Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Immortals/Mythology Books

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I noticed there isn't a thread about Mytholgy or Immortals and Gods so I thought I'd start one.

RULES
main focus is Immortals/Mythology unless noted otherwise**

if Immortals/Mythology isnt a major part of the series please do not list it.

if a series is listed already please do not add it twice

if there is no cover photo please wait to list until there is one.

PLEASE NOTE WHETHER IMMORTALS/MYTHOLOGY IS VERY MINOR IN THE SERIES, WHAT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE SERIES IS.

message 2: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Jenna Black ~ Nikki Glass ~ main character is a descendant of immortals
Dark Descendant (Nikki Glass, #1) by Jenna Black Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna Black

Kevin Hearne ~ Iron Druid Chronicles ~ Celtic Mythology
Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne

PC Cast ~ Goddess Summoning Series ~ PNR featuring various Goddesses
Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1) by P.C. Cast Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2) by P.C. Cast Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3) by P.C. Cast Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4) by P.C. Cast Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5) by P.C. Cast Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6) by P.C. Cast Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7) by P.C. Cast

message 3: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Young Adult:

Aimee Carter ~ The Goddess Test ~ Myth of the Goddess Peresphone
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) by Aimee Carter

Jennifer Estep ~ Mythos Academy Descentants of Mythology
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) by Jennifer Estep Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) by Jennifer Estep

Kelly Keaton ~ Gods& Monsters ~ Greek Mythology
Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1) by Kelly Keaton A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2) by Kelly Keaton

Terra Lynn Childs ~ Medusa Girls ~ Main characters are descendants of Greek Mythologic creature
Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

Terra Lynn Childs ~ Oh. My. Gods. ~ Descendants of Greek Gods
Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

Trinity Faegen ~ Mephisto Covenant ~ Immortals
The Mephisto Covenant The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen

Meg Cabot ~ Abandon Trilogy ~ Another take on the Myth of Persephone
Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1) by Meg Cabot Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot

Josephine Angelini ~ Starcrossed ~ Greek Gods & Demigods
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) by Josephine Angelini

Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ Half-Blood Covenant Descendants of Gods
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Christal (Badass Book Reviews) | 79 comments PC Cast ~ Partholon Alternate dimension gods and goddesses
Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2) by P.C. Cast Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3) by P.C. Cast Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4) by P.C. Cast Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5) by P.C. Cast

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) Out of Olympus Nice sexy PNR
A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus, #1) by Tina Folsom A Scent of Greek (Out of Olympus #2) by Tina Folsom

Rick Riordan has several series that are YA/Middle Grades but are really fun/cute

Percy Jackson
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Heroes of Olympus
The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan

The Kane Chronicles Egyptian Gods/Goddesses
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles, #2) by Rick Riordan The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3) by Rick Riordan

message 6: by Betelgeuze (last edited Jun 02, 2012 11:23AM) (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments The Dark-Hunter/Dream-Hunter/Were-hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (PNR)

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10; Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #13; Dream-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14; Dream-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #17; Dream-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19; Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #20) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #21; Dream-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #22) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sarah Beauhall (UF: Norse Mytholgy):
Black Blade Blues (Sarah Beauhall #1) by J.A. Pitts Honeyed Words (Sarah Beauhall #2) by J.A. Pitts Forged in Fire (Sarah Beauhall #3) by J.A. Pitts

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry James (mondragoran) | 16 comments Dreams of Darkness Dreams of Darkness by Barry James

Main character fights immortal god collective, based on ancient mythology.

message 8: by BR (new)

BR Kingsolver (brkingsolver) | 19 comments Based on Celtic mythology of the Sidhe and the Goddess Anu in a UF setting. The mythology provides the underlying explanation for the paranormal Gifts of the characters.

The Succubus Gift (Telepathic Clans #1) by B.R. Kingsolver Succubus Unleashed, An Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance (Telepathic Clans #2) by B.R. Kingsolver

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) An Oldie but a goodie A Storm Upon Ulster by Kenneth C. Flint

Max James Moore &   James Allan McConkey (TheDemonsAreAmongUs) | 10 comments I think this one comes under IMMORTALS/MYTHOLOGY :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Demons-Ar...

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2537 comments Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1) by Chelsea Fine Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2) by Chelsea Fine Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3) by Chelsea Fine

Just got into these ones, immortals for sure.

message 12: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Field (jdfield) | 7 comments Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1) by J.D. Field
Has immortals, who have been sleeping since mythological times and wake up as teenagers. I won't give away any more than that, but they're not gods...

message 13: by Jai (new)

Jai I've really enjoyed the Immortals After Dark series, but it's got some R-rated moments, and some silliness.

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole is the first in this long, involved series.

message 14: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Mar 15, 2013 09:39PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 304 comments You might want to look into The Of War series by Lisa Beth Darling I think it mainly focuses on the Greek Gods and Goddesses and one God in particular Aries the Greek God of War, it's main focus is about how Aries meets and falls for a young woman named Alena who appears on an island where Aries was basically exciled by his family.

I've only read the first book but I was in love with it from the first few chapters, I'll be fair and say that although I think it's a wonderful book there are some scenes that may make you uncomfortable so just be weary.

First Book: The Heart of War by Lisa Beth Darling

Second Book: Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2) by Lisa Beth Darling

I'm not entirely sure how the rest of the book order goes, but I'm sure you can find that out,it looks like they're five books in the series so far.

message 15: by April (new)

April | 1 comments Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants, #1) by April White First book of The Immortal Descendants series, with Time, Fate, Nature, War and Death all Immortals.

message 16: by Jen (last edited Apr 10, 2013 12:42AM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series is full of immortals who are sidhe. There isn't as much sex in this series as in the later books of her Anita Blake series, but if you're not a fan of sex in your reading, you'd definitely want to stay away, since as I recall each book has at least some (and no single love interest, either). The sex in this particular series, however, isn't as "bad" as the sex in the Anita Blake series, since 1) it's existed in the multiple-partner format since book one and 2) the main premise of the books is that to become Queen of the Unseelie, Merry must become pregnant.

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Stroke of Midnight (Meredith Gentry, #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry, #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton Divine Misdemeanors (Meredith Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 18: by Shyshy (new)

Shyshy | 27 comments Percy Jackson series
Abandon
Everneath
The Goddess Test series
Oh.My.Gods
Heroes of Olympians

message 19: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) The Eternal Guardians Series by Elisabeth Naughton is about warriors descended from ancient Greek heroes.

Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4) by Elisabeth Naughton Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5) by Elisabeth Naughton Bound (Eternal Guardians, #6) by Elisabeth Naughton

Right now I'm reading the first in the series, in which the hero is a descendant of Hercules.

message 20: by Momreadstoomuch (new)

Momreadstoomuch | 35 comments I never learned how to post the pictures, but I really like the Seressia Glass novels. They include Egyptian Mythology and are so far more UF and less romance.

message 21: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments Ashley wrote: "
Rick Riordan has several series that are YA/Middle Grades but are really fun/cute

Percy Ja..."

I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books, The Heroes of Olympus not as much. Now wondering if I should try The Kane Chronicles(Egyptian Mythology) or will I be disappointed?

message 22: by Mallory (new)

Mallory | 2 comments Alvin wrote: "Ashley wrote: "

Percy Ja..."

I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books, The Heroes of Olympus not as much. Now wo..."

Alvin- I don't think you would. I loved both Percy Jackson and Heroes but I couldn't do the Kane series. It's written in first person from the kids POV. Which would be nice for a young reader but it made me want to slam my head into a brick wall. Just my personal opinion though. If you really dig Egyptian mythology or don't think the POV would bother you, go for it. But I struggled to get through the first one.

message 23: by Momreadstoomuch (new)

Momreadstoomuch | 35 comments Mallory wrote: "Alvin wrote: "Ashley wrote: "

Percy Ja..."

I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books, The Heroes of Olympus not a..."

I really wanted to read the Kane series, but first person and the kids POV might be too much.

message 24: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments Thanks Mallory & Arzella! Appreciate the feedback. Not really into first person, so good to know. *Now off to hunt for the next possible read*

message 25: by Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2013 06:15AM) (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) The Tempestuous series has demigods, berserkir, light elves, dragons, a little humor, sarcasm and, of course, romance.
Tempestuous by Anne Berkeley Torrid by Anne Berkeley

message 26: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 8 comments The Marked Ones by S.K. Munt Three Rings by S.K. Munt

Paranormal romance/Adult/Mermaid/ Sexy/ Epic/Trilogy

message 27: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Didn't see the Age of X series listed:

Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead The Immortal Crown (Age of X, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 28: by T. (last edited Apr 20, 2015 05:15AM) (new)

T. Stedman (tstedman) | 6 comments Soul BreatherBlood SisterShield Maiden Shield Maiden (21st Century Sirens #3) by T. Stedman

New modern take on the mermaid/Atlantis myth with some vampire and magic Blood Sister (21st Century Sirens) by T. Stedman Soul Breather by T. Stedman

message 29: by Biate (new)

Biate JL Armentrout also has a somewhat mythological series based on the Greek Gods. Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (The Covenant series) and spin off series about the Titans The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout .

message 30: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (track_star24) | 23 comments Sorry group, I haven't learned to add pictures but that doesn't stop me from recommending these great reads.

So, how about Laura Kaye's Hearts of the Anemoi series, contains four books about Gods of the Elements. Titles are: North of Need, South of Surrender, West of Want and last but not least East of Ecstasy.

message 31: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) The Walker Papers series has an interesting combination of Celtic and Native American mythology:

Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy Thunderbird Falls (Walker Papers, #2) by C.E. Murphy Coyote Dreams (Walker Papers, #3) by C.E. Murphy Walking Dead (Walker Papers, #4) by C.E. Murphy Demon Hunts (Walker Papers, #5) by C.E. Murphy Spirit Dances (Walker Papers, #6) by C.E. Murphy Raven Calls (Walker Papers, #7) by C.E. Murphy Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers, #8) by C.E. Murphy Shaman Rises (Walker Papers, #9) by C.E. Murphy

message 32: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 8 comments This is all God Vs Satan with nephilim and fallen in it :)

The Given Garden (Eden Chronicles #1) by S.K. Munt
The Forbidden Fruit (Eden Chronicles #2) by S.K. Munt
The Tangled Trees (The Eden Chronicles Book 3) by S.K. Munt