 10: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Nicole wrote: "Hello all! How wonderfully random! And I love coffee with whipped cream or hazelnut creamer - the PERFECT companion to any book!
And oh...Love the ladybug picture :)"

IKR?! random is my middle name! ;P Hhhh- me too!!! :D hazelnut is like....AMAZING in ANYTHING! ;D
"I luv ladybugs." *wink* ;D

message 11: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran hi, everyone my name is Juana. I like coke for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, even though I heard it's bad for you.

message 12: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Juana "Darkness" wrote: "hi, everyone my name is Juana. I like coke for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, even though I heard it's bad for you."

well, I said to share your favorites, so if thats one of your favorites, sounds gr8! :D lol
yea, it is pretty bad for you...but every now and then...you just.need.a.coke! LOL

message 13: by L8blmr (new)

L8blmr Wow - stay away for 12 hours or so and the group membership doubles!

I was wondering, oh great Moderator ... is it okay to begin a thread about one or more of the topics in the group's name?

message 14: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

L8blmr wrote: "Wow - stay away for 12 hours or so and the group membership doubles!

I was wondering, oh great Moderator ... is it okay to begin a thread about one or more of the topics in the group's name?"

Haha absolutely! you can start threads whenever! :D
btw all, HAPPY LEAP DAY! :D

message 15: by LadyDisdain (new)

LadyDisdain Hi! This seems like such a fun group. I love all three things in the title (except I'd rather smell coffee than drink it :P). Are you by any chance from Ireland? I would love love love to go there one day *sigh* one can only dream.
Anywho, some randomness: I LOVE Jane Austen (as you know :P), actually most Classic literature, I love writing, playing the flute, blogging and fighting with my younger sister. Also at the moment I am adoring Sherlock (the fairly new BBC series). I've got another friend obsessed with it (more so than me now, *evil laugh*) so my life at the moment is complete. I hope to see you all around the group and talk your ears off >:D

message 16: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

'random is my middle name!'
Agree with you there ;)

and i love all the new members - HELLO EVERYONE!
<3 <3 <3
RANDOM GROUP will be fun :) :D

message 17: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

LadyDisdain wrote: "Hi! This seems like such a fun group. I love all three things in the title (except I'd rather smell coffee than drink it :P). Are you by any chance from Ireland? I would love love love to go there ..."

Lady Disdain, so glad you joined us and can't for you to talk my ears off! ;D no; sadly, I am not from Ireland, but like you, my dream is to visit Ireland and England some day. *sigh* those are gr8 randomosities!(which you will find is a word I use much in this group) thanks for joining!

message 18: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "'random is my middle name!'
Agree with you there ;)

and i love all the new members - HELLO EVERYONE!
<3 <3 <3
RANDOM GROUP will be fun :) :D"

haha thanks! did you see my pic of my dog I put up for you? ;)

message 19: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Hi - Thank you for inviting me to the group Alice. Random...ok well I too love the name of the group as it is very fitting - I obviously love books, I am most certainly a coffee fan and I'm not pic..."

Perfectly random, thank you!!!! =D so glad you joined. ;) I agree, sometimes, tea is just needed more. ;) I think tea def helps me calm down easier...duh. lol ;P welcome, again! ;D

message 20: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments Hello! Thanks so much for inviting me! I love books, my favorites being Jane Austen's, and music! Never been to Ireland, but I've been to England. Close...but maybe no cigar! At this moment, my favorite things are flamingos and palm trees, and no I'm not in florida :( ! The gods were cruel and put me in Alaska! I'm pining for sunshine and heat and flip flops!!!

message 21: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Serena wrote: "Hello! Thanks so much for inviting me! I love books, my favorites being Jane Austen's, and music! Never been to Ireland, but I've been to England. Close...but maybe no cigar! At this moment, my fav..."

Welcome, Serena! Glad to have you with us! No problem, the more the merrier. ;)
Did you like England?!

message 22: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments Yes I did! I know you're a Tudor geek as well, so you would love the historic places. London was the farthest north I've ever been, I mostly stayed in Southampton. It's so beautiful, I'm dying to go back! If you go, don't skip out on the Tower or Hampton Court!

message 23: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

'haha thanks! did you see my pic of my dog I put up for you? ;) '
Not yet!! where did you put it? and thanks <3

message 24: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Serena wrote: "Yes I did! I know you're a Tudor geek as well, so you would love the historic places. London was the farthest north I've ever been, I mostly stayed in Southampton. It's so beautiful, I'm dying to g..."

