The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena question

Curse you Cliffhangers
Phoebe Phoebe Feb 28, 2012 11:39AM
This is where you can complain about any cliffhanger as long as you like. So start complaining!!!

deleted member Mar 20, 2012 03:59PM   3 votes
I'm quite upset.I have to wait another fracking year.I'm jealous of the people in a few years who can read all five books in a straight line.

Me too!!! I was also reading it on my kindle and when I saw the last line I freaked out !!!!

i cant complain... i LOVE cliffhangers!!!

Honestly, I hate how then it has a little "Sneak peek" at the next book, BUT WE DON'T EVEN GET TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING IN TARTARUS! Sometimes I think Rick Riordan just wants the fans to be mad at him so he can 'Make up for it' with a new book and all the fans love him again. I'm a fan, but Rick Riordan is being annoying sometimes.

Phoebe wrote: "This is where you can complain about any cliffhanger as long as you like. So start complaining!!!"

Usually, I hate cliffhangers, but this time, I really liked the way Riordan ended the book. Sooo sweet :'))

OMG the whole book I was like come on, you have to meet each other and then the last line came and I was like...WHAT???????!!!! I have to wait a whole year?? NOOOO!!!

I hope I don't die anytime soon. I still need to read the rest of the HoO series. LOL

deleted member Jan 05, 2013 03:18AM   0 votes
It was a good plot twist, but I AM SO DYING TO READ HOH! It'll be awesome for people in, like, 2015, who can read all five books in a row, like Raella said!

I mean, seriously?!? 1 whole year!?!? AAAHHHH!

I loved the cliffhanger :) i dunno wbout you but i liked what nico said. Like Percy is the most powerful demigod he has ever met and if any1 could do it, he can. Especially with Annabeth by his side. I'm just glad they get to face the challenges together. And i kinda love Percy so I feel happy when Nico said Percy was the most powerful demigod he has ever met...at least Rick hasn't forgotten who made the entire series of Percy jackson possible...Percy jackson lolol

deleted member Jun 08, 2012 07:12AM   0 votes
I WAZ SO FREAKIN MAD!I WAZ ALL SET TO GO TO HIS HOUSE AND START SCREAMING ON HIS DOORSTEP LIKE A CRAZY FANGIRL!

This is the biggest cliffhanger in the entire saga, PJO or HoO. I mean, two characters falling while holding hands to their doom in Tartarus, where NICO, the son of Hades, barely survived. That is definitely an ending to a book. It's going to make the wait for House of Hades even bigger than ever before.

deleted member Jan 05, 2013 05:39PM   0 votes
I can't stand cliffhangers...ugh...that was SO mean! >:(

U 25x33
Kory Todd I concur.
Jan 06, 2013 12:37PM · flag

Actually Rick said that a cliffhanger is when the ending ends with the characters in danger. He hinted that that's what happens in MOA. I hope Annabeth's the one in imminent danger.

I actually found this cliff hanger to be pretty epic. But I'm going to have to wait patiently for a year for The House of Hades.

And like Raella typed, I too am jealous of the people in a few years who can read everything in s straight line.

i hated the cliff hanger!!! i almost threw my nook at the wall(dont worry i didnt) i cant wait to see percy and annabeth get reunited!!

deleted member Oct 08, 2012 06:03AM   0 votes
I really, really hate cliffhangers, but I think that he ended it in a good spot. Though I really want to know about those Doors of Death, and Percy and Annabeth in Tartarus...

Kory (last edited Oct 07, 2012 09:03PM ) Oct 07, 2012 08:55PM   0 votes
To say this book pissed me off is an understatement. To me, it seemed like half the good guys hated/distrusted each other while most of the bad guys are getting along. Secondly the heavy hitters (Percy and Jason) are getting there butts kicked the entire time while Hazel is confused over the Frank and Leo dilemma and Annabeth is freaking out over the Mark of Athena quest. Finally Piper is insecure about her relationship with Jason. The entire time it seems that the heroes are dealing with all of their personal problems instead of the end of the world. Lastly I'm tired of all of these cliff hangars, enough is enough. He didn't do it that much in the PJ series. Why is he doing it now? This whole book felt more necessary than wanted.

U 25x33
Kory Todd True but he doesn't have to leave us in such suspence at the end of every book. ...more
Oct 08, 2012 12:17PM · flag

I wish I could jump into a time machine and teleport into the future when the House of Hades comes out so I could just read it then!!

When annabeth and percy fell into tartarus...WHY?!?!?!?!
i love annabeth and percy i cant stand not knowing that they are ok what if the others dnt get there in time to save them i mean im sure they will but i cant stand not knowing

Kathy (last edited May 13, 2012 12:31AM ) May 13, 2012 12:31AM   0 votes
so mean. i lose sleep over this! i went crazy. i would've thrown my book and scream but i didn't throw the book. i didn't' wanna ruin it:)

Ria (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:27PM ) Feb 28, 2012 04:27PM   0 votes
i love them. but i hate waiting for them

SO HARSH!!!
I just reread the series, starting with the very first book, and now I get to call myself a hundred kinds of idiots because I've FORGOTTEN how BAD cliffhangers FEEL!!!! I WANT THE BOOK NOWWWWW :(

deleted member Oct 06, 2012 05:36PM   0 votes
hate cliffhangers....mostly because the books take 2 days to read...

so in a way, i'm waiting a whole year...for 2 days of reading :(

I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for the next one! It's really killing me. Especially because I was reading it off of my kindle and at the end i saw that i still had like 3% left so i was like OMG I get to see their reunion. But no i did not. I admit it was a good place to stop but it's so infuriating!