Horse Whisperers discussion

So, why the hell should I?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Don't know how to explain well Fiona but whenever I read one of his book it feels like I found a treasure. The loop took me away from this world for a day and didn't let me function. It are the only books that I have to read in one time without stopping and I get completely absorbed by them. But that is just how they make me (and my Italian friend) feel.

Now you Atishay:-))

message 2: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Atishay | 229 comments Mod
* Ahem Ahem *

Fiona, what makes Nicholas Evans way more than an average romantic writer is the way in which he develops his characters. I haven't read any author who can portray human feelings and reactions to life the way Evans does. You won't need to think what the character might do in his books. Just place yourself in their place and think what you would have done. When you turn the page, you'll know what Evans is all about.
In Horse Whisperer, he has revealed the vulnerabilities of human heart to love, ever so gently that it left my heart reeling at the end(it was so good). I haven't read the Loop but I know it'll be nice. The Divide is another one I read and it was superb too.

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Hehe, this feels so funny..trying to convert Fiona in a crazy Nicholas Evans fan!

Atishay, that was nicely said. Any thoughts about writing yourself?

message 4: by Atishay, The Brave (last edited Dec 07, 2008 03:34AM) (new)

Hehe, Fiona we KNOW you will love Nicholas Evans. And then you will be one of us!

I don't know about writing Jeane, I think I need more time to come up with a topic, let alone write a book on it. :) I m just being sarcastic here. Actually I haven't given it much thought.
Right now, its like I'm upto my neck in work and studies.

message 5: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Well if you need any encouragment, I like the way you write your comments. They are always well written and with feeling.

message 6: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Well that means a lot to me. Thanks :)

message 7: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Hey, that's cheating ! :)

message 8: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

What other reason can I give you to read a book I know will tear anyone's heart out ? Put a heavy paperweight in your whims. Tie them down to a pole.

message 9: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Fiona, just read those treasures. You can only get richer by doing it....in your head at least.

message 10: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

I know you'll love it. There's not a slightest trace of doubt about it in my mind.

message 11: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Not literally but yeah, if Jeane agrees, then I don't have a problem :)

message 12: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Actually if you gave me one good reason why you didn't like it, I'll let you go. :)

message 13: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Maybe....

message 14: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

YAY!
Fiona got the Divide!!
*Cheers Jeane*
Can't wait to hear your opinion of The Divide.

Are you serious about the smoke part?? :P

message 15: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will call you...just start reading it, between A christmas carol or after it. I thought it was intense and nice.

message 16: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Its fine.. but after that Little Women, its The Divide.
Do try to find Horse Whisperer at other places though, its worth it. :)

message 17: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
If I would have a job right now, I would ask if I can send you The horse whisperer too. It is nice to read the first one he wrote as the frist book but not needed at all!!!!! Don't you feel a bit...not able to read for the moment after that great Prodigal summer......take the divide and see if that is the one you need now.

message 18: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Lolz..
Take your time Fiona! Keep the good one for the last.. :)
And queue up Horse Whisperer after The Divide.

message 19: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Go and read it!
Yes I read about that..would have been very very bad if it went totally wrong....

message 20: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
not immediately...yet:-) I just hope you will enjoy reading it, even if you don't completely adore it..and maybe will read also his other books without feeling that it is almost something you have to do without wanting it.

message 21: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Don't remember well....

message 22: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Hey Fiona, thanks for coming back to the group. I know it isn't easy withour addiction the TNBBC! And you gave me an idea: I invited everybody on my friend list....and hope others will follow!

message 23: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Fiona, I have thought that many times while reading his books. Besides all the research he des first, he is capable of writing really good and capture things very well too. I hope you will notice when the story gets better and that it doesn't pass without you noticing! :-)