*siiigh* I have this epicly long list of Tudor sights I want to see! Lol I would love to go to one of those places where they reenact time periods, to an Elizabethan one!! :D

message 25: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "'haha thanks! did you see my pic of my dog I put up for you? ;) '
Not yet!! where did you put it? and thanks <3"

haha I put it under photos. no problem dear! <3

message 26: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

i will look :) xx

message 27: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "i will look :) xx"

;)

message 28: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments Omg a reenactment would be so much fun! I've been wanting to go to a renaissance fair for years, but I'm never in the right place at the right time! Have you been to one? I knew a gal who was in one and sewed her own "posh" Elizabethan costume, it was so exquisite. I kind of want one for myself, just for giggles...but I can't justify spending the money for it!

message 29: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Serena wrote: "Omg a reenactment would be so much fun! I've been wanting to go to a renaissance fair for years, but I'm never in the right place at the right time! Have you been to one? I knew a gal who was in on..."

Oh wow that would be so much fun! and wearing a costume *swoon* so fun! :D no I havent but I'd like to. ;)

message 30: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Alice wrote: "Serena wrote: "Omg a reenactment would be so much fun! I've been wanting to go to a renaissance fair for years, but I'm never in the right place at the right time! Have you been to one? I knew a ga..."

well actually, I went to a small town reenactment of the civil war era a LONG time ago but I'm not much into the era so I didn't much enjoy it.

message 31: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

I really want a Jane Austen style dress...
Tad random but taking about reanactments ;)

message 32: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments Soph wrote: "I really want a Jane Austen style dress...
Tad random but taking about reanactments ;)"

You mean those dresses from the early 1800s, with the really high empire waist? I really want one of those, too! I wish we could get away with wearing those without weird glances directed our way!

message 33: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Yes those!! I know!! I really want those and wanna wear it! Would really flatter my shape too...

message 34: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "Yes those!! I know!! I really want those and wanna wear it! Would really flatter my shape too..."

Ooh me too!!! I'd love a JA dress too! I had one when I was like really young but, obviously, it doesn't fit anymore. ;)
Oh I would so not care, I would totally wear a period drama type dress out n about and, so what, let people stare! ;D Lol

message 35: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

If I had one - I would to!! Well - maybe for my next birthday or something or i know where you can buy a pattern and make it yourself - summer project maybe ;)

message 36: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Soph wrote: "If I had one - I would to!! Well - maybe for my next birthday or something or i know where you can buy a pattern and make it yourself - summer project maybe ;)"

Ooh do you sew?

message 37: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

I have a lot of friends who sew, maybe I'll just have to talk to them. ;)

message 38: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments I'd so wear one out and about, too! Amazon sells patterns for regency dresses for fairly cheap. I don't think it would be too hard to make. Plus you can get cheap muslin for it. Oh no...now I have a compulsion to try and sew one! It does souls like a perfect summer project, Soph!

message 39: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

it really does!!!
and i have done some sewing in the past - don't look to bad!
might well be a project that i might take on!
really want to now!!!

message 40: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Yea and I really want a dress now.. lol on the 17th I'm going to an ECD(English Country Dance) that some friends are putting on, wish I could have it then! lol

message 41: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaflamingo) | 27 comments Wow that's so cool, an English country dance! Do you actually do their old dances?

P.s. forgive my typo earlier, please! Silly auto-correct!

message 42: by Rebecca (Beckee) (new)

Rebecca (Beckee) (beckee12) Alice wrote: "Yea and I really want a dress now.. lol on the 17th I'm going to an ECD(English Country Dance) that some friends are putting on, wish I could have it then! lol"

Sounds Fun!!! A dress would make it more fun...

message 43: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Serena wrote: "Wow that's so cool, an English country dance! Do you actually do their old dances?

P.s. forgive my typo earlier, please! Silly auto-correct!"

Yes, we do! in fact, the dance "caller" told us that one of the dances we do is from a Jane Austen movie...racking my brain to remember which one... this will be my 5th I think. they are SO fun! :D :D
..I didn't even notice a type, but I understand about spell check! XP

message 44: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Alice wrote: "Yea and I really want a dress now.. lol on the 17th I'm going to an ECD(English Country Dance) that some friends are putting on, wish I could have it then! lol"

Sounds Fun!!! A dress..."

IKR? too bad I can't sew. lol

message 45: by Rebecca (Beckee) (new)

Rebecca (Beckee) (beckee12) I sew on a very rare occasion. Do you have costume shops you could rent one from? That maybe an option.

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments ECD is so fun! I also like Civil War dances. My favorite is the Levi Jackson!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Rachel! Love everything in the title...esp.classic books,oldies and Beethoven music.My only addition would be ballet(since I'm training to be a pro)and British films(since I'm totally a wannabe Brit:))Can't wait to get involved!!!

message 48: by Sophie, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

ECD - we don't have those and I am English!!!! I wanna goo....

message 49: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I sew on a very rare occasion. Do you have costume shops you could rent one from? That maybe an option."

Hmm not sure about a costume shop, but lots of thrift stores & friends who can sew. ;)

message 50: by Caity, that crazy moderator (new)

Nicole wrote: "ECD is so fun! I also like Civil War dances. My favorite is the Levi Jackson!"

mine too! and the Golden Gordan!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21