Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Book Discussions > Historical Book of Mormon Fiction?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Odle | 5 comments Does anyone know any historical fiction books that take place during book of mormon times?

message 2: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
H.B. Moore's books are kind of like that. Not exactly fiction, because they follow the same stuff as the Book of Mormon, but they're written like a fiction book, detailed and everything :)

I've only read part of one of her books, though.

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Clarification: are you looking for Book of Mormon fiction (with BOM people in them), or just any historical fiction around 600 BC? I have quite a list of Book of Mormon historical fiction if that's what you are looking for!

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz Odle | 5 comments historical fiction with BOM people in them. Since we really don't know where Nephi and his people actually landed it's hard to get to historical according to what the other people would be like in 600 BC but I'd love to have BOM historical fiction with those people in it.

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (dmandrews) | 89 comments I think I've seen 2-3 series along this idea. Search Deseret Books. I started one myself a few years ago. Got to chapter 9 and then I lost all the data on my PC - and the backup disk failed :(

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (dmandrews) | 89 comments I am, however, working on a short story based on the Book of Mormon...

message 7: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Liz wrote: "historical fiction with BOM people in them. Since we really don't know where Nephi and his people actually landed it's hard to get to historical according to what the other people would be like in..."

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. I have read several fiction books that have Book of Mormon characters that are really good. Of course some (or quite a bit) of the books are speculation, but it at least gives you some ideas of how events could have happened. I love all these books! Here's my list:

Chris Hiemerdinger is the Author of the 1st three I mention here...

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites 11 (soon to be 12!!) book series. The 1st 5 books are exclusively in the BOM and in the rest of the series they go to Bible times as well. Also I believe starting with book nine(??) the author actually has historical notes after every chapter about research he's done and speculation, which can be really cool.

Passage to Zarahemla- This book has Nephites and Lamanites in it, but I don't think there were very many actual people from the BOM in it. Alot of the book is spent in modern time. It was amazing though! And there is a sequel that just barely came out.

Daniel and Nephi- This book explores the possibility that these 2 prophets may have known each other in Jerusalem as boys. Many do not realize they were contemporaries.

Samuel- Really good. Goodreads says there are 2 more books, but I've just read the 1st one.

I have also heard of these books:

Daughter of Helaman
Abish:Daughter of God
Pillar of Fire (promised land series)