We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)
This topic is about Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor
The Books > Christmas at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor #1)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Feb 28, 2012 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments This thread is to discuss Christmas at Friday Harbor.

Book Description:

***New York Times bestselling author Lisa Kleypas's new series begins during the most magical time of year

ONE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS A FAMILY One rain-slicked night, six-year-old Holly lost the only parent she knew, her beloved mother Victoria. And since that night, she has never again spoken a word.

ONE SINGLE MAN NEEDS A WIFE The last thing Mark Nolan needs is a six-year-old girl in his life. But he soon realizes that he will do everything he can to make her life whole again. His sister's will gives him the instructions: There's no other choice but you. Just start by loving her. The rest will follow.

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LITTLE MAGIC... Maggie Collins doesn't dare believe in love again, after losing her husband of one year. But she does believe in the magic of imagination. As the owner of a toy shop, she lives what she loves. And when she meets Holly Nolan, she sees a little girl in desperate need of a little magic.

...TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE Three lonely people. Three lives at the crossroads. Three people who are about to discover that Christmas is the time of year when anything is possible, and when wishes have a way of finding the path home...

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments LOVE this book. I've lost track of the numbr of times I've read it. **sigh** It is just perfect to me. ☺

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments I need to read this as soon as I've finished Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) by Loretta Chase

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I hope you enjoy it, Carol!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I hope you enjoy it, Carol!"

Thanks Danielle!

Susan Gorman | 400 comments I enjoyed this book, too!
Carol--you will love it!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Thanks Susan! I'm really looking forward to starting it.

jingles I just finished this one and was really disappointed.

I liked the story line, and thought it was great. It didn't seem to develop well though - at least not for me.

Everything just seemed so rushed, especially towards the end. We're told about all these obstacles, but then all of a sudden they were just swept away, and it all falls into place - way to easy.

I kept waiting for something big to happen.

I will continue on with the next book in the series.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Sorry it didn't do it for you, jingles. To each her own. I just LOVE this novella. I now have it on audio and listened to it again on Christmas Eve.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I'm glad you are going to continue reading Kleypas!

message 11: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments I'am reading it at the moment almost finished.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Joeera wrote: "I'am reading it at the moment almost finished."

Did you finish, Joeera? How did you like it?

message 13: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments I liked it well enough but I didn't love it like I do her Hathaway series.It just didn't capture me I don't know if I will read the rest of the series. The movie was good but I thought all three actors that played the role of the brothers were wrong.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Yes, the casting was a bit off.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Joeera wrote: "I liked it well enough but I didn't love it like I do her Hathaway series.It just didn't capture me I don't know if I will read the rest of the series. The movie was good but I thought all three a..."

It's a show? Movie? What's it called?

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Here's a link to the imbd page. It's called Christmas With Holly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2355762/

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Here's a link to the imbd page. It's called Christmas With Holly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2355762/"

thanks. I just read that book last month

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Your review is awesome! I think you might enjoy the movie. It's not as good as the book, but it has its charm.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Your review is awesome! I think you might enjoy the movie. It's not as good as the book, but it has its charm."

Thank you. This is why I love romance. I will try the movie on netflicks this weekend

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Your review is awesome! I think you might enjoy the movie. It's not as good as the book, but it has its charm."

Thank you. This is why I love romance. ..."

Yeah, that's what I love about LK. She makes you in love with love and the idea of two people you adore falling in love with each other! :)

message 21: by Sue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sue | 41 comments Loved this book - so very sweet.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Yes, I love this book, too. I've read it many times, and usually do so again around the holidays.

Debra (countrymom6) | 15 comments Ok does any one know if its free on amazon or Barnes and noble I have downloaded here but it only gave me a sample not whole book an I liked the beginning and its a choice for my November pick it challenge and I'd like to finish it !! Any help would be great !! I don't. Think our library has it! Thanks

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Sorry, Debra, it is not available for free from either Amazon or B&N. Have you tried the library at the next big town near you?

Debra (countrymom6) | 15 comments Yes mine is trying to get for me thank goodness

Heidi | 871 comments I watched the movie for the second time the other night. Nothing like the book. Was not impressed with the actors or actress picked to play the roles. No chemistry between leads at all!