The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > Favorite Paranormal Seris

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marla (new)

Marla | 158 comments I've participated in several discussions about whether people like Twilight better than Fallen or Hush, Hush, and I thought it would be interesting if we could quantify people's preferences...

Please vote on my Pick Your Passion... list:
http://www.goodreads.com/list/user_vo...

Thanks for your input

message 2: by Kym (new)

Kym Grosso (KGrosso1) | 7 comments I have many favorites!

I love JR Ward. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. It is awesome. Also love Charlene Harris, Sookie Stackhouse Series. One of my favorite new authors in Tina Folsom, Scanguard Series.

message 3: by Tellulah (new)

Tellulah Darling (tellulahdarling) Kym wrote: "I have many favorites!

I love JR Ward. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. It is awesome. Also love Charlene Harris, Sookie Stackhouse Series. One of my favorite new authors in Tina Folsom, Scang..."

I love the Black Dagger series too and can't wait for the Blay Qhuinn book. Also Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.

message 4: by Marla (new)

Marla | 158 comments I will have to look into those...so many books and so little time.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Boustead (ReflectionsofaBookWorm) | 21 comments Love at Stake lol! I love it because it is funny as well as suspenseful!

Heather-
http://bookwormrflects8.blogspot.de/

message 6: by Naomi (last edited Apr 16, 2012 11:00PM) (new)

Naomi (tribalcat) Yasmine Galenorn's Otherworld series

Witchling
Changeling
Darkling
Dragon Wytch
Night Huntress
Demon Mistress
Bone Magic
Never After (The Shadow of Mist)
Harvest Hunting
Blood Wyne
Inked (Etched in Silver)
Courting Darkness
Shaded Vision
Shadow Rising (coming in 2012)

The books are based on three human/fae sisters who move from Otherworld to our world and are charged with protecting evil entities from passing through the portals. Camille is a witch, Menolly is a vampire, and Delilah is a werecat. Their small extended "family" includes humans, demons, dragons, and other fae who work alongside them. The books are exciting, original, sexy, and fast-paced. Galenorn is one of my favorite authors and I've enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) all of her series.

message 7: by Mirvan. (new)

Mirvan. Ereon (mirvanereon) | 82 comments Wow this so many........

message 8: by Mirvan. (new)

Mirvan. Ereon (mirvanereon) | 82 comments Does the Nightwatch Series by Sergei Lukyanenko count as a series?

message 9: by Aja (new)

Aja James (ice_baby) My favorite series are by the following authors:
JR Ward (Black Dagger, not the others)
Lynn Viehl
Sherrilyn Kenyon (but not in the past few years)
Deborah Cooke
Jacqueline Frank

Probably got the names spelled wrong...

My main concern though is that the series usually start off really good and build momentum and hook you in, but then at some point things start to derail and new books in the series aren't as good or flat out disappointing. :